WIP Estuary light track selection menu
Hello, the initial topic is here

I figured out how to create a light "track selection menu" appering instead of "full subs menus" when using OSD buttons on videos.

My solution had to respect these constraints :
  • Must be integrated to default skin (estuary)
  • Must be OS independant (must work on windows as well as Android TV)
  • Must not involve Keyboard mapping shortcuts
  • Must provide easy access to track selection/enabling (audio/subs/video) ==> UX improvement to condense all most-used parameters in one window (excerpts for Toggle video stream, but as some mkv have multiple video tracks now like "Mad max fury road" or "logan", I thought it would be useful to add it too).

All advanced settings left to "Parameters" accessible by "gear-icon" button.

I still have to try it on Android TV version.

I will update when tested.

I think the translation in all languages will be a problem for me (only done with french and english).

Thanks for reading.
For information, it works flawlessly on windows (easier to make it with a computer) and on Android TV versions (without doing anything else than copying modified skin).

Just didn't find how to "deactivate" the "toggle video stream" line if container has only one videostream.

Investigating...
Tongue 
(2020-06-25, 09:47)mjibey Wrote: For information, it works flawlessly on windows (easier to make it with a computer) and on Android TV versions (without doing anything else than copying modified skin).

Just didn't find how to "deactivate" the "toggle video stream" line if container has only one videostream.

Investigating...

After searching on Github repo, it seems that functions exists in kodi (GetVideoStreamCount and GetAudioStreamCount in class CApplicationPlayer), but kodi provides no external interface (such as VideoPlayer.HasSubtitles boolean).

Unfortunately, there's no external boolean interface for "HasMultipleAudioStream" or "HasMultipleVideoStream".

So, I guess it's done
PR created to support this menu : PR-22557
With improvements, as we are able to check audio and video counts from themes now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary light track selection menu0