Can't "Scan for New Content" properly 14662
XBMC SVN: 14662 (latest) PPA install on Asus eee PC 900:

Similar problem on an Xbox in this thread.

Code:
I used to be able to scan an entire folder of movies ("set content" - "scan") and it would automatically download all of the movie thumbnails. Yesterday I had a movie folder icon that I couldn't get rid of so I went into Userdata and deleted everything in the video thumbnail folder. It got rid of the sticky icon (along with all of my movie thumbnails) but now when I scan my movie folder using IMBD, it flashes a quick "scanning" message that lasts a second of two but doesn't add any thumbnails.

Is there something I need to do to make this work again? Would hate to have to add the thumbnail for each film separately.

I can't use that solution (remove source, then re-add source )since I can't seem to add an external USB Drive in 'add source'.

If I go inside my 'Movies' folder I can manually scan every map without a problem.

How can I purge my library?
Just wipe out your db and start over. (userdata/database/myvideos##.db)
I fixed it by removing all the movies in Library Mode. moving all the files to another directory and scan again.
My previous post is obselete. I could not fix it that way. It only scanned the movies that were previously available in Library Mode (Before I deleted them).

althekiller Wrote:Just wipe out your db and start over. (userdata/database/myvideos##.db)

I can't find any database folder or myvideos##.db file. Is it supposed to be under /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/
~/.xbmc/userdata/database/myvideosXX.db
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
XBMC SVN: 14662 (latest) PPA install on Asus eee PC 900 with Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy:

I can't find any database folder or myvideos##.db file. Is it supposed to be under /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/?
Nevermind previous replay, I was a little trigger happer.
malloc Wrote:~/.xbmc/userdata/database/myvideosXX.db
Many thanks to both of you.
Next time check the manual first ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't "Scan for New Content" properly 146620