Android Working with Nvidia Shield TV
I don't know if this is the right forum. Just kick me out if it isn't. I just bought the Nvidia Shield TV (not Pro). It's very powerful etc. but I don't seem to be able to control Kodi with the remote. I can search and watch but can't access the menu for save, information etc. Any ideas?
Thread moved to Android support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The Shield remote isn't the best for Kodi because of the limited number of buttons.  You can install the "Keymap editor" add-on to try and customise a little but the best solution I've found is to use my Harmony 650 remote and a FLIRC.
Depends on which particular remote was provided with your Shield TV ... if it was the one with 'just' the 'OK+ring', 2 buttons and the voice one then you need to long press the OK button (the big one inside the 'ring') to invoke the info menu (could be dependent on which skin you use ... not entirely sure).
If you have the brand new one ('OK+ring', 10 buttons plus dedicated Netflix one) the info/options menu button is there ...
I personally bought a cheap Amazon Fire TC stick remote which works and has a dedicated info/option button ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working with Nvidia Shield TV0