Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming
Hi All,

Long time Kodi (XBMC) user in the UK. I have recently upgraded to an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) to replace a Minix Neo after many years of good service & I am very pleased with my purchase. I am now interested in purchasing an HD Homerun (Duo or Quattro) & I am seeing contradictory answers when I search for info.  In a nutshell I wish to connect an HD Homerun to my router & watch Live TV on the Shield & also record Live TV. I want to know if this can be done?

The Wiki states that it can't be done on Android (https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software) but there seem to be plenty of users who are doing it hence the confusion.  My media is connected to a PC on my network & it streams perfectly, I don't want to spend £150 on the HD Homerun & not be able to use it with the Shield.

From what I can gather I need a backend (such as TVHeadend) & a front end (there seems to be a suitable Kodi add-on) but I'm not sure whether it works with a Shield?

Can anybody give me any pointers please before I pull the trogger on the purchase.

Thank you.

MartinK

Messages In This Thread
Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming - by MartinKnowles - 2020-06-30, 20:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I Use an HD Homerun with an Nvidia Shield to Watch & Record UK OTA programming0