Das Boot (1985) Series Won't Scrape
Hi guys - I'm trying to scan in Das Boot (1985) into my TV library - however, it won't scrape.  I just get 'Das Boot (1985) doesn't exist'

This is the 6 part TV series and not the film that was released in 1981.

I can see there is an entry for it over at themoviedb https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/65567-das-...uage=en-US

My folder structure is as follows:-

Das Boot (1985) > Season 1 > Episode 1 > Das Boot (1985) - 01x01 - Part 1.mkv

Any ideas why this isn't scraping?

Kind Regards
This works for me

It could be the episode names being Part 1, Part 2 etc is confusing scraper, as these are normally used to identify files in several parts, so perhaps try without them.
(2020-06-30, 15:28)yuljk Wrote: Das Boot (1985) > Season 1 > Episode 1 > Das Boot (1985) - 01x01- Part 1.mkv
You don't need to couch the episodes into sub folder seasons if it's only one season. 2 part episodes might be better handled concocted with MKVToolNix (wiki). In your example, there appears to be an unneeded folder. Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) that may be tripping up the scraper. If your aim is to conjoin Part 1 & Part 2 as one listing, use -cd1 and -cd2 with no space preceding seems to work out.

In your circumstance "Das Boot (1985)>Season 1>Das Boot S01E01 Operation Atlantic" might be better.
(2020-06-30, 15:59)jjd-uk Wrote: This works for me

It could be the episode names being Part 1, Part 2 etc is confusing scraper, as these are normally used to identify files in several parts, so perhaps try without them.

Many thanks for the reply - Tried removing the 'part 1' etc from the episode names and rescaping.  Doesn't work.  I'm wondering if it's getting confused as I have the movie of the same title in my library already, although the date is different 'Das Boot (1981)'

Also, if I navigate to file and right click on the series and choose 'Information' the only hit I get from themoviedb is 'Das Boot (1981)' - whether I try automatically or manually.

I guess I'll just have to have either the series or the film, as the scraper doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between the two.
I got the details from TMDB without having to do anything other than have the files named as in my screenshot to default scraper settings.
@yuljk

You are not going to solve the issue without a Debug Log, so provide a Debug Log capturing you scraping the show.

(2020-06-30, 18:08)yuljk Wrote: if I navigate to file and right click on the series and choose 'Information' the only hit I get from themoviedb is 'Das Boot (1981)'
If you are getting a movie result, then you obviously have your TV show in the movie section of your library and are trying to scrape it into the movie library.

Moved to Information Providers

@PatK Season folders have no effect on the scraping process at all, so it does not matter whether episodes are in a season folder or not.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-30, 21:14)Karellen Wrote: @PatK Season folders have no effect on the scraping process at all, so it does not matter whether episodes are in a season folder or not.

@Karellen   Yes I am familiar with this issue, but he had the video down two sub folders, and I wasn't sure recursive scan might have tripped up with some scraper... I guess I was too lazy to check. After seeing your latest response... and indeed if he is using a movie scraper in a TV source or got them mixed up, then that's the likely explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Das Boot (1985) Series Won't Scrape0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.