Bug Kodi 18.7 crashes when playing any satellite Live TV thru HTSP PVR addon Ubuntu 18.04
Hi there,
As per subject, I can't get my head around this, any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
I have a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 install on a decent machine (i5 2500 + 8G ram + R9 390 Nitro 8g) and have installed Kodi just yesterday (version 18.7 stable)
I have a tvheadend server with sat TV running on same machine and if I try to play any channel (tried different video qualities from SD to 4k) Kodi freezes forabout 30 seconds and then closes. No impact to running OS.
I can restart Kodi again and repeat the same issue.
I have used Kodi for long time on Windows so I am quite familiar with the TVH PVR addon - I am sure it is working properly and the issue is not there.
From my searches around the net it is quite clear that the culprit should be the AMDGPU-PRO driver I use but I am totally lost on how to fix/resolve it.
Please find the full debug log on https://pastebin.com/wsjQKdA5
Any other necessary info I missed, please let me know and I'll add.
Thanks,
papelone
Update since I got no answer Sad I still did not resolve it. My major issue is that, unlike most other posts I can read online, I do not see any error in my log so I don't know what to think.
I can make it work only by disabling VDPAU in Player Settings.
You already know the issue, get rid of amdgpu pro, use standard amdgpu instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.7 crashes when playing any satellite Live TV thru HTSP PVR addon Ubuntu 18.040