Problem accessing TV Directories (Seasons) on Roku Media Player (DLNA)
I am new to KODI.  I am looking to upgrade a media server I have built into my wireless access point which is limited in features.

I am having an issue accessing TV episodes that are in directories as below.  The player simply waits forever to get the season episode list.  Movies play fine.  Because of that, I presume the issue is associated with the directory structure of my TV Show library, which I prefer not to change.  As I read the WIKI on this subject, season directories are permitted/ignored by KODI.  The TV Episodes do show up in the KODI server.  The problem is on the ROKU DLNA Client attempting to access on the KODI server.

Directory Structure:
  Videos
    Movies
       myMovie1 (YYYY).mp4
       myMovie2 (YYYY).mp4
    TV Shows
       ShowName1
         Season_1
            S01E01 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4
            S01E02 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4
         Season_2
            S02E01 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4
            S02E02 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4

Environment..
1. Version of Kodi: 18.7-Leia-x64
2. Windows Version: 10 home
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel i7 64 bit
4. RAM amount: 12 GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem
  1. Start Kodi on Windows 10 "Server" with DLNA enabled
  2. Start the Roku Media player app
  3. Select the KODI server
  4. Navigate to TV Shows -> Titles -> Showname -> Season_1 ->
  5. At this point, it should list the episodes, but instead a revolving arrow indicates it is awaiting a response from the server.
  I have a log of this activity but see nothing to note.  I can post to the forum if needed

6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem
    Roku Streaming Stick + 3810x
    release 9.3.0 build 4172-50
    Roku Media Player 5.1b3
Your movie and tv show setup looks correct.

IIRC, Roku uses proprietary software. Kodi cannot diagnose issues you are having with Roku. It's best to ask on the Roku forums.

You should post the log to Kodi Paste Site and maybe someone might notice what the issue is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-13, 22:38)Karellen Wrote: Your movie and tv show setup looks correct.

IIRC, Roku uses proprietary software. Kodi cannot diagnose issues you are having with Roku. It's best to ask on the Roku forums.

You should post the log to Kodi Paste Site and maybe someone might notice what the issue is.
Thank you Karellen, I have posted the log, and will also create a post in a ROKU forum.  If I have any success there, I will post it here.  It is hard to believe there are not KODI users out there with ROKU clients who would be able to help.

As a test, I moved files from one TV Series to the Series name level, but that did not change the result.  IE
    TV Shows
       ShowName1
          S01E01 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4
          S01E02 MyTVEpisodeName.mp4
(2020-07-14, 00:59)eDerz Wrote: It is hard to believe there are not KODI users out there with ROKU clients who would be able to help.
There most likely are ROKU users out there, but they are the ones that need to see your post and offer assistance. The Developers and Team members of Kodi are unable to help in this situation as none of us use ROKU.

Of course your post will remain open for anyone that can help. Posting your solution if/when you find one will be great Smile

You did not post the link to your Debug Log, which means it has been lost in the vastness of the internet. When you upload your log, you then need to copy the address in the address bar and post it in your post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-14, 02:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-14, 00:59)eDerz Wrote: It is hard to believe there are not KODI users out there with ROKU clients who would be able to help.
There most likely are ROKU users out there, but they are the ones that need to see your post and offer assistance. The Developers and Team members of Kodi are unable to help in this situation as none of us use ROKU.

Of course your post will remain open for anyone that can help. Posting your solution if/when you find one will be great Smile

You did not post the link to your Debug Log, which means it has been lost in the vastness of the internet. When you upload your log, you then need to copy the address in the address bar and post it in your post.
Thank you Karellen,

Thank you for pointing out how to correctly post logs.  Mine is at https://paste.kodi.tv/kepaboweji.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem accessing TV Directories (Seasons) on Roku Media Player (DLNA)0