Kodi won' t save subtitles next to video when "Play next video automatically" is on
Seems like I've seen this issue posted since Leia shipped, but the issue has survived the last three LibreELEC updates (presently on LibreELEC 9.2) so at this point, I'm just wondering if a fix is in the works at all.

With "play next video automatically" enabled and the subtitle storage location set to "next to the video," I can download a subtitle while watching a movie or TV episode and the subtitle will work fine as long as I don't press "stop." If I stop (not pause) the video and restart it, the subtitle no longer displays and checking the file system, no subtitle file is present in the video's folder. It seems like the downloaded subtitle gets saved to a temp folder, but is never moved to the video's folder. If I disable "play next video automatically," subtitles function as designed, i.e. downloaded subtitles get place into the video's folder and are present the next time the video plays.

Client:
Raspberry Pi 3+
LibreELEC 9.2. - Leia
Skin: Estuary

Server:
Files are shared from a Raspberry Pi 4B Raspbian 10 (Buster) fileserver running Samba 4.9.5-Debian and MySQL Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.22-MariaDB
(2020-06-16, 16:45)charlesmayo53 Wrote: Seems like I've seen this issue posted since Leia shipped, but the issue has survived the last three LibreELEC updates (presently on LibreELEC 9.2) so at this point, I'm just wondering if a fix is in the works at all.

With "play next video automatically" enabled and the subtitle storage location set to "next to the video," I can download a subtitle while watching a movie or TV episode and the subtitle will work fine as long as I don't press "stop." If I stop (not pause) the video and restart it, the subtitle no longer displays and checking the file system, no subtitle file is present in the video's folder. It seems like the downloaded subtitle gets saved to a temp folder, but is never moved to the video's folder. If I disable "play next video automatically," subtitles function as designed, i.e. downloaded subtitles get place into the video's folder and are present the next time the video plays.

Client:
Raspberry Pi 3+
LibreELEC 9.2. - Leia

Server:
Files are shared from a Raspberry Pi 4B Raspbian 10 (Buster) fileserver running Samba 4.9.5-Debian and MySQL Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.22-MariaDB
Has anyone looked at this. I can confirm the same behavior on Kodi 18.7 running on android TV. What I've been forced to do is set "save next to video" and set a custom folder for the subtitles on my network drive. This will download the subtitles where they can be renamed and moved. As described in the issue if the files are not manually moved subtitle file will be deleted.
(2020-08-13, 21:09)placidseven Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 16:45)charlesmayo53 Wrote: Seems like I've seen this issue posted since Leia shipped, but the issue has survived the last three LibreELEC updates (presently on LibreELEC 9.2) so at this point, I'm just wondering if a fix is in the works at all.

Client:
Raspberry Pi 3+
LibreELEC 9.2. - Leia

Server:
Has anyone looked at this. I can confirm the same behavior on Kodi 18.7 running on android TV. What I've been forced to do is set "save next to video" and set a custom folder for the subtitles on my network drive. This will download the subtitles where they can be renamed and moved. As described in the issue if the files are not manually moved subtitle file will be deleted.
I believe this is the issue. There are several open issues for this in the git repo. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18232
(2020-08-14, 16:50)placidseven Wrote:

Client:
Raspberry Pi 3+
LibreELEC 9.2. - Leia

Server:
I believe this is the issue. There are several open issues for this in the git repo. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18232
#18232 is about compressed subtitles being recognized as video files and doesn't seem to relate to this issue. I scanned through all 397 open & closed issues turned up by searching the issues list on "subtitle" and didn't find this specific issue, but I certainly could have missed it.
(2020-08-14, 16:50)placidseven Wrote:

Client:
Raspberry Pi 3+
LibreELEC 9.2. - Leia

Server:
FYI, limited testing on version 19.0-ALPHA1 for Windows suggests that with the Matrix release, subtitles save next to video correctly with "Play Next Video Automatically" enabled. I don't use Windows for Kodi so I'll have to wait until LibreELEC releases a version 19 to test more thoroughly, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won' t save subtitles next to video when "Play next video automatically" is on0