• 9(current)
v19 D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)
(2020-08-07, 21:03)jogal Wrote: v4.2.0
Updated at 07-08-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Compiled with Visual Studio 2019.
DXVA2 check if video memory available is sufficient for 4K decoding.
Removed workaround for multiple monitors since Microsoft has fixed in KB4568831 (OS Build 19041.423)
Updated with latest master branch commits.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases
Hi Jogal, I’m using v4.0.3 & working fine.
For v4.2.0, I’ve looked at the changelog in the github. It seems like it’s for multiple monitors and memory issue for 4k.
I would assume that if 4.0.3 is working fine, & i don’t need to upgrade to v4.2.0?
Thanks.
(2020-08-10, 23:22)skowski Wrote: Spoke too soon. After clean install Kodi still crashes while changing the monitor refresh rate: uticahatum.kodi (paste)

Well, you are using Windows Insider Dev. Channel  (10.0.20185.1000​)​​​​​​

This is neither good nor bad but it does mean that you should analyze a little more on your own what is happening (crash always, when some settings is enabled, etc). All I can see is that the crash occurs before opening DXVA2:  Message "creating discrete d3d11va device for decoding." does not appear in your log. The crash is unrelated to DXVA2 or HEVC decoding or HDR switching....

If you don't want complications and you just want it to work, I recommend that you use the stable branch of Windows 10 (10.0.19041.423)
(2020-08-11, 01:46)Waterbottle23 Wrote: I would assume that if 4.0.3 is working fine, & i don’t need to upgrade to v4.2.0?

It is right. You can safely wait for the code to be merged into the alpha-2.
(2020-08-11, 11:17)jogal Wrote:
(2020-08-10, 23:22)skowski Wrote: Spoke too soon. After clean install Kodi still crashes while changing the monitor refresh rate: uticahatum.kodi (paste)

Well, you are using Windows Insider Dev. Channel  (10.0.20185.1000​)​​​​​​

This is neither good nor bad but it does mean that you should analyze a little more on your own what is happening (crash always, when some settings is enabled, etc). All I can see is that the crash occurs before opening DXVA2:  Message "creating discrete d3d11va device for decoding." does not appear in your log. The crash is unrelated to DXVA2 or HEVC decoding or HDR switching....

If you don't want complications and you just want it to work, I recommend that you use the stable branch of Windows 10 (10.0.19041.423)

I only installed the dev build just recently to see if it made any difference with the driver issues I was having, as suggested in another thread. Prior to that I was using the main stable branch of Windows and Kodi was crashing on that too.
(2020-08-13, 16:28)skowski Wrote: Prior to that I was using the main stable branch of Windows and Kodi was crashing on that too.

Are you completely sure?

Your past logs say a different thing:

(2020-08-09, 01:36)skowski Wrote: Kodi still crashes on playback as of v4.2.0: adiqumavek.kodi (paste)

2020-08-08 19:22:42.961 T:5164 INFO <general>: Running on Windows 10 2004, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.19042.423

19041 => is Current May 2020 Update (2004)   now 19041.450 with yesterday updates
19042 => is Beta channel  (20H2)
20185 => is Dev channel  (21H1)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10...on_history

Possibly the problem you have has nothing to do with it but do not provide false information.
@jogal,

I have been running your HDR releases since December last year and LOVE the work you are doing.

One problem I have had the whole time is related to the "Use Full Screen Window" option. I *always* have this enabled. If I disable it, when I play a video the display goes into what looks like window mode on the screen instead of filling the whole screen. It's like the refresh rate sync step gets missed. If I have it enabled, then the TV refresh rate updates as expected and everything plays accordingly.

This wasn't ever a problem in the past, I just left it enabled, but I have recently started using the Simple IPTV PVR client and the screen refreshes are becoming weird. I can provide more detail if needed, but basically I would really like to be able to Disable the "window" mode as per your recommended configuration.

I rambled a bit here. I hope my question is clear. I can provide any additional details or screenshots that you might need.

Thanks,
Shoppedude
(2020-08-13, 17:09)jogal Wrote: Possibly the problem you have has nothing to do with it but do not provide false information.

I am not providing false information. It is a longstanding bug. I have been troubleshooting this for some time now, and have had the same problem across the previous Windows release, the May release, the beta channel build, and now the dev channel; across every release of this fork from 3.7.1 to 4.2.0; and on every Nvidia driver (the last four, I think) released over that same time period. The freezing predates the other issue I first reported in this post. You can see that one user suggested trying the beta or dev Windows Update channels -- in fact, I held off on trying that until I'd exhausted all other suggestions.

And yes, I am quite sure.

I can live with the workarounds I've come up with. I'm only providing logs and bug reports now to contribute to the community and facilitate development, but I'd appreciate it if you asked for clarification about any ambiguities in the feedback I've provided instead of making assumptions and insulting my intelligence.
@skowski :

Thanks for providing the logs. They will be taken into account especially if more cases arise with the same problem.

At this time, Kodi logs running on Windows insider Developer Channel are not useful to me, but all the information is appreciated.
@shoppedude :

Enable debug mode in Settings > System Settings> Logging. Then exit Kodi and open it again (to capture the full debug log) and try to reproduce the issue so it's logged.

Upload also, if possible, a screenshot or photo of the TV to see exactly the problem. I'm not sure I understand if the entire Kodi interface is seen in a small window or only the video window is smaller that rest.

Use the " " button on the forum to upload the screenshot.
In any case, I just installed the most recent Nvidia driver update (v452.06) and both the crashing and distorted picture issues appear to be resolved.
Are we to just download the nightly builds from Kodi website from now on and as this has been fully intergrated?
(2020-09-04, 12:21)kikassridec2 Wrote: Are we to just download the nightly builds from Kodi website from now on and as this has been fully intergrated?

Yes, all is merged at 4.2.0 state (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18195 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18284

plus  https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18316 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18270

(so current nightlies are more up to date that v4.2.0)
Does the HDR functionality that has been rolled into 19 require Windows 10 or will it work with 8.1?
(2020-08-17, 18:24)jogal Wrote: @shoppedude :

Enable debug mode in Settings > System Settings> Logging. Then exit Kodi and open it again (to capture the full debug log) and try to reproduce the issue so it's logged.

Upload also, if possible, a screenshot or photo of the TV to see exactly the problem. I'm not sure I understand if the entire Kodi interface is seen in a small window or only the video window is smaller that rest.

Use the " " button on the forum to upload the screenshot.

@jogal,

My apologies for taking so long to get back. The debug log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/farasalebi.kodi and the screenshot is here: https://bit.ly/3hcSVHP

The only "fix" for this is to set "Use fullscreen window" to "On". With that setting, no issues, but that is contrary to your recommended settings.

Thanks,
Shoppedude
@shoppedude:

I see that you are using a custom skin and various addons. Try a portable installation to be sure that what happens has nothing to do with customizations or addons. Apart from this I do not see any significant errors in the log.

Code:
load skin from: C:\Users\Stephanie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\ (version: 7.9.6)

@Eureka :  Windows 10 is required for HDR.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D3D11 and DXVA updates - Beta test builds (merged)0