Solved After Crash, watched status etc is not being imported
Kodi crashed and all was screwed up. I copied over a complete backup of a month and a half ago and re-imported everything, expecting the watched status, play counts and resume points to be imported automatically - they aren't. I followed the directions in the wiki to create and populate an "advancedsettings.xml" file and it's their and proper. I've been exporting the Video library as separate files and now .....

Unless "update library" isn't the way to do it. I do remember at one time the update would ask me if I wanted to use local data or not (paraphrasing) but I do not see that anymore.

FWIW I've set this up as a portable install, so everything is in ...\Kodi\

Any ideas?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
This conversation would seem to cover this situation and more information Backup (wiki) for alternative solutions.
(2020-07-14, 15:37)PatK Wrote: This conversation would seem to cover this situation and more information Backup (wiki) for alternative solutions.

So my backing the library up is somewhat pointless?
Just having copied over myvideos107.db to the Kodi I just restored did the trick - so what's the reason to export the library?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Import-export library/Video (wiki) FTW: The Watched Status, Play Counts and Resume Points are not imported by default. You'll need to enter code in the "advancedsettings.xml" as per the wiki to enable the watched status importation. .nfo file contain the playcount. Backup (wiki) FTW: For the Video Library we recommend using the Separate Files setting. Be aware of the required settings to import Play Counts, Watched Status and Last Played data.

You intimated that you did the modifications to the "advancedsettings.xml" file but didn't include a debug log, that would have shown it's recognition. I personally prefer export to separate files to keep all meta-data with the individual movie, refreshing the scrape locally is efficient.
(2020-07-14, 16:13)RBraverman Wrote: so what's the reason to export the library?
If you change any source paths, or change equipment or versions of Kodi; export to separate files is the way to go.

A trial of an export to single file and the videodb.xml did contain the playcount.
(2020-07-14, 18:26)PatK Wrote: Import-export library/Video (wiki) FTW: The Watched Status, Play Counts and Resume Points are not imported by default. You'll need to enter code in the "advancedsettings.xml" as per the wiki to enable the watched status importation. .nfo file contain the playcount. Backup (wiki) FTW: For the Video Library we recommend using the Separate Files setting. Be aware of the required settings to import Play Counts, Watched Status and Last Played data.

You intimated that you did the modifications to the "advancedsettings.xml" file but didn't include a debug log, that would have shown it's recognition. I personally prefer export to separate files to keep all meta-data with the individual movie, refreshing the scrape locally is efficient.
(2020-07-14, 16:13)RBraverman Wrote: so what's the reason to export the library?
If you change any source paths, or change equipment or versions of Kodi; export to separate files is the way to go.

A trial of an export to single file and the videodb.xml did contain the playcount.
I have ul'd files before but I can not see how now.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2020-07-14, 19:43)RBraverman Wrote: have ul'd files before but I can not see how now.
You snag (copy&paste) the log file into a public paste-bin such as https://paste.kodi.tv/ then link the URL of that page with this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki)
(2020-07-14, 20:52)PatK Wrote:
(2020-07-14, 19:43)RBraverman Wrote: have ul'd files before but I can not see how now.
You snag (copy&paste) the log file into a public paste-bin such as https://paste.kodi.tv/ then link the URL of that page with this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki)

Before the link (I don't remember doing that last time) I want to THANK YOU VERY much for helping with this. The Link is here.

The odd thing is that after enabling it (the last backup did not have it as so) and updating the library once or twice, the date of the file did not change from this morning.

****************************** UPdate ***************************

As I was checking the data inside, I noticed that I had missed the "s" at the end of the filename - advancedsettingS.xml. So I changed it invoked the log and ran another import. It update the log file but made no difference in the update.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2020-07-14, 23:09)RBraverman Wrote: made no difference in the update.
You need to activate debug mode in settings, which will impart much more information in the log and show your advancedsettings.xml and it's content, which includes the vital watched state importation.
Code:
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
(2020-07-15, 03:36)PatK Wrote:
(2020-07-14, 23:09)RBraverman Wrote: made no difference in the update.
You need to activate debug mode in settings, which will impart much more information in the log and show your advancedsettings.xml and it's content, which includes the vital watched state importation.
Code:
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
Ok, after life intruded, and I re-read and re-read both the conversation you linked and the wiki, I think I see the problem. One needs to get into media and change it's type, which then forces Kodi to recrape - a simple update library will not do it. Now it seems a long way around to do it that way I think.
1. I did activate the log in settings, re-ran an update and it showed that it had loaded it the file.
2. Do you then set the video type BACK to what it was before it scraped? (and it scrapes again)
2. It seems as though if you backup myvideos107.db and then (in a crash/re-install/etc.) you copy that over and you'd be back to where you were at THAT point in time.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2020-07-20, 18:45)RBraverman Wrote: if you backup myvideos107.db and then (in a crash/re-install/etc.) you copy that over and you'd be back to where you were at THAT point in time.
Well back to when you pulled that export. 

1) So in the log there is mentioned in the advancedsettings.xml file  of <importwatchedstate> then the system is primed to take in the watched state.

2) The scrapers once set and meta-data is pulled in, the information is no longer updated in a refresh if there is meta-data available. I know this part is a bit confusing, but changing the scraper to something else will invoke a full scrape (deny the full scrape and all stays the same, but you have changed scrapers for future scans.). Add-on:Universal Movie Scraper (wiki)
(2020-07-20, 18:45)RBraverman Wrote: get into media and change it's type, which then forces Kodi to recrape - a simple update library will not do it.
Correct. I can't say it enough times... For the Video Library back-up we recommend using export to Separate Files setting, a rescan is quick and fast... just have the code in post #4 in your advanced settings to pull in watched status.
(2020-07-20, 19:47)PatK Wrote:
(2020-07-20, 18:45)RBraverman Wrote: if you backup myvideos107.db and then (in a crash/re-install/etc.) you copy that over and you'd be back to where you were at THAT point in time.
Well back to when you pulled that export. 

1) So in the log there is mentioned in the advancedsettings.xml file  of <importwatchedstate> then the system is primed to take in the watched state.

2) The scrapers once set and meta-data is pulled in, the information is no longer updated in a refresh if there is meta-data available. I know this part is a bit confusing, but changing the scraper to something else will invoke a full scrape (deny the full scrape and all stays the same, but you have changed scrapers for future scans.). Add-on:Universal Movie Scraper (wiki)
(2020-07-20, 18:45)RBraverman Wrote: get into media and change it's type, which then forces Kodi to recrape - a simple update library will not do it.
Correct. I can't say it enough times... For the Video Library back-up we recommend using export to Separate Files setting, a rescan is quick and fast... just have the code in post #4 in your advanced settings to pull in watched status.
Thanks! It took a few readings of both to finally get it, that the update is not a scrape - so to speak.

You're help was invaluable as always - you're aces.
SageTV, Kodi.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Crash, watched status etc is not being imported0