Issue with shield remote, pause/play, and OSD auto hide
OK so this is probably solvable a few different ways, so I'll try and describe my issue, and what I want to have happen, and theorize a few of my solutions. I am running kodi on a shield (2019 tube, if that makes a difference), and using the remote that came with it. My problem is that there's two variants of the OSD. If i press the middle circle button (effectively the enter or select button), it pauses the film and brings up a ton of settings options, subtitle, video info, source, etc etc etc etc. This OSD will never auto-hide for me. I have to click play, and then click the 'back' button to hide the OSD. This is extremely annoying, requiring multiple button settings, and is so annoying to my girlfriend that it's basically unusable for her. The WAF of this single issue makes kodi a no-go. 

There is a dedicated pause/play button on the remote, and when I use that, it will pause, hide OSD after 3 seconds or whatever I've set it to in the skin settings. After playing again, it'll auto hide again. This is the exact function I want for the other button. Obviously, I know that 'just use that button' is an option, but for both of us the muscle memory of literally every other streaming app (netflix, amazon, bravo, etc etc etc) or playback alternative software, (plex, jellyfin, emby) all use the middle circle button to pause, play, and all auto hide the OSD. That means using that button is a no go either.

So I'm wondering if there's some hidden setting that will auto-hide that more detailed OSD that's brought up with the circle/enter button? If that's not possible, is there a way within kodi to re-map the two buttons, so that during playback pressing circle button/enter simply pauses/plays, whereas the actual play/pause button brings up the detailed OSD? My gut tells me this may mess up the regular browsing and scrolling around functionality, but maybe there's a way specifically during playback to reverse the two? 

I've tried using multiple skins to see if this is a skin specific issue, and it persists. I feel like the shield + kodi combo is so common that other people must have encountered this, but I can't find anyone else with this problem.
This function is available, for example, in the Skin Titan-MOD.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2724430

I use see picture:

I hope it helps you.
Yes there are 2 overlays, the Info overlay for info on the playing item and the OSD overlay for access to on screen controls & settings and which will also typically display the same info for the playing item the same as the Info overlay, although that is up to the skin author. So what you are seeing is the OSD overlay and that's due to this keymap for select

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.xml#L196

You can change this to whatever you want with the following addon https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

To apply the change to only when playing video items then the section you need to change is FullscreenVideo and the action you would want to map to select is PlayPause however that will mean you no longer can access the OSD overlay, however many remotes support long press action however I'm not sure if this is the case with the Nvidia remote. So if you think you might need the OSD at some point to could map a long press for select(or any other button) to the OSD action.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with shield remote, pause/play, and OSD auto hide0