Transfer Music DB
I have Kodi(Libreelec) running on a Raspberry Pi which is my where have all my TV and movies setup. All setup, scalped etc. I have my music library set up in  Kodi on my PC. All scalped, setup up perfectly. All files tagged using MusicBrainz. I want to transfer the music library to the Pi. What is the best way to do this?

I ask here because I have used the guides and forum for tips and I am running into something odd and frustrating.  Before I transfer the audio files between HDD, I thought I would test how the scalping works etc by sharing the database over UPnP. When I scalp it, it gives me a different result to PC. Including splitting artists up, so I have duplicate artists. Even though on my PC I don't and the music metadata is all tagged. I even went and rechecked the tags. I cannot see any fields different which would cause this. Since I'm getting this error, it's put me off transferring the library. I don't want my PC  on all the time where as the pi gets left on. Thank you.
Although I did have a chuckle with the term 'scalped', it's best to use the proper term 'scraped', as from to 'scrape' and 'scraping'. Smile

As Kodi uses full paths when scraping media files, testing would be okay, but scraping would again be necessary when the music files are on their new location.
Using a UPnP source for scraping files is not possible. You'll need a dedicated file transfer method for that, such as SMB, NFS, FTP, etc.

Transferring a library can be done with first doing a Music Library Export, creating nfo files which contain all relevant metadata. Importing the music collection should also go a lot quicker with all metadata already available, instead of having to retrieve it again via the internet.
(2020-07-05, 09:56)Klojum Wrote: Although I did have a chuckle with the term 'scalped', it's best to use the proper term 'scraped', as from to 'scrape' and 'scraping'. Smile

As Kodi uses full paths when scraping media files, testing would be okay, but scraping would again be necessary when the music files are on their new location.
Using a UPnP source for scraping files is not possible. You'll need a dedicated file transfer method for that, such as SMB, NFS, FTP, etc.

Transferring a library can be done with first doing a Music Library Export, creating nfo files which contain all relevant metadata. Importing the music collection should also go a lot quicker with all metadata already available, instead of having to retrieve it again via the internet.

Haha why did I write scalped?? I blame the early time I got up. I'll connect the HDD to the Pi and export/import he library and hope it appears the way it does on the PC.
(2020-07-05, 13:27)quarantinefaux Wrote: Haha why did I write scalped??

Twice! Rofl
(2020-07-05, 13:27)quarantinefaux Wrote: I'll connect the HDD to the Pi and export/import he library and hope it appears the way it does on the PC.
Remember music is different to video, the music library entries are populated by scanning the tags embedded in the music files. Export/import only applies to the additional info and artwork for artists and albums, and to song playback history (lastplayed, playcount and ratings). You will need to create the library first by adding music sources and scanning music files then either import the additional artist and album info (if exported to a single xml file) or allow scraping to pick it up from nfo files (if exported to nfo files).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transfer Music DB0