RSS Feed scrolling slows when PM3 images transition?
Is there any way to adjust the process priority of the RSS feed scrolling in PM3? Any time it transitions the background images, the RSS scroll becomes "jerky". As soon as the transition finishes than it returns to normal scrolling speed. As far back as I can remember, it has always been behaving this way, I don't remember for sure but it my have done this on the original Xbox. I did a search and really didn't find much out about this. I am using an intel x3500 chipset motherboard and Hardy. Are people with Nvidia and ATI experiencing the same thing? I am running an E8400 and have plenty of power to view Bluray rips with no lost frames, so I don't think it's a horsepower issue.
I5 Haswell NUC | DS1812 | ServerWMC
It does this because the RSS scrolls based on time and the FPS drops during the transition. So the text may move more pixels in a frame than intended.
Indeed - it has to allocate a texture - if this takes longer than a frame then yes it will obviously pause all rendering for a frame or two. The scrolling will thus have to increase speed slightly to compensate.

It uses am exponential moving average to do it's job - perhaps it needs tweaking a little. See guilib/GUIFont.cpp if you want to play around with it. I suggest possibly specifying a maximal scrollspeed to return, and possibly tweaking the alpha value of the EMA so that it better holds track.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'll take a stab at it, although I will be the first to admit I'm no code ninja. Thanks for the insight.
I5 Haswell NUC | DS1812 | ServerWMC
I've actually just updated it, but feel free to fine tune it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS Feed scrolling slows when PM3 images transition?0