External subtitles on PVR Simple Client?
Hello,
I'm using the PVR Simple Client to load a M3U list with contents like live tv and movies & series on demand.
I understand that using subtitles on live tv depends on the tv network that's providing the service.
Now, regarding movies & series on demand, even after configuring the subtitles add-on, it doesn't show the subtitles icon on the player. There is a subtitle section on the players settings, but it's always disabled (I think this is also regarding the subtitles the service is providing).
Is there any way to use the subtitles add-on on PVR Simple Client when watching videos on demand?

Thanks!
I don’t think so. For PVR the subtitles need to be embedded in the stream. I don’t think it’s possible to use external subtitles.

So you provider would need to include them I think.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
The subtitle settings option is not desabled for me and i can search for subs like normal though i don't use it with live tv
(2020-06-20, 13:18)phunkyfish Wrote: I don’t think so. For PVR the subtitles need to be embedded in the stream. I don’t think it’s possible to use external subtitles.

So you provider would need to include them I think.

External subtitles work with Kodi v17.6 or prior. I notice that with v18 onwards they direct to a network path pvr:// which does not reveal any subtitle files or any other files for that matter that are in the same folder as your recordings.

It's annoying and I hope someone can fix so other files show up and so you can use external subtitles files like *.srt files that have been manually extracted outside of kodi for the newer releases of kodi.

Can anyone help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External subtitles on PVR Simple Client?0