No recording options in Kodi
Hi, I've tried searching for an answer but to no avail, I don't have the option to record in Kodi, either directly from the current program or via the guide. The guide shows no options to record or add a timer, from the current program it shows the record icon but does nothing. Am using the default skin (have tried some other random skins). I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

DVBViewer Media Server 2.1.6.1
Kodi Client 3.7.11
Kodi 18.7
Win10 (64)
You are connecting with guest privileges.
(2020-07-08, 10:56)manül Wrote: You are connecting with guest privileges.

Thanks, checked settings and 'read only guest access' in server web settings is not enabled. I triple checked credentials in both Kodi client & server, definately exactly the same but still no luck. Even went back and ran the server wizard again. Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks
(2020-07-08, 15:57)Ricky4001 Wrote:

Thanks, checked settings and 'read only guest access' in server web settings is not enabled. I triple checked credentials in both Kodi client & server, definately exactly the same but still no luck. Even went back and ran the server wizard again. Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks
Have you added/created a path for where the recordings go? from web,  config,recording,digital video recorder profiles
(2020-07-08, 17:44)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 15:57)Ricky4001 Wrote:

Thanks
Have you added/created a path for where the recordings go? from web,  config,recording,digital video recorder profiles

Absolutely, first thing I did. I'll admit this one's got me stumped. Have temporarily switched back over to TV Mosaic to keep the wife happy! DBV Viewer server rock solid though when it comes to startup/shutdown and channel switching is nice and fast,m so really want to get this nutted out if I can, must be something simple for sure.
Hi guys, posting a link to a screenshot of my settings used as still having trouble with being able to record, if anyone can see something I am missing would be truly appreciated.

https://www.screencast.com/t/dKcM7HTzEFU
Try disabling user/pass both in DMS and Kodi. If it still does not work post a debug log.
(2020-07-11, 22:59)manül Wrote: Try disabling user/pass both in DMS and Kodi. If it still does not work post a debug log.

No luck I'm afraid, have tried every combination I can think of, at the moment both client/server have no username/password. If I switch back over to TV Mosaic no problems at all, can record and delete. I believe you're 100% on the money with the guest rights as when I try to delete a recording (done from directly withing DVB Viewer), it throws up the message "PVR is running with guest permissions", only they're not set. Please see log: gurasamizi.kodi (paste)

Cheers, the help is very much appreciated.
SOLVED! I appologise to all who tried to help but I'm an idiot, I had the 'Basic' version of the dvb media server installed rather than the full version. I'd presumed that adding the licence key would simply unlock the full version.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No recording options in Kodi0