Shortening steps for Video and pictures
Hi
I was using Confluence skin for several years, but finally I got tired of Confluence limits (no customization at all) so I checked all (available for my system) skins. I have chosen two for testing.  I installed T! recently and I like it.  I like customization.  I used all three custom options for different video files and it works great.  However I need your help with:
  • Fonts.  Is possible to change fonts in a simple way?
  • Video. When I click "Video" I go to "Files" with several video folders.  When I open Submenu (I added Video to favorites) and click on created "Video" sub, I go to Video. I like to cut this one step.  Can you add Favorites on top of Submenu like you did for Custom?  It would be great.
  • Pictures.  The same like above.  When I click on "Pictures" it opens a window with "Pictures add ons" and "Pictures", so I have to click again on Pictures. I like to cut this one step.  Can you add Favorites on top of Submenu like you did for Custom?  It would be great.
You can add two or three more Custom options and it will be great too.
Thanks for good job.
Exploring new skins can be fun, and T! has many features that make it one of my favourites, not the least is the customization.

1) In the settings>interface >skin you get some choices. Investigation will discover many place in which you can alter fonts, but may have skin consequences, sizes, colours etc. I would suggest you leave this level to choices offered in the gui.

2) T! gives you 3 home page custom buttons, sufficient for most. The skin menu offers a huge amount of sub menus, and any one of these can be linked to a custom button, from playlists, sources, nodes and favourites. T! skin offers a favourite main menu button, if it's not showing enter the skin settings and ensure you have it toggled.

#) Suggest you investigate Video nodes (wiki) and Smart playlists (wiki), as you get more proficient at custom modding, you will find you will be able to do much more but you'll need to dig further into modding .xml code files of the skin. It's not necessary to dive into skinning, there are many skins to choose and some might be more of a perfect fit.
(2020-06-24, 18:02)PatK Wrote: Exploring new skins can be fun, and T! has many features that make it one of my favourites, not the least is the customization.

1) In the settings>interface >skin you get some choices. Investigation will discover many place in which you can alter fonts, but may have skin consequences, sizes, colours etc. I would suggest you leave this level to choices offered in the gui.

2) T! gives you 3 home page custom buttons, sufficient for most. The skin menu offers a huge amount of sub menus, and any one of these can be linked to a custom button, from playlists, sources, nodes and favourites. T! skin offers a favourite main menu button, if it's not showing enter the skin settings and ensure you have it toggled.

#) Suggest you investigate Video nodes (wiki) and Smart playlists (wiki), as you get more proficient at custom modding, you will find you will be able to do much more but you'll need to dig further into modding .xml code files of the skin. It's not necessary to dive into skinning, there are many skins to choose and some might be more of a perfect fit.
Thanks Pat
1.  There are only one additional font to default: Arial. 
2. I know I use them for Concerts, Serials and Video.  I need one more for pictures.  I put different TV recordings under TV as submenus.  Is it possible to keep submenus visible all the time?
3. Maybe I will.  So far T! is fine for me for all players around the house, however for my Home Theater I will stay with Aeon MQ.
BTW is it possible to change color of cases?  They are yellow.  I prefer blue like BluRay cases.
Thank for answer.
1) guess large instance of a font doesn't qualify as a new font, so in that your are correct. Most of the T! interface revolves around these select fonts, changing them is likely to upset some of the co-ordinates in their placement in different res and pages. Looking through this forum might bring some actions you can take; switching to custom fonts might be more of a chore than it's worth. Skinning Manual (wiki) and Skinning (wiki)

2) Not really, the slide outs can be handled in a node though. e.g. a custom button called 'Library' opens into a field of nodes and playlists.

3) Case colours are grey for DVD, blue for HD DVD and red for TV series, while yellow seems to be reserved for unscraped, or plain folders with sub folders that have videos, like sets. These case colours can be readily changed and located in the textures file located in addons\skin.transparency\media and you will require Kodi.-.Texture.Tool to extract manipulate with any art program  and recombine. Looking through this forum, I suspect you will come across pre-made artwork for most resolutions.
(2020-06-24, 21:54)PatK Wrote: 1) guess large instance of a font doesn't qualify as a new font, so in that your are correct. Most of the T! interface revolves around these select fonts, changing them is likely to upset some of the co-ordinates in their placement in different res and pages. Looking through this forum might bring some actions you can take; switching to custom fonts might be more of a chore than it's worth. Skinning Manual (wiki) and Skinning (wiki)

2) Not really, the slide outs can be handled in a node though. e.g. a custom button called 'Library' opens into a field of nodes and playlists.

3) Case colours are grey for DVD, blue for HD DVD and red for TV series, while yellow seems to be reserved for unscraped, or plain folders with sub folders that have videos, like sets. These case colours can be readily changed and located in the textures file located in addons\skin.transparency\media and you will require Kodi.-.Texture.Tool to extract manipulate with any art program  and recombine. Looking through this forum, I suspect you will come across pre-made artwork for most resolutions.
Thanks Pat.  I will follow your advice.
Any way to keep submenus visible all the time?
(2020-06-24, 22:20)PerfectHT Wrote: Any way to keep submenus visible all the time?
I don't know what you keep in your sub menus, As previously noted: I keep a full page of nodes (which could be the same material that is in a sub menu) set startup window to video, and you'll find yourself at the page full of nodes with nice thumbnail icons. I seem to have a few extra fonts in \addons\skin.transparency\fonts
(2020-06-25, 04:04)PatK Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 22:20)PerfectHT Wrote: Any way to keep submenus visible all the time?
I don't know what you keep in your sub menus, As previously noted: I keep a full page of nodes (which could be the same material that is in a sub menu) set startup window to video, and you'll find yourself at the page full of nodes with nice thumbnail icons.

I don't want to go this way.  When you main menu items (Movie, Video etc.) in Confluence, submenus pop up.  I like to have it in T! but if it is not possible
I am OK with clicking "Up" to show them.

I seem to have a few extra fonts in \addons\skin.transparency\fonts

I am OK with Arial for now.  Generally I am satisfied with T!
(2020-06-24, 21:54)PatK Wrote: 3) Case colours are grey for DVD, blue for HD DVD and red for TV series, while yellow seems to be reserved for unscraped, or plain folders with sub folders that have videos, like sets.
Where T! takes this info from?  I have over 1100 movies and only few show different color.  Even when bottom bar shows DVD, color stays yellow except for five or six DVDs and ~five BluRays.  No even one UHD movie is recognized by T!
Yellow kinda stands out, and means to me the file has not been properly scraped into the library. Ensure your movies are in separate folders of the same name (with date) and there is only one video in the folder and named Naming video files/Movies (wiki). T! does recognize 4K but doesn't see the UHD designation. You can make a smart playlist or node to tease out specific UHD files based on some naming extension or path.

Once a video has been scanned and assigned a resolution (hence colour cover) it can be changed manually (method below) or removed from the source, the system cleaned up to eliminate the file in the library and then re-scraped. 

To change the cover from SD to HD would be taken from the .nfo whihc you have exported to separate files to the movie folder.

e.g.
Code:
<video>
                <codec>xvid</codec>
                <aspect>1.330000</aspect>
                <width>512</width>
                <height>384</height>
                <durationinseconds>5190</durationinseconds>
                <stereomode></stereomode>
 </video>

Changing the resolution and then a local rescan will bring the colour cover associated with the resolution. Of course the .nfo is formed on scrape and the appropriate res is assigned at that time. At present only SD, HD, sets and 4K are delineated in T! unmodified covers , but if you augment the covers broadcast and pal resolutions are available.

In general it sounds like you have a sloppy library, with a non-standard naming convention. Once you have cleaned up the nomenclature, I suggest clearing your sources, system clean-up and then re-scan should establish your library in a more satisfactory manner.
(2020-06-26, 21:27)PatK Wrote: Yellow kinda stands out, and means to me the file has not been properly scraped into the library. Ensure your movies are in separate folders of the same name (with date) and there is only one video in the folder and named Naming video files/Movies (wiki). T! does recognize 4K but doesn't see the UHD designation. You can make a smart playlist or node to tease out specific UHD files based on some naming extension or path.

Once a video has been scanned and assigned a resolution (hence colour cover) it can be changed manually (method below) or removed from the source, the system cleaned up to eliminate the file in the library and then re-scraped. 

To change the cover from SD to HD would be taken from the .nfo whihc you have exported to separate files to the movie folder.

e.g.
Code:
<video>
                <codec>xvid</codec>
                <aspect>1.330000</aspect>
                <width>512</width>
                <height>384</height>
                <durationinseconds>5190</durationinseconds>
                <stereomode></stereomode>
 </video>

Changing the resolution and then a local rescan will bring the colour cover associated with the resolution. Of course the .nfo is formed on scrape and the appropriate res is assigned at that time. At present only SD, HD, sets and 4K are delineated in T! unmodified covers , but if you augment the covers broadcast and pal resolutions are available.

In general it sounds like you have a sloppy library, with a non-standard naming convention. Once you have cleaned up the nomenclature, I suggest clearing your sources, system clean-up and then re-scan should establish your library in a more satisfactory manner.
I have AEON MQ8 on my another player and testing it now.  Aeon has no problem to recognize different formats.  It recognize all UHD movies without a problem.  The same about DVD including two HD DVD, however it used blue case.  (I don't blame them, who still use HD DVD.)  It shown DVD and 1080p for HD DVD, so it is correct.  Still testing but it looks good.
T! is an older skin with the author distracted with larger concerns and although it's one of my favourite skins, it has slipped in adaption of newer features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortening steps for Video and pictures0