Multicast Stream Server via Kodi Playback
Hello,
I want kodi to not play the video stream locally but to stream it to the local network via multicast stream.
The platform used would be a raspberry pi 4. The output via hdmi is not nessessary but if nothing is connected it should also work.

Can anyone please give me any advice if this is already possible?
If not already possible can anyone help in in getting this to work. I tried it with gstreamer to cast a stream but it did not work automatically not did it work with kodi.

The goal is to receive the multicast stream in the network to play it simultaneously and manage the playback via kodi interface from the smartphone.

Thanks in advance!
Kodi is a _player_, not a streaming server (it can do UPNP/DLNA but that's an exception).
VLC and ffmpeg can make (send) streams via multicast, but that's offtopic for these forums.
(2020-06-19, 14:03)asavah Wrote: Kodi is a _player_, not a streaming server (it can do UPNP/DLNA but that's an exception).
VLC and ffmpeg can make (send) streams via multicast, but that's offtopic for these forums.

Thx for the reply and answering to my "request" or wish to use kodi.
Kodi already supports most needed functions and it could be the best platform to start.
Since Kodi offers a lot of add-ons I though of a way to just add the streaming function to the output.

Can anyone help me to achieve that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multicast Stream Server via Kodi Playback0