Local scrapper
Hi,

i m using  "only local info" to get information from files.
And i scrap the files with TinyMediaManager.
It s works fine ; but sometimes Kodi didn't "see" the files.

Then i m using "Missing movies" plugin to see the missing files ; then i m display "informations" and then Kodi see the file.

what can i do to prevent this problem ?

thank you
(2020-07-08, 13:46)Seth77 Wrote: i m using  "only local info" to get information from files.
Don't use Local Information scraper for TV Shows. If you used TVDB scraper in TMM, then set the TVDB scraper in Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-08, 20:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 13:46)Seth77 Wrote: i m using  "only local info" to get information from files.
Don't use Local Information scraper for TV Shows. If you used TVDB scraper in TMM, then set the TVDB scraper in Kodi.
Could you explain why you recommend using TVDB Scraper in that case and not “Local Information only”-Scraper? I too had all my TV-Shows scraped locally with TMM (using TVDB), have created NFOs and was just about to import everything the same way as I did for my movies - which were also imported with Local Information Scraper to use my local NFOs.

Is this approach “safer” based on your experience? I would like to understand why…
(2020-08-15, 15:10)spinmaster Wrote:
(2020-07-08, 20:25)Karellen Wrote:
Could you explain why you recommend using TVDB Scraper in that case and not “Local Information only”-Scraper? I too had all my TV-Shows scraped locally with TMM (using TVDB), have created NFOs and was just about to import everything the same way as I did for my movies - which were also imported with Local Information Scraper to use my local NFOs.

Is this approach “safer” based on your experience? I would like to understand why…
Hi,

i made test. And my conclusion is that the problem is not the scrapper but the number of files to scrap. When i have i litlle number of files there is no problem... but more than 50 i can have this problem.

++
(2020-08-15, 15:10)spinmaster Wrote: Could you explain why you recommend using TVDB Scraper in that case and not “Local Information only”-Scraper?
There is a little bug in Kodi. If your nfo files contain the <episodeguide></episodeguide> tags, then Kodi first tries to check the address that is contained in that tag.
- When the TVDB is the scraper, there is no problem because Kodi can contact the TVDB and check the address, and then continue scanning the nfo files.
- When Local Information Only is active, it stops Kodi from contacting TVDB, so the scanning fails.

For some unknown reason, it does not happen every time. It might scan a few shows, then all of a sudden it refuses to scan anymore.

If you do set TVDB, your NFO files are still scanned so there is no problem there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-15, 21:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-15, 15:10)spinmaster Wrote: Could you explain why you recommend using TVDB Scraper in that case and not “Local Information only”-Scraper?
There is a little bug in Kodi. If your nfo files contain the <episodeguide></episodeguide> tags, then Kodi first tries to check the address that is contained in that tag.
- When the TVDB is the scraper, there is no problem because Kodi can contact the TVDB and check the address, and then continue scanning the nfo files.
- When Local Information Only is active, it stops Kodi from contacting TVDB, so the scanning fails.

For some unknown reason, it does not happen every time. It might scan a few shows, then all of a sudden it refuses to scan anymore.

If you do set TVDB, your NFO files are still scanned so there is no problem there.

Ah ok thx

There is maybe a request limit to this url from public ip (kodi client)
(2020-08-15, 22:54)Seth77 Wrote: There is maybe a request limit to this url from public ip (kodi client)
Possibly, but I am not sure. It's more that Kodi cannot contact the site because your have Local Information Only scraper set, which blocks the internet connection.
My Signature
Hello,

I just got the same weird issue about the "Local information only" scraper.
I've described in details the issue here: https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...153ea8269/

Media Companion author was kind enough to implement a feature to remove episodeguide tag in tvshow.nfo, thanks to an extra option in MC software next version.
However this is a workaround-only and IMHO the bug has to be squashed in Kodi.

To me, the local scrapper should not try to do Internet ( http(s) ) calls then the file does not have an associated nfo (as it's a local-only scrapper...)

Cheers.
(2020-08-15, 21:40)Karellen Wrote:

Hi @Karellen , quick question (as I am about to set up a complete fresh install for a new Kodi build with newly created NFOs): do you know if this "bug" still exists in 19.1? Do you still recommend to use TVDB scraper for a local import to scrape - even if only local NFO information should be used?
LibreELEC 10 | Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH
Intel Core i5-8259U | 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
(2021-08-14, 20:36)spinmaster Wrote: do you know if this "bug" still exists in 19.1?
Yes the bug still exists.

(2021-08-14, 20:36)spinmaster Wrote: Do you still recommend to use TVDB scraper for a local import
Use whichever scraper matches where the metadata in your nfo files came from. If your nfo files used TMDB, then use the TMDB scraper. If you used TVDB use the TVDB scraper.
My Signature
(2021-08-14, 22:09)Karellen Wrote: Yes the bug still exists. Use whichever scraper matches where the metadata in your nfo files came from. If your nfo files used TMDB, then use the TMDB scraper. If you used TVDB use the TVDB scraper.
Noted, thanks for the quick update!
(2021-08-14, 22:30)spinmaster Wrote: Noted, thanks for the quick update!
I should be a bit more precise. (still waking up Smile )
If your nfo file has an <episodeguide> URL tag, the scraper must match the site that tag comes from.
My Signature
(2021-08-14, 22:42)Karellen Wrote: If your nfo file has an <episodeguide> URL tag, the scraper must match the site that tag comes from.

OK - just ran a check if this tag is contained on my NAS tv-show folder in any NFO (I re-created my entire library using tinyMediaManager during the past weeks - with TVDB scraper for tv-shows):
html:

spinmaster@MacBook tv-shows % pwd
/Volumes/media/tv-shows
spinmaster@MacBook tv-shows % grep -ri --include="*.nfo" "episodeguide" *
-> No results, so the tag is not in use. ...does that mean: I should still use the TVDB scraper for the import process or use "local information only"? Huh

Just asking in that detail because I don't want to mess up anything during the whole import process for my new setup.
(2021-08-15, 12:59)spinmaster Wrote: No results, so the tag is not in use. ...does that mean: I should still use the TVDB scraper for the import process or use "local information only"?
It is strange that none of your nfo files contain it but if that is the case, you can use any scraper or local information only
My Signature
(2021-08-15, 21:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-15, 12:59)spinmaster Wrote: No results, so the tag is not in use. ...does that mean: I should still use the TVDB scraper for the import process or use "local information only"?
It is strange that none of your nfo files contain it but if that is the case, you can use any scraper or local information only
Thanks for clarifying: import with "local info only" scraper has just worked flawlessly. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local scrapper0