v19 Correct format for M3U file
@phunkyfish
Just wanted to check something with you.
If I wanted to create a m3u file to use with the IPTV client, using the list that can be downloaded from a E2 device, do I need to change anything with the http address? I ran a quick test last night using the below format, which I wanted to use in conjunction with the pseudotv live plugin:-

xml:
#EXTINF:-0 tvg-chno="2" tvg-logo="1_0_1_2404_7F9_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png" tvg-id="282_2_1627" tvg-name="Film4",Film4 group-title="PseudoTV Live;MOVIE Genres,Film4
http://My Ip Address:8001/1:0:1:2404:7F9:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

This format does work, but I found opening the channel was painfully slow (10-15 secs) and was about the same length of time switching between the 2 channels I created. It's been a while since I've used the IPTV Client and noticed there are several new options under the advanced heading in the addon settings, so wasn't sure if I needed to select/change any of them that might speed things up?
Also, when I selected the above channel last night, I got an error saying I needed to install Inputstream FFmpeg Direct addon, but then proceeded to open the channel. Do I now need to install this addon to play these channels types? If so, do I need to select/change any specific options?
I know the last time I tried using my E2 streams with the IPTV client quite a few months ago, channels switches were very quick and I didn't need to install this addon, so I wasn't sure if things had now changed with the Matrix version of the IPTV client, if there was a problem with this client or if the problem was with the Pseudotv Live addon.
The reason I created these channels as opposed to using the E2 addon, I was curious to see if I could get live tv channels and local pseudo tv channels to appear in the same group on the guide screen, which I was able to do, but as I've said opening the channel was very slow, so I might not be able to use in the way I had hoped.
As always, any feedback will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Please disregard the above post. I'm pretty certain what I was trying to achieve is not actually possible, so no further help or assistance required.
Thanks
Inputstream.ffmpegdirect is used for timeshifting live streams.

I also noticed that opening E2 streams was slow but havn’t had the chance to figure out why yet.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-07-10, 23:18)phunkyfish Wrote: I also noticed that opening E2 streams was slow but havn’t had the chance to figure out why yet.
Yeah, I wondered if it was something wrong with my m3u config that was the issue.
I've never had a requirement to run 2 clients at the same time, but having local pseudotv channels in my setup is something that I do find appealing.
This morning, I've enabled the E2 client with the IPTV client and noticed that my E2 channels are also considerably slower to open and switching between channels, although they are quicker than when I tried running the streams through the IPTV client. Is likely to be down to the fact that I'm now running 2 clients?

Couple of other quick questions.
My E2 channel logos show up fine as they did before on Leia, but the Pseudotv Channel logos on the IPTV client are only showing up on the MyPVRChannels screen. On the EPG screen, they are showing up as thumbnail images. I'm presuming this is because the Pseudotv channels have a thumbnail image associated with each item and the E2 channels don't. So thumbnail images take precedence.....Is that right? If so, how can I go about getting the channel logo to appear, if the channel item has an associated thumbnail image, which will always be the case with pseudotv channels? I'm unclear why the Pseudotv channel logo's appear correctly on one PVR screen, but appear as thumbnail on another, when they are both using ListItem.ActualIcon. Surely specifying AcualIcon should mean the TV Channel Icon should be displayed in all instances (Unless a channel icon doesn't exist).

I remember you saying a few months back that I would be able to use my text based genres more fully in Matrix. Would I need to set-up a genre translation file? If so, how would I configure the below as examples:-

Movie - Action
Entertainment - Drama 

Cheers
Running two PVR addons would not effect stream opening times.

On the logos please ask the PseudoTV Dev. @Lunatixz.

For genres the README has examples. I would start there.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Ok, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct format for M3U file0