Video library export
I bought a new media player and I exported my video library to the new machine with Kodi. I have my files in an external drive. When I tried to see my videos, I got an error because there was no connection with the external drive. Then I add the external drive as my source and created a duplicated file of everything. So, now I have 2 files of the same video, one has the broken connection and the other is working. Is there a way to merge the 2, as I don´t want to deleted one by one all the broken connections and also the exported video library has all the entries corrected while the second one has a lot of mistakes that need to be adjusted.

Thank you
(2020-07-15, 10:38)StevenShelby Wrote: I bought a new media player and I exported my video library to the new machine with Kodi.
Did you use Single File or Separate Files export method?

(2020-07-15, 10:38)StevenShelby Wrote: I have my files in an external drive. When I tried to see my videos, I got an error because there was no connection with the external drive.
I must be missing something here. Why would you expect to see your videos if you have not plugged in your external hard drive?

(2020-07-15, 10:38)StevenShelby Wrote: Then I add the external drive as my source and created a duplicated file of everything
How is there a duplicate? Where did the first copy come from? Did you scan twice?

(2020-07-15, 10:38)StevenShelby Wrote: Is there a way to merge the 2, as I don´t want to deleted one by one all the broken connections and also the exported video library has all the entries corrected while the second one has a lot of mistakes that need to be adjusted.
No. So how do you end up with entries that are correct and incorrect?

I don't think you have accurately explained what you have done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-15, 10:38)StevenShelby Wrote: I bought a new media player and I exported my video library to the new machine with Kodi. I have my files in an external drive. When I tried to see my videos, I got an error because there was no connection with the external drive. Then I add the external drive as my source and created a duplicated file of everything. So, now I have 2 files of the same video, one has the broken connection and the other is working. Is there a way to merge the 2, as I don´t want to deleted one by one all the broken connections and also the exported video library has all the entries corrected while the second one has a lot of mistakes that need to be adjusted.

Thank you
Settings / Media / Clean library will delete any library entries that point to files that no longer exist. It's not a merge, but it sounds like what you want.

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video library export0