Chapters in flac files
Hello:

My natural language is Spanish.

I have a flac file with many songs. The file contains tags in the format "CHAPTERnnn" indicating the beginning of each song and "CHAPTERnnnNAME" indicating the name of each song. With the VLC media player this information is displayed and you can advance to a specific song as if it were chapters in a vido file. Is there a way to do this with KODI. What I want is to be able to view the names of all the tracks and eventually start playing on a specific one. Thank you very much.
Sorry I can't see the point of having a single file containing multiple songs. May I ask what the benefit of that would be? I suggest you split the file and tag with Picard.
(2020-06-28, 01:14)Sylfest Wrote: Sorry I can't see the point of having a single file containing multiple songs. May I ask what the benefit of that would be? I suggest you split the file and tag with Picard.

I agree that there is no benefit in having multiple songs in one file, however this file was given to me by a DJ with the compilation of a party, therefore the songs are not complete and they are also hooked with a small mix at the end of each one. Since I am interested in keeping it, I asked the question to see if there is any alternative insted of separate the songs, many of which are already in my library.
As far as I know, the only chapters that Kodi reads from Audio files are those from mka and m4b files which are predominantly used for audiobooks.

If chapters are that important to you, then convert to one of those formats.

See the audiobook guide here to convert... https://kodi.wiki/view/Audiobooks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's possible that the "chapters" you're referring to is an embedded cuesheet. You may be able to extract that cuesheet and use it to reference the FLAC file, ie "play" the cuesheet. You could also use it to separate the big file into smaller single files. I suggest to use foobar2000 or CUETOOLS for such purposes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapters in flac files0