Win kodi 18.7 - no video solo audio
I just installed the new version of kodi 18.7 on a pc where I had kodi 17 working regularly.
The pc has win 7.
In the kodi videos now I can hear the audio but I don't see the video.
From the settings I tried to deactivate the dvxa2 hardware acceleration, to change the rendering method (software, automatic etc.).
What can I try? I also updated the driver of the video card (Intel mobile 945 chipset family, it's an old pc...)
Should I go back to a previous version?
thank you
(2020-06-29, 15:53)brucedeandre Wrote: Should I go back to a previous version?
If you have that ability, then yes revert to something working, once it's all good choose to install a 'portable version' of the current stable Kodi and ensure that functionality prior to a full commitment into something new especially on older equipment. To further engage your present installation, a proper debug log along with a description of your hardware and connections would be appropriate. Log file/Advanced (wiki) should contain information on creating a debug log even if the gui is inoperable. section 3. The Debug Mode code to add to the advancedsettings.xml file
(2020-06-29, 20:13)PatK Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 15:53)brucedeandre Wrote: Should I go back to a previous version?
If you have that ability, then yes revert to something working, once it's all good choose to install a 'portable version' of the current stable Kodi and ensure that functionality prior to a full commitment into something new especially on older equipment. To further engage your present installation, a proper debug log along with a description of your hardware and connections would be appropriate. Log file/Advanced (wiki) should contain information on creating a debug log even if the gui is inoperable. section 3. The Debug Mode code to add to the advancedsettings.xml file
thanks for the suggestion but I'd like to well understand it. I have to :
uninstall the 18.7 version
install again the 17.6 , portable version?
and then? install the 18.7?
I do not understand well all the steps and the their order
thanks again
(2020-06-30, 08:52)brucedeandre Wrote: If you have that ability
This statement was more of a question, than an order of process. You would need a proper back-up available as Krypton is not 100% backward compatible with Leia Releases (wiki) and some code scramble might result. If you have used the 'export to separate files' then all your meta-data should reside with each movie in it's own folder, then a local re-scrape will be quick. If this is the case, a proper removal of Leia would include a removal of all remnants in the install folder as well, this would precipitate any version installation.

I do recommend portable mode for both (two installations) Krypton and Leia, allowing you to choose which installation to launch and ensure functionality. It's likely that Krypton will function as it worked in the past, With older equipment, the move up to Leia might be at issue and best be prepared for disappointment with a proper debug log as suggested, links in #2  post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 18.7 - no video solo audio0