Create movie library with gdrive addon/scrapers/nfo?
Hi, Just wondering if someone can help or point me in the right direction.

The goal is to create a movie library, which has its own meta info/ thumbnails which can be transferable across my devices without having to manually customise anything per device.

I have to gdrive app installed on tablet/firesticks/computer. On my computer (where i have gdrive mounted with rclone) i can point kodi to the mounted folder and it can scan for meta info. When i access that through kodi>video/media/sources and click into the directory it looks perfect but i can't achieve that on any other device.

Can someone explain how i could achieve something like this? Please bare in mind that i have barely any experience with kodi but i am moving from plex to kodi simply because of how intensive plex can be on bandwidth and the server. I have posted this same question on the reddit page but don't seem to get much of a response.

If thats not an option is there a way i can manually add thumbnails/movie information to the directories so whichever device opens kodi would automatically populate that information?
(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: The goal is to create a movie library, which has its own meta info/ thumbnails which can be transferable across my devices without having to manually customise anything per device.
Are all the devices running Kodi, or are you using different media managers per device?

(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: When i access that through kodi>video/media/sources and click into the directory it looks perfect but i can't achieve that on any other device.
It sounds like you are using File Browser mode. If you use the main menu items of Movies and TV Shows, do you see your content?
What exactly can't you achieve?

(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: If thats not an option is there a way i can manually add thumbnails/movie information to the directories so whichever device opens kodi would automatically populate that information?
Use a shared MySQL/MariaDB setup... https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I use Ember Media Manager which gives you nfo's and lets you control thumbnails and posters. This will work on any KODI device https://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-u...nto-shape/
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2020-07-07, 02:18)Rickt1962 Wrote: This will work on any KODI device https://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-u...nto-shape/
oooh, someone needs to tell the author that XBMC no longer exists Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
LOL Sorry I didnt know XBMC was dead I knew they changed the name of it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so...i_and_XBMC
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2020-07-06, 22:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: The goal is to create a movie library, which has its own meta info/ thumbnails which can be transferable across my devices without having to manually customise anything per device.
Are all the devices running Kodi, or are you using different media managers per device?
(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: When i access that through kodi>video/media/sources and click into the directory it looks perfect but i can't achieve that on any other device.
It sounds like you are using File Browser mode. If you use the main menu items of Movies and TV Shows, do you see your content?
What exactly can't you achieve?
(2020-07-06, 15:47)faycee Wrote: If thats not an option is there a way i can manually add thumbnails/movie information to the directories so whichever device opens kodi would automatically populate that information?
Use a shared MySQL/MariaDB setup... https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Hi mate, i completely missed your response sorry, i have figured it out partially. I literally just created Strm files and added them to library. 

a few more questions,
  • Is there a way to customise the libraries to add more sections to the navigation, for eg, have a seperate 4k section. or is there an addon that would help as i cannot really find options for that.
  • How do i populate media flags without having to play the media first?
  • Best way to clone this setup for local/remote devices? Maybe if i could create a zip file that could be installed in 1 click. 
Thanks mate !
(2020-07-07, 12:37)faycee Wrote:
  • Is there a way to customise the libraries to add more sections to the navigation, for eg, have a seperate 4k section. or is there an addon that would help as i cannot really find options for that.
Custom home items (wiki) - The default skin Estuary does not allow this. Use a different skin

(2020-07-07, 12:37)faycee Wrote: How do i populate media flags without having to play the media first?
Playing won't populate flags in the library, only on the OSD while playing the movie.
You won't ever get media flags for stream files.

(2020-07-07, 12:37)faycee Wrote: [*]Best way to clone this setup for local/remote devices? Maybe if i could create a zip file that could be installed in 1 click. 
Difficult when using different platforms.
My Signature
Just to add, The part of kodi i'd like to clone is basically what you see in settings>media>manage sources>videos
Hi, thanks for the prompt response and thanks for clearing that up. i'm really reluctant to use different themes because i did try the titan bingie skin and auramod yesterday and its very sluggish and kept crashing kodi on my 4k firestick, Bingie more so. Could you recommend a couple?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create movie library with gdrive addon/scrapers/nfo?0