Solved Video stuttering when using the browser.
Hello. A few days ago I had a very strange problem. When playing video in any format, no matter if it's 1080p 60 fps, 720p 30 fps, 480p 25 fps - no matter what format - and I will mark that regardless of the addon - whether it's youtube or any other, when I watch something on tv connected to my laptop and on the second monitor I use a web browser - the video starts to stutter. The problem is so strange that when I "call" the OSD as in the picture below - the problem does not occur. When OSD disappears - it starts again.

Example - on the skin of Aeon Nox Silvo. Can you tell me if this is a problem with kodi itself or what the hell is breaking down? When I don't use browsers - regardless of whether it's Firefox, Edge, Chrome, opera - I do something completely different, I can even capture OBS video from kodi - nothing happens. Even when I start the game - nothing like that happens. I'm currently after a clean installation of Windows 10 - still the same.

The film illustrates how the video displayed in kodi behaves - when using a web browser. (as I wrote earlier, the quality of the material is the number of frames per second, resolution - it doesn't matter because it's the same everywhere).

I can even watch the material in kodi - and at the same time the second, e.g. in VLC and nothing happens and when using browsers ... I do not know if it may have something to do with the system itself - or its compilation - windows 10 pro 2004 (the latest zripana which they forced me to do) but the problem started only a few days ago.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-07-06, 13:50)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Full log with debugging
https://paste.kodi.tv/ukuletuhic.kodi .
Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell mobile) from 2013 doing a non-accelerated h.264 Youtube video (which resolution?) and having 3-4 micro stutters while opening/running a web browser...
I'd say the GPU is still doing nicely, considering how much web browsers can be CPU & memory hogs these days. And I don't see any errors relating to the video play in the log file.
Plus you also do have a 'heavy' skin active. Of course there can also be a glitch in Windows itself. What are the CPU percentages in Kodi while all this is going on?
(2020-07-06, 14:30)Klojum Wrote: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell mobile) from 2013 doing a non-accelerated h.264 Youtube video (which resolution?) and having 3-4 micro stutters while opening/running a web browser...
I'd say the GPU is still doing nicely, considering how much web browsers can be CPU & memory hogs these days. And I don't see any errors relating to the video play in the log file.
Plus you also do have a 'heavy' skin active. Of course there can also be a glitch in Windows itself. What are the CPU percentages in Kodi while all this is going on?
And here it begins to get interesting. Because CPU usage is different and the response is the same. And best of all - when you start debugging in kodi - when it appears on the screen:

or when "I call OSD / panel with buttons" the problem disappears - nothing completely happens. Maybe it is actually a problem with the system - maybe something has broken again - I keep looking Smile Thanks for your time and help.
In case of troubles, always activate the system/default skin first.
I have no idea what the Aeon Nox Silvo skin installs/runs these days.
Ok, I finally found a solution to this problem. Anyway, the problem is windows as always. It was enough to change the priority of the process for kodi from normal to above normal. The problem is gone. Apparently the May update has a process management problem. Maybe someone will find this answer useful and help in something.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering when using the browser.0