Talk to me about HDMI splitters and HD Audio
So I got this HDMI Splitter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GDV...UTF8&psc=1

Its a 1x2 HDMI 2.0a splitter that should be able to output simultaneous 4K and 1080p, and it says it supports HD audio as well.   My surround receiver is HDMI 1.4a, whereas my TV and Nvidia Sheild (2017) are HDMI 2, so I fed it as follows:

Nvidia Shield
|
|
HDMI Splitter
|                |
TV              AVR

If i set the EDID pins both up, it says thats for UltraHD(4k@60hz) & 7.1 audio
Both down turns it to learning mode from output 1.

In either configuration, it passes 4K and HDR through just fine, but the only audio that comes through is non HD audio--Dolby Digital and DTS.  If i swap the positions of the cables and put the AVR in output 1 and TV in output 2 it DOES passthrough HD audio, but then it does not pass through 4K HDR.  Is there any way to overcome this?   I do have DTS-MA and TrueHD enabled in settings.
I'm keen to see the outcome on this too. In the same situation with an HDMI 1.4a soundbar which is more than adequate for my needs other than the lack of support for 4k60.
For 4K@60Hz HDR DolbyVision media players, users should be looking at this solution...

EZCOO HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos- HDMI Scaler 4K 1080P Sync,Firmware Upgrade HDMI 2.0 Splitter 1 in 2 Out HDCP2.2, Scaler EDID Switch, Aluminum Mini Case, USB Power SP12H2 (click)

https://www.easycoolav.com/4k60-hdmi-spl...p0027.html

(2020-07-04, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote: For 4K@60Hz HDR DolbyVision media players, users should be looking at this solution...

EZCOO HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos- HDMI Scaler 4K 1080P Sync,Firmware Upgrade HDMI 2.0 Splitter 1 in 2 Out HDCP2.2, Scaler EDID Switch, Aluminum Mini Case, USB Power SP12H2 (click)

That device is also quite clever because you can download software from the EZCOO site that lets you communicate with the device via a basic command line interface using the Micro USB Power input.  This lets you manually select EDID modes from a large number of options (Rather than the three options you get from the slide switch - 4K, 1080p and Follow input 1), and also allows some other useful settings to be enabled or disabled.
(2020-07-04, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote: For 4K@60Hz HDR DolbyVision media players, users should be looking at this solution...

This is good to know.  The splitter I got is ultimately going into my amblight setup, but im still waiting on my grabber from china so I thought in the meantime id play with getting around the restrictions of my AVR.  Guess Ill end up with one of these you linked, cheaper than buying a completely new receiver.
Just wanted to update this to say I messaged the company Gofanco, through Amazon and their support called me and got my AVR model info.  Two days later they had a custom firmware for me to load into it.  Now it can pass 4k/60hz HDR and HD Audio.  TV shows correct info and AVR shows DTS-MA and True HD both coming through.  Really good support from an Amazon seller, im really impressed by their help.
HI  bought 1 everything fine except i cannot get HDR  from sky q i get atmos great but no HDR  any ideas
                                                              thanks
(2021-02-15, 14:44)frankie13 Wrote: HI  bought 1 everything fine except i cannot get HDR  from sky q i get atmos great but no HDR  any ideas
                                                              thanks

UK Sky Q uses HLG HDR rather than HDR10.  However my EZCOO 1 in, 2 out splitter passes this (so it has a degree of HLG compatibility) - I made sure my TV is connected to HDMI 1 output, and that I have my EDID set to mirror input 1.  

I'm not using my EZCOO for HD Audio AVR purposes though - as I have a UHD HDR AVR.

Just checking that your Sky Q works fine with HDR fed directly into the same HDMI input on your TV?

(This is kind of off topic for a Kodi forum though...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Talk to me about HDMI splitters and HD Audio0