• 4(current)
v19 D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)
(2020-07-19, 12:06)jogal Wrote: I think everything is perfect for NVIDIA now.

I also have tested with GPU scheduling activated and the issues seems are gone at least with 451.77 driver.

Now there is still one step left: I need someone with AMD or Ryzen to check that everything is still working fine after the last few changes.

Maybe @ichkriegediekri @demoncamber  @kalima 

Thanks!

Hey, im back。 
i'd like to know, new version  can not use old skin?  such as Aeon MQ 8 ? the hint told me "incompatible withthe current version"

How can i use those skin?  can you tell me . thx a lot

谢谢!
Authors of the skin needs to update it for Kodi v19....   maybe MQ 9 but I don't know what the current state is.
(2020-07-19, 12:58)pklinqi Wrote:

I also have tested with GPU scheduling activated and the issues seems are gone at least with 451.77 driver.

Now there is still one step left: I need someone with AMD or Ryzen to check that everything is still working fine after the last few changes.

Thanks!

Hey, im back。 
i'd like to know, new version  can not use old skin?  such as Aeon MQ 8 ? the hint told me "incompatible withthe current version"

How can i use those skin?  can you tell me . thx a lot

谢谢!
@pklinqi 

Go to the skin's installation folder, and edit "addon.xml" and change the following line: "<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0" />"

FOR

"<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0" />"

Thanks!

Hi Jogal, it’s not any fault to 4.0.3. 
4.0.3 is perfect. 

Just between alt tab switching between windows desktop & Kodi.
Sometimes i will use alt tab to switch between Kodi and windows desktop.
For 4.0.3, last night i observed that when we switched to desktop, the screen will blink every 1s continuously.
Some V19 versions are don’t exhibit this and some do.

Thanks!
Have been testing your builds with an RTX 2060 for the last few days and watched quite a lot of content, including 4K HDR. Tested a lot with your latest 4.0.3 build. I can only agree with you: it's perfect. Have not noticed any stutters or any other anomalies whatsoever.

edit: Watched more 4K HDR content today and sadly I do still get occasional stutters. It doesn't happen all the time and not always at the same spots. When I noticed a stutter I tried skipping back 10 seconds and play that bit again, and then it would play smoothly. It seems very random. This happens also with DXVA2 disabled. Maybe it's some buffering issue? I have no idea, I guess it could be anything. Just thought I'd share the info.
@jogal Thanks for this new version, it is now playing 4K HDR videos without tearing and stuttering.
Configuration:
Core-i5 skylake quadcore
nVidia GT1030 - 451.67
Win10 2004

Hope to see your changes integrated into Kodi Matrix Nightlies soon.
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64

Thanks!
I'll try to test over the weekend.
I use the new build on my Ryzen 2200G, all fine until now.
Thanks all for test it and feedback.

PR is on the way...   Wink
@jogal I saw your discussion with @afedchin on XBox-specifics in your PR. I've been running Kodi on my XBox One X for some months, but ran into several issues: E.g. I had to deactivate hardware acceleration (DXVA2) to get rid of stuttering and green screens. Also, activating "Adjusting display refresh rate" lead to video stutter and delays in starting videos, so I had to keep it off. Do you think that your changes might realistically fix those issues?

I would have just tried, but I'm not aware of any options to install test builds on an XBox unfortunately...
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
It is possible that it solves one part (the related to DXVA by the number of decoding buffers) but I do not guarantee anything.

With previous code for Xbox:

Buffers = 8 + 1 (due ffmpeg "bug") + CPU Cores / 2
(I do not know how many cores Xbox has)

Now:
8 + 8 = 16 in any case.

The number of buffers was perhaps too small for HEVC streams with 3 or 4 refs frames.

I can make a build for UWP tomorrow or weekend assuming it's the same type as for Windows 10 store app but I have no idea how the Kodi installation is done on Xbox.
OK, I couldn't resist and gave it a try

DX11 build:
I did not notice any stuttering - and neither did I on the current nightly without DX11 enhancements.

What I noticed:
DXVA2 is broken again in the DX11 and regular nightlies for my GPU - the picture is completely washed out.
Windows is 1903, I also tried another driver from AMD, didn't help.

DXVA2 worked fine a long time ago in the build from Mai 9th - I checked this.
However I didn't have the time to try all nightlies since then....
As for the stutter issues other users experience:
Did they play from network storage or local storage?
(2020-07-23, 23:26)ichkriegediekri Wrote: As for the stutter issues other users experience:
Did they play from network storage or local storage?
Played from local storage. 
Am nvidia GTX1650. 
For my stuttering experience, it is caused by compatibility of GPU driver version & Kodi V19 builds.
Resolved with 4.0.3.
Phew...

Testing HDR is really tedious - Fullscreen vs Windows, rendering options....argh!

For this test build I can says I did not experience any stuttering during playback. I had however intermittent issues when I use "windowed fullscreen".

I can only further confirm that in the last 2 months rendering options have changed and don't work as well in this test build and the regular nightlies:
  • With the build from Mai 9th it doesn't matter if I choose pixelshader or auto or DXVA2 - everything just looks correct.
  • With the current builds it only look correct when set to rendering to "auto" and DXVA2 to disabled - if I manually use pixelshader everything is too bright, software everything is black - pretty weird
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)0