• 7(current)
v19 D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)
(2020-07-29, 10:31)jogal Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 23:39)snyft Wrote: 1060 dual monitor goes crazy with this and main Matrix HDR version.
Thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356098

(2020-07-29, 07:38)snyft Wrote: My tv is 4k but my cables can't handle 4k so i run it in 1080p. I have white listed only 1080p resolutions and 720p. 

What? This is 4K HDR only test thread!!!!!!!

Well I just got my cables and am now in 4K with the exact same issue.
Not even playing an file, just having kodi running.
(2020-07-20, 01:50)Waterbottle23 Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 12:06)jogal Wrote: I think everything is perfect for NVIDIA now.

I also have tested with GPU scheduling activated and the issues seems are gone at least with 451.77 driver.

Now there is still one step left: I need someone with AMD or Ryzen to check that everything is still working fine after the last few changes.

Maybe @ichkriegediekri @demoncamber  @kalima 

Thanks!

Hi Jogal, it’s not any fault to 4.0.3. 
4.0.3 is perfect. 

Just between alt tab switching between windows desktop & Kodi.
Sometimes i will use alt tab to switch between Kodi and windows desktop.
For 4.0.3, last night i observed that when we switched to desktop, the screen will blink every 1s continuously.
Some V19 versions are don’t exhibit this and some do.
Did you find a solution to this?
Step by step:  try first without AVR and strange things as "EDID Override"

I would even tell you with a single display to start.
(2020-07-29, 17:50)jogal Wrote: Step by step:  try first without AVR and strange things as "EDID Override"

I would even tell you with a single display to start.
Well i have now tested 4k HDR and sure it works really well. My issue is with Kodi causing my other monitor flickering when i put anything in fullscreen on that monitor.
It works fine with Nightlies from before the HDR merge.
(2020-07-29, 19:13)snyft Wrote: It works fine with Nightlies from before the HDR merge

I find it hard to believe that because it is made in such a way that if you don't play HDR content OR you don't have HDR capable hardware it works the same as before (because same code path is executed).

Did you already have 4K TV when you tried previous nightlies?
Same NVIDIA drivers installed when you tried previous nightlies?
Same HDMI cables?
Same Windows build 2004?
(2020-07-29, 19:13)snyft Wrote: when i put anything in fullscreen on that monitor.

I don't know if I understand it correctly:

While using Kodi on TV, do you need to put something full screen on the other monitor?  Game?  another player?
(2020-07-29, 20:28)jogal Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 19:13)snyft Wrote: It works fine with Nightlies from before the HDR merge

I find it hard to believe that because it is made in such a way that if you don't play HDR content OR you don't have HDR capable hardware it works the same as before (because same code path is executed).

Did you already have 4K TV when you tried previous nightlies?
Same NVIDIA drivers installed when you tried previous nightlies?
Same HDMI cables?
Same Windows build 2004?

Same 4k TV.
Same drivers.
Same cables.
Same windows build 2004.
I mean i tried with my old cables first but now that I have my new ones I have retried it and installed different versions.
(2020-07-29, 20:32)jogal Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 19:13)snyft Wrote: when i put anything in fullscreen on that monitor.

I don't know if I understand it correctly:

While using Kodi on TV, do you need to put something full screen on the other monitor?  Game?  another player?
While having Kodi on TV, doing nothing, scanning library or just playing screensaver, i go to other monitor and put Chrome(anything fullscreen even a windows explorer window) on fullscreen and monitor bugs out. TV goes black.
(2020-07-29, 15:11)snyft Wrote:
(2020-07-20, 01:50)Waterbottle23 Wrote:
(2020-07-19, 12:06)jogal Wrote: I think everything is perfect for NVIDIA now.

I also have tested with GPU scheduling activated and the issues seems are gone at least with 451.77 driver.

Now there is still one step left: I need someone with AMD or Ryzen to check that everything is still working fine after the last few changes.

Maybe @ichkriegediekri @demoncamber  @kalima 

Thanks!

Hi Jogal, it’s not any fault to 4.0.3. 
4.0.3 is perfect. 

Just between alt tab switching between windows desktop & Kodi.
Sometimes i will use alt tab to switch between Kodi and windows desktop.
For 4.0.3, last night i observed that when we switched to desktop, the screen will blink every 1s continuously.
Some V19 versions are don’t exhibit this and some do.
Did you find a solution to this?

Hi, I just live with it. It’s not perfect, and not a big issue to me.
I use alt Tab when i delete movies from my drives and I go back into Kodi to remove them. 
Clean library doesn’t seem to work for me. 
But i can live with these imperfections. 
Most importantly, the HDR video colors must be accurately produced.
v4.1.0
Updated at 01-08-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Workaround for multiple monitors on Windows 10 2004 (flickers other screen)
Updated with latest master branch commits.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases
Hi, so over a week late after Windows May update screwed up my HTPC here are my findings:

System:
AMD 2200G
Windows 10 1903
AMD driver: 20.4.2
GPU settings: RGB full, KOdi RGB full

Fullscreen window:
DXVA – DXVA2 –  variant picture brightness, too dark or too bright but never accurate - easily to recognize as faulty
DXVA – FFMPEG - always too bright - easily to recognize as faulty
PS – DXVA2 –  colors are perfect and match the original source
PS – FF –  visual impression is good but is does not match the source as the picture is slightly brighter - impossible to spot without direct comparison

Real fullscreen:
DXVA  – DXVA2 – always way too bright
DXVA – FFMPEG – always way too bright
PS – DXVA2 – always way too bright
PS – FF – always way too bright

I did run every setting at least 3 times to ensure consistency. I also checked on my TV if it was switching to BT2020 and that was always the case.

The bottom line for me here is that HDR:
- On my 2200G it does not work with real fullscreen
- it is in general still buggy

I only have one setting which produces correct colors and even with this setting (fullscreen window with PS and DXVA2) I sometimes have to start the HDR title twice as the picture is overly bright sometimes.
Hopefully when v19 goes final and more people start using HDR it will get better.
Also tested version 4.1.0.

Hardware: Nvidia GTX 950 (driver 451.67 / RGB 8bit full)  + Marantz AVR SR7010 + LG OLED65C7V
Software: Windows 10 Pro x64 - latest insider preview build 20180 + kodi 19 test D3D11 and DXVA build 4.1.0

Test:  PVR UHD / 4K promo test channels on satellite
1. Astra UHD Demo - 11778 Mhz - Astra 23.5°E
2. UHD1 by ASTRA / HD+ - 10994 Mhz - Astra 19.2°E
3. SES UHD Demo Channel - 10994 Mhz - Astra 19.2°E
4. Nasa TV UHD - 10723 Mhz - Hotbird 13.0°E

Kodi settings:
- system - screen: screen option - Generic PnP monitor #2
- system - screen: modus option - fullscreen
- system - screen:"use fullscreen window" - OFF  (when switching to ON, the Windows taskbar is showing below)
- system - screen: "delay after change refresh frequency" - 2 seconds
- system - screen: "use limited color range" - OFF
- player - video: render modus = DVXA + DVXA hardware acceleration = ON

Result:
Video is extremely fluent. Both horizontal and vertical camera movements are smooth. More than ever! No visual stuttering anymore. A huge difference in comparison with the latest official Kodi 19 nightly build for Windows x64. In the official build stuttering appears in my setup about each 10 seconds. 
About channels 2 and 3 in the list above, which are transmitting in HLG HDR (not HDR 10) , the HDR metadata is detected in one or another way . But TV switches to HDR 10 and not to HLG as my LG TV is showing on screen in OSD. Normally my LG TV is showing HLG if it receives HDR HLG. Maybe KODI or my Marantz AVR does some converting from HDR HLG to HDR 10? LG screen properties tell me BT2020 is received. Switching between SDR and HDR and otherwise is performed automatically. All good. It can take some seconds sometimes. Between switching from one to another channel a "green frame" is visible for about 1 second. Maybe this is the intention.
Both channels in SDR and HDR are presenting an image as it should be. Color and dynamic range are as expected for SDR and HDR. Can't detect some kind of deviation.
Is this using the Matrix commits/updates up till August 01?
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030
Driver: 451.85 DCH

Kodi freezes on video start about 2/3 of the time, as in the session logged here: dibageyuxo.kodi (paste)
(2020-08-06, 20:10)skowski Wrote: Kodi freezes on video start about 2/3 of the time

Could be due to insufficient video memory. Can you post a capture of graphics adaptor properties?   

e.g.:

I found that systems with < 3000 MB crash due insufficient video memory e.g. systems with 4 GB of ram without or low dedicated video memory.

Windows allows to use 1/2 of system RAM as shared video memory but in 4 GB systems this is insufficient. Same systems with 8 GB RAM installed are OK because 1/2 is 4000 MB
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)0