Wake on Lan Issue
Having a problem getting Wake on Lan to work, and I'm hoping someone can clarify for me what Kodi's expected behavior is regarding WOL.

Here's the deal. Currently when I LAUNCH Kodi, it wakes up my NAS as I want it to. The problem is, I set Kodi to suspend on a timer, as it's being used in an "appliance style" for my HTPC. And upon waking up, when I go to play a file, it doesn't show the same "waking on lan" message with the progress bar. instead, it simply hangs for about 60 seconds, and my NAS never wakes up. I'm confident the issue isn't with my NAS or network, as Kodi is clearly capable of waking it up, just not on playback or wake from sleep.

Is this expected behavior, or have I run into a bug/configuration issue? My HTPC system is using the last stable 32bit Krypton release from the DSplayer fork, but I get the same behavior/issue when using V18.7 Leia from my Mac.

If logs would be helpful I can grab them from my machine later today.
(2020-07-13, 19:30)filmgeek47 Wrote: Is this expected behavior
I believe so, the magic packet is sent but once on start if you have that setting under 'power' try to wake lan. Putting Kodi in sleep mode, the revival of the software will not send the wake cookie but from the looks of this Add-on:Advanced Wake On Lan (wiki) There is also a setting that will also send a wake-up signal, if XBMC comes out from standby/sleep/suspend.
Normally it should kick in also after resume, ref also this conversation for something that perhaps could be close to your problem(?) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1783405
Logs should be very helpful and show what is going on, yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake on Lan Issue0