Bugs aeon14
I'm not sure if we should report all bugs for a specific build in one thread or start up threads for each bug. Here are the bugs i've found so far (and by the way i'm looking into the code now that i understand it better and i will see if i can find the solution myself. I'll post patch files if i can find fixes.) And by the way i'd love to see bugzilla or annother bug tracking system implemented, i'd also like to see more detailed change logs with each build.(i understand its added work but i think you can dump change logs if you start using svn and bugzilla.

Here are the bugs i've found so far:
  1. There is no music home page shortcut setting. (this is a really easy fix so i will have a patch for this tonight)
  2. Aeon doesn't remember what mode i was in after leaving the section. (if i am in library mode and i exit to the main menu, then i return to the same section, it is back in file mode.) I think this one is probably another easy fix so i will try to patch it myself.
  3. This is probably something wierd with the settings so i will try to mess with them, but for some strange reason the tvshows, and the movies sections do not show backgrounds on the home screen only even if i have set background directories for each of them. (i'll let you know if i find a solution)

That's it so far i'll post more as i find them. and by the way the skin looks great so far, keep up the good work.
-D
reset your settings. they are not bugs..
Some bugs I've found

When in Showcase mode, when we select a movie and the infos show up if we press the Start button (the one that shows the OSD) we can see others movies poster. Also, it seems that the OSD is set for a different resolution than 720P (it looks tiny and is not centered on the screen).

Another bug, while listening to Music in Aeon, if we switch to PM3 the song "bounds". And bounds again when we switch back to Aeon.
Ok so i fixed a bunch of stuff and added a few things. And of course i have generated patch files so that this can be integrated. These are the changes i have made:

1. I fixed the comics backgrounds setting. in 1.4 it was actually resetting the adult background settings.
2. I've added a the ability to set Home Shortcuts for a few things that were missing(music, music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
3. I've added the ability to enable some Home shortcuts that were missing (music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
4. I've added the actual home shortcuts that were missing, (music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
5. I've added the background settings for all of the new, and missing sections
6. I've added background settings for the login page.
7. I've fixed the backgrounds on the settings pages (when you actually bring up a settings page (such as aeon, or screen)) (Currently they only display images if you have a single background set, but not if a background directory is set)

I think that's everything, I have two patches linked below. I had to do two because with the new home shortcuts (which were much longer) i had to widen the home screen buttons or i had to reduce the font size. Personally i prefer the smaller text (the wider button decreases the amount of shortcuts visible.)

Patches

I hope this helps.
darkmadda Wrote:Ok so i fixed a bunch of stuff and added a few things. And of course i have generated patch files so that this can be integrated. These are the changes i have made:

1. I fixed the comics backgrounds setting. in 1.4 it was actually resetting the adult background settings.
2. I've added a the ability to set Home Shortcuts for a few things that were missing(music, music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
3. I've added the ability to enable some Home shortcuts that were missing (music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
4. I've added the actual home shortcuts that were missing, (music videos, game trailers, movie trailers, etc)
5. I've added the background settings for all of the new, and missing sections
6. I've added background settings for the login page.
7. I've fixed the backgrounds on the settings pages (when you actually bring up a settings page (such as aeon, or screen)) (Currently they only display images if you have a single background set, but not if a background directory is set)

I think that's everything, I have two patches linked below. I had to do two because with the new home shortcuts (which were much longer) i had to widen the home screen buttons or i had to reduce the font size. Personally i prefer the smaller text (the wider button decreases the amount of shortcuts visible.)

[url=]Patches[/url]

I hope this helps.

Ok i have a new patch file that fixes a few things that were wrong with my previous patch (no new features just fixing things that i did wrong. such as the non working music videos section which now works) please don't use the patch above use this one instead.

New Patches
darkmadda Wrote:Ok i have a new patch file that fixes a few things that were wrong with my previous patch (no new features just fixing things that i did wrong. such as the non working music videos section which now works) please don't use the patch above use this one instead.

New Patches

How do I add patches in Windows?
I got a problem with no custom background for CLIPS. Will your patch help me?

/Söder
Yes it should fix that. to apply patches you can use gnu patch for windows, and i'm sure there are other gui based patch systems (possibly winmerge) but just search for applying patches(.patch) in windows. If you are still unable to figure it out let me know and i'll write a little tutorial
-D
darkmadda Wrote:Yes it should fix that. to apply patches you can use gnu patch for windows, and i'm sure there are other gui based patch systems (possibly winmerge) but just search for applying patches(.patch) in windows. If you are still unable to figure it out let me know and i'll write a little tutorial
-D

You can please go in with the tutorial. =) I downloaded WinMerge, and googled for what you said, and read about it.
http://drupal.org/node/60179

But I dont realy understand what to do? Shall I compare two files?
/Söder
Ok here is what you do.
  1. Winmerge will not work (i read the faq and it looks like it can create patch files just not apply them) So you will need patch from the GNUWin32 project you can find it here
  2. After installing patch open you will need a fresh copy of aeon14. Extract it anywhere you want. just remember where you put it.
  3. Now open a command prompt switch to the directory where you put the aeon skin. Make sure you patch files are in the directory and that the skin directory is called Aeon (the patch looks for the Aeon directory). You directory should contain:
    aeon1.4.large.patch
    aeon1.4.small.patch
    Aeon (the folder containg the extracted skin)
  4. use the following command to patch the Aeon directory
    Code:
    "c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\patch.exe" -p0 < aeon1.4.small.patch
    or for the large text use this one.
    Code:
    "c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\patch.exe" -p0 < aeon1.4.large.patch

5. Now your Aeon directory is ready to be transfered into the skin directory for xbmc. Your done.

Please use the following link to get the latest versions of the patch (the old ones were broken.
If you want to avoid the patching altogether you can use these links (i did all of the patching and i even included aeon1.4 lite (optimized for xbox) as a theme that you can select from the skin selection screen (screen settings)
Aeon 1.4 patched (lite theme included) Large Font
Aeon 1.4 patched (lite theme included) Small Font

I hope that explains things well. And that it helps other people out.
-D
darkmadda Wrote:Ok here is what you do.
  1. Winmerge will not work (i read the faq and it looks like it can create patch files just not apply them) So you will need patch from the GNUWin32 project you can find it here
  2. After installing patch open you will need a fresh copy of aeon14. Extract it anywhere you want. just remember where you put it.
  3. Now open a command prompt switch to the directory where you put the aeon skin. Make sure you patch files are in the directory and that the skin directory is called Aeon (the patch looks for the Aeon directory). You directory should contain:
    aeon1.4.large.patch
    aeon1.4.small.patch
    Aeon (the folder containg the extracted skin)
  4. use the following command to patch the Aeon directory
    Code:
    "c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\patch.exe" -p0 < aeon1.4.small.patch
    or for the large text use this one.
    Code:
    "c:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\patch.exe" -p0 < aeon1.4.large.patch

5. Now your Aeon directory is ready to be transfered into the skin directory for xbmc. Your done.

Please use the following link to get the latest versions of the patch (the old ones were broken.
If you want to avoid the patching altogether you can use these links (i did all of the patching and i even included aeon1.4 lite (optimized for xbox) as a theme that you can select from the skin selection screen (screen settings)
Aeon 1.4 patched (lite theme included) Large Font
Aeon 1.4 patched (lite theme included) Small Font

I hope that explains things well. And that it helps other people out.
-D

OK, thanks. The patch created a dir called Aeon1.3 in my dir, and my Aeon is still there. Which to use?

/Söder
Follow the instructions from my last post exactly and make sure you download the patch from my last post
darkmadda Wrote:Please use the following link to get the latest versions of the patch (the old ones were broken.
When you do it right it will tell you what files you patched and it should say something like

patched ./Aeon/720p/Backgrounds.xml

when its done you should have a patched Aeon directory. Use that directory as you finished skin. And don't forget if you want you can just download the prepatched skins that were mentioned in my previous post.

-D
soder Wrote:OK, thanks. The patch created a dir called Aeon1.3 in my dir, and my Aeon is still there. Which to use?

/Söder

I used the Aeon1.3, and now I see trailers, Music Videos and Game trailers in my main menu.

But I still get no backdrop at my CLIPS...
This things the patch did, will it be in the next version of Aeon, or is it just what youself edited?

/Söder
Why not ask Duncan to integrate the fixes into his next version?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
darkmadda Wrote:Follow the instructions from my last post exactly and make sure you download the patch from my last post
When you do it right it will tell you what files you patched and it should say something like

patched ./Aeon/720p/Backgrounds.xml

when its done you should have a patched Aeon directory. Use that directory as you finished skin. And don't forget if you want you can just download the prepatched skins that were mentioned in my previous post.

-D

OK, I didnt use the patch you linked to, bacause I thought I already had the second version..but now I got it right I think.
But still no background for my CLIPS...

/Söder
The Aeon1.3 directory is created by the older patch which has some bugs. i would recommend doing the patch again (following the instructions above) as for the bug with the clips backgrounds not showing up this is likely a settings issue. i would recommend resetting all settings (and possibly removing all of the references to Aeon in the guisettings.xml file in the userdata directory of xbmc.
-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs aeon140