Carriage Return
Hi everybody,

For my resume I take data from TMDB.

I've spot a problem when there is a Carriage Return in the resume.

Example : Mylène Farmer: Mylenium Tour (2000) (French Version)
On the Website there is some carriage return :
Synopsis
'1. Mylenim'
"2. L'Amour nassant"
'3. L'âme-stram-gram'
4. Beyond my controlR
5. Rêver

But on kodi, Carriage return were replace by the code  :
Synopsis
'1. Mylenim'\r "2. L'Amour nassant"\r '3. L'âme-stram-gram'\r 4. Beyond my controlR\r 5. Rêver ….

Did you know if there is a solution to avoid that?

Best Regards.
@Endamir

Whoever entered the data at TheMovieDB may have done so by copying and pasting which also pasted other formatting characters. You can see the entry at TheMovieDB looks a bit weird.

Let me try to clean it up for you, but it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to hit all the mirrors. Try scraping again tomorrow and if you still have problems post back.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-14, 12:24)Karellen Wrote: @Endamir

Whoever entered the data at TheMovieDB may have done so by copying and pasting which also pasted other formatting characters. You can see the entry at TheMovieDB looks a bit weird.

Let me try to clean it up for you, but it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to hit all the mirrors. Try scraping again tomorrow and if you still have problems post back.
Hi Karellen,

Tks for Reply

Can you please advise the 'clean up'?
So i can reproduce in other data where I spot similar problem.

It's just delete all extra caracter or copy in a txt then copy it back?

Ideally i want to keep the Carriage Return !

Best Regards.
I removed some of the visible characters that were not meant to be there, separated the jumbled tracks then deleted all the carriage returns and added them back

Looks a bit better now and hopefully it fixes the problem...

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/55160-m...uage=fr-FR
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-14, 13:02)Karellen Wrote: I removed some of the visible characters that were not meant to be there, separated the jumbled tracks then deleted all the carriage returns and added them back

Hi Karellen,

I've try to also clean an another one : Texas Paris (2001).

But strangely first time i've remove all not needed space the create a carriage return by usage the 'enter' key, all Carriage return disapear by themself. Then i do it again and they has been keep.

Will check tomorow to see what happen in Kodi.

Best regards.
(2020-07-14, 14:55)Endamir Wrote:
(2020-07-14, 13:02)Karellen Wrote: I removed some of the visible characters that were not meant to be there, separated the jumbled tracks then deleted all the carriage returns and added them back

Hi Karellen,

I've try to also clean an another one : Texas Paris (2001).

But strangely first time i've remove all not needed space the create a carriage return by usage the 'enter' key, all Carriage return disapear by themself. Then i do it again and they has been keep.

Will check tomorow to see what happen in Kodi.

Best regards.

Hi Again :p

The Texas Paris (2001) I've change has been well updated in Kodi (Strangely sometimes i'am able to make a change in TMDB and get in Kodi after a refresh).
But \r still here Sad And no carrier Return in kodi resume Sad

Best Regards
Hi,

Same result for Mylenium tour : no back to line and "\r" each time Sad

I see well the "\r" in the Data-base and if I manually delete them and type 'enter' result is good in Kodi.

Any idea of how to avoid mannual change in DB (or make NFO (I try that and it work also).

Best Regards.
Hi,

Did someone know how to avoid theses wrong carrier return?

I'am pretty sur that error come when data where put in database from TMDB.

Is this possible that data where not encapsulated before put in DB? Meaning that SQL injection maybe possible??
Or (i Hope) that langage where strycly different from Kody and TMDB?

Regards.
Moved to Information Providers forum.

Maybe @olympia might know why the CR's are being removed.

@Endamir your other option is to use a NFO file and fix the entry in the nfo file before scanning.
My Signature
Hi Karellen,

Thanks for answering.

Did you know if carriage return 'import' will be fixe in futur version of Kodi?

Any news for 'SQL injection'.

I will create NFO but it's not really friendly user to generate NFO :p
As i didn't use much NFO, and my database is not created in NFO i will have to created them one by one Sad
If you get any advice to how generate NFO for only a section of the movie in KODI (For the moment I'have only found how to genereted ALL nfo)

Regards.

Best Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carriage Return0