Newbie, been looking through posts, still need help setting up.
Hello, 

im actually known as pretty computer savy, however im still a bit confused and uncomfortable with the kodi interface as im unsure of the larger picture till i work with it more. Ultimately im looking for references for beginners, youtube channels, forums etc. good for beginners to watch and see setu.

Have a number of movies scanned onto a hard drive. I want to use kodi as a navigation for those movies. I have looked at alot of skins and like Aeon Tajo best so far. However what i see here and youtube doesnt add up. Like the movie view is a top down single list...yet i see walls on others. I want walls.... Is this an add on or setting?  Also i had a few folders load up, some i want some I dont...when i see the add folders i have a few libraries and a bunch of other files i assume are add ons. Any resources so i can know what these are and how to delete or block some folders from loading.

i also have some movies that loaded up with wrong meta data how do i fix this?

i also saw this and love it....the links shows some links to upload ( i think) is this setup and add on? If so where do i addd?
https://youtu.be/XLiKOPiotH4

to summarize i really want to figure things out, but feel i hit a wall in understanding the vibe or intuitiveness of this software. If there are any youtube channels or groups good for beginners stuff like this i appreciate any direction since these are just a few of the types of questions im looking to answer and sure i will have more as i get i to it.

thank you for your patience and advice, as i search through his forum and whatever i can find for answers.

please forgive me if my language is not up to par yet.
(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: Ultimately im looking for references for beginners, youtube channels, forums etc. good for beginners to watch and see setu.
This forum and the Kodi wiki is your best place for accurate information. The links in My Signature below will be of use. Start off with the Basic Controls page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls

(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: However what i see here and youtube doesnt add up. Like the movie view is a top down single list...yet i see walls on others. I want walls.... Is this an add on or setting?
It is a setting. Use the Left Sideblade Menu which is described in the Basic Controls page

(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: i also saw this and love it....the links shows some links to upload ( i think) is this setup and add on?
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here. What are you referring to here?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Most guides you see will use the default skin, Estuary. Whilst learning how things work I'd stick to this skin, once you become more familiar with Kodi you can then move to other skins & you will find the navigation is much the same. I don't know about videos, most of them are probably pushing piracy builds and VPN's etc & won't be useful, however there is a ton of information in the Kodi wiki which I'd recommend reading through to get you started https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page
(2020-07-08, 10:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: Ultimately im looking for references for beginners, youtube channels, forums etc. good for beginners to watch and see setu.
This forum and the Kodi wiki is your best place for accurate information. The links in My Signature below will be of use. Start off with the Basic Controls page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls
(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: However what i see here and youtube doesnt add up. Like the movie view is a top down single list...yet i see walls on others. I want walls.... Is this an add on or setting?
It is a setting. Use the Left Sideblade Menu which is described in the Basic Controls page
(2020-07-08, 10:42)Jman5150 Wrote: i also saw this and love it....the links shows some links to upload ( i think) is this setup and add on?
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking here. What are you referring to here?
Thanks for the info!

as far as the “i love this” theres a youtube link right under it.

How do i delete post i posted a black by accident. I dont see an edit function.
(2020-07-08, 11:10)Jman5150 Wrote: as far as the “i love this” theres a youtube link right under it.
Yep, I watched the video, but still did not know what you wanted.

Best to take the advice of FXB78, stick with the default skin, then move onto other skins when you know Kodi a bit better.

I have removed the other post. You are still a probationary member so you don't have all your forum privileges yet.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-08, 11:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 11:10)Jman5150 Wrote: as far as the “i love this” theres a youtube link right under it.
Yep, I watched the video, but still did not know what you wanted.

Best to take the advice of FXB78, stick with the default skin, then move onto other skins when you know Kodi a bit better.

I have removed the other post. You are still a probationary member so you don't have all your forum privileges yet.

Cool, thanks youve been very helpful
For your Movie metadata issues, I have found that putting the Year the film was released with the title of the film on your hard drive, then rescanning when you log back in to Kodi. I was having issues with the film Big, it was coming up with a Barbie movie, until I put the year of release after the film.
e.g. Big 1988.mkv
I hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie, been looking through posts, still need help setting up.0