What causes the TV main menu item to appear/dis-appear?
I am using the Confluence skin. What exactly causes the main menu TV item to appear? I am having trouble with my LibreElec system. It looks like the TvHeadEnd client is starting and connecting to the backend, but no TV menu item is showing up. What line(s) do I look for in the debug log?
This is the section which makes that button visible: 
https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/...1015-L1021

To be exact, it's:
<visible>PVR.HasTVChannels</visible>

That's a boolean. So it's either "true" or "false" in the end. 

"False" can be caused by: 

- Either the TVH server or the client on your Kodi instance is not running
- Kodi can't connect to the server
- The server does not have any channels scanned
- A firewall on the OS which runs the TVH server is blocking Kodi 

and some more Wink

I would recommend to simply provide the Debug Log. If everything works fine, it should at least show the channels which the client is able to read from the server. If the log does not show anything in that regard, then please check the server, the network, firewall settings and so on.
Thank you for the info. Below is my latest log that I extracted:

My Log

I am running LibreElec which uses TvHeadEnd. The server is starting, has populated the muxes and also the services. From the log it looks like the client is connecting to the service. However I do not see where it is getting channels from the server. Any ideas where to check?

The client does have the option to collect debug log, however I have not been able to find that.
What do you get if you remove the <visible>PVR.HasTVChannels</visible> condition from skin file that davu pointed out?
"Running on LibreELEC (official): 9.0.2"

You are running an outdated LibreELEC/Kodi version. Please update to the newest LibreELEC version which is available. Currently that's 9.2.3 which also ships a newer Kodi version.
I did update LibreElec. Could not update through LibreElec itself, had to create a USB and install from scratch. That of course blew away all of my settings and addons. TV pver is now working, still don't have epg running yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What causes the TV main menu item to appear/dis-appear?0