How do you change incorrectly scraped content?
I'm sure this question has come up often but I don't know what terms to search for so, please forgive me if I ask it again. 

Kodi scrapes the TVDB for info and artwork matching my TV series but sometimes it gets it horribly wrong. As an example, one of the shows I have is Lost in Space (2018). The folder name is just Lost in Space but each episode begins with Lost in Space (2018) S01E0*. Kodi identified this as Lost in Space 1965 so I detached the drive, plugged it into my PC and used TVRename to correct it. Unfortunately, as soon as I reconnected it to my TV box and launched Kodi, the drive was scanned again and Kodi replaced everything with the 1965 version. 

I cannot see how I can manually override this so that Kodi downloads the correct content. I'm using the Confluence skin by the way. 

Any ideas please?
@QT-Pro

Call up the Information Page for the tv show, click Refresh and then select the correct show out of the list.

or

Use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For TV shows it's the folder name that matters. The only part that matters in the episode filename is the SxxExx part.

So either rename the folder or for mis-scraped ones open the context menu of the folder, then select info then refresh then yes. It should give you the option to manually choose between the options available, and select the right one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Will try this evening. Thanks guys!
Ok, so I tried it but I was not presented with any option to choose from a list of series matching the title. I was only asked if I wanted to refresh the content from the internet or use content that had been found on the local drive. Neither made any change. 

This morning, I plugged the drive into my PC and used Kodi to rescan everything. That solved some of the issues but not all. I'm having a major problem with the series "See (2019)" and "For All Mankind (2019)". Kodi mixes these two up and I have no idea why but I'm guessing the problem may be coming from Kodi's cache. On my TV box, it was possible to empty Kodi's cache but I cannot see how to do that on my PC?
(2020-07-05, 12:42)QT-Pro Wrote: Kodi mixes these two up and I have no idea why
Can be caused by...
1. Bad nfo files or
2. Incorrect folder structure.
Provide a screenshot of your folder structure for those two tv shows, and also provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show.

As for the Refresh, it does work, so I guess you are doing it wrong.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-05, 12:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 12:42)QT-Pro Wrote: Kodi mixes these two up and I have no idea why
Can be caused by...
1. Bad nfo files or
2. Incorrect folder structure.
Provide a screenshot of your folder structure for those two tv shows, and also provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show.

As for the Refresh, it does work, so I guess you are doing it wrong.

The Debug log is going to present a problem because the main issue is on my TV box whereas I am currently on my PC, unless it is the PC's Debug log you want? 
I can take photos of the Refresh issue if you wish. 

The reason I say it must be a cache issue is because after manually modifying the content of the 2 shows, then closing and reopening Kodi, the content is still correct on the drive itself but Kodi continues to display the wrong covers. The covers it is displaying aren't on the drive so IMHO, it has to be a cache issue. I don't have any nfo files but here are the screenshots your requested: 

ImageImage
(2020-07-05, 13:29)QT-Pro Wrote: The Debug log is going to present a problem because the main issue is on my TV box whereas I am currently on my PC, unless it is the PC's Debug log you want? 
I need the Kodi Debug Log that captures the scraping of both those shows. It does not worry me if that comes from your "tv box" or your pc. If you follow the Debug Log guide, it will tell you how to grab the log.

What are those xml files?
My Signature
(2020-07-05, 21:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 13:29)QT-Pro Wrote: The Debug log is going to present a problem because the main issue is on my TV box whereas I am currently on my PC, unless it is the PC's Debug log you want? 
I need the Kodi Debug Log that captures the scraping of both those shows. It does not worry me if that comes from your "tv box" or your pc. If you follow the Debug Log guide, it will tell you how to grab the log.

What are those xml files?
I will attempt to get you the Debug log from my TV box tonight. I'm at work now so I don't have access to it.

I assumed Kodi created the xml files. The fact that you are asking obviously means it didn't. Therefore, they must have been created by my previous player, a Mede8er X6003D. Here's a screenshot of the content of another one: 

(2020-07-06, 08:57)QT-Pro Wrote: I will attempt to get you the Debug log from my TV box tonight. I'm at work now so I don't have access to it.
Sure, I'll keep an eye out for it.

(2020-07-06, 08:57)QT-Pro Wrote: I assumed Kodi created the xml files. The fact that you are asking obviously means it didn't.
Correct. Kodi does not create files using the .xml extension. Kodi will export .nfo files when the user selects the option (which happen to be XML content). Never tested to see whether an xml file can be scanned by mistake, I wouldn't think so, but I will try that a bit later.
My Signature
I checked the content of both xml files against both TVDB and IMDB yesterday and their content was 100% accurate so, even if Kodi is scanning those files, it should still come up with the correct info for each series. 

Last night, after having cleaned up everything in both series folders to ensure their data was correct, I plugged the drive back into the TV box, went into the app settings and cleared Kodi's cache then ran Kodi again. I couldn't believe my eyes, "See" shows the cover and fanart of "For All Mankind" and vice-versa! This means it is not a cache issue. I'm very much a beginner at all this stuff but I find myself asking whether the issue may be coming from the TVDB's database?

Anyway, I'll have to get you that Debug log before we can investigate this any further.
(2020-07-06, 09:36)QT-Pro Wrote: I couldn't believe my eyes, "See" shows the cover and fanart of "For All Mankind" and vice-versa! This means it is not a cache issue. I'm very much a beginner at all this stuff but I find myself asking whether the issue may be coming from the TVDB's database?
I have seen this problem before, but it is very rare and it results from the use of non-compatible nfo files. But as far as I can see you are not using nfo files and why I need that Debug Log to see why Kodi is mixing the shows.

Your folders look perfect where each tv show is in its own folder, and episodes in their own season folder, so you do not have mixed tv shows, like some newbies try to do. I assume that H:\TV Series\ is what you set for your Source in Kodi.

The cause is a corrupted database, most likely due to missing UniqueID's, but I could confirm that if you send your MyVidoes1xx database, but lets start with the Debug Log first. The fix is to delete your database and rebuild it, but I don't want to tell you to do that until I can confirm the reason why this happened, otherwise it may just happen again.

Here is another user with a similar problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331429
My Signature
As promised, last night I went about creating the Debug log however, prior to doing that, I updated Kodi to v18.7.2. Having enabled Debug logging and restarted, I then went to rescan "For All Mankind" in order to reproduce the problem but, I got a shock. All the artwork was correct! So, I then checked "SEE" thinking I would be able to create the Debug log with that however, that too was displaying perfectly. This meant that a Debug log would have no purpose because the problem seems to have resolved itself and a scan would not produce any anomalies. 

Incidentally, it was someone on the FreakTab forum who suggested I update to v18.7.2 as he claimed it had been designed for Android. Not only does it appear to have solved the mixed-up DB problem but I also had an issue with sound dropping-out and that has also stopped. That said, he told me to disable sending noise in the audio settings so perhaps that had something to do with it? 

Anyway, I have no idea what it was in the 18.7.2 update that addressed the DB mixing issue but I'm thrilled it has been solved. Concerning the other thread where people are having a similar DB mixing problem, would it be worthwhile letting them know that the latest release solved that for me?

Update: 
It seems the audio drop-out issue has not been fixed. Last night, I watched 2 episodes of 2 different TV series and both had intermittent sound drop-out. Regretfully, v18.7.2 has not adressed that and it looks like my only option is to run CoreElec as I have been told that is more stable than Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you change incorrectly scraped content?0