Advice asked for remote
I just set up a new Intel NUC with Windows and Kodi as a htpc.
Now the question arises: which remote to use? I like to have a remote as simple as possible, which operates in both Windows and Kodi environments. My demands are the following:
- no keyboard needed
- handheld
- mouse action via tracking ball
- buttons should be incorporated, corresponding with left/right arrow keys on a standard keyboard (for zapping through a photo collection)

I came up with a Logitech m570, but I am not sure whether it is really handheld. I would welcome further suggestions
(2020-07-16, 14:22)KoPim Wrote: I just set up a new Intel NUC with Windows and Kodi as a htpc.
Now the question arises: which remote to use? I like to have a remote as simple as possible, which operates in both Windows and Kodi environments. My demands are the following:
- no keyboard needed
- handheld
- mouse action via tracking ball
- buttons should be incorporated, corresponding with left/right arrow keys on a standard keyboard (for zapping through a photo collection)

I came up with a Logitech m570, but I am not sure whether it is really handheld. I would welcome further suggestions
Why do you need a track ball for mouse function....  Won't an air mouse work?
I suppose an air mouse is the same as a gyro mouse? I do have an old Kodi remote with such mouse option. Either the gyro mechanism does not work well, or I cannot work with it, but I donot like the working of that mouse option. Maybe things might have been improved recently.
(2020-07-16, 15:09)KoPim Wrote: I suppose an air mouse is the same as a gyro mouse? I do have an old Kodi remote with such mouse option. Either the gyro mechanism does not work well, or I cannot work with it, but I donot like the working of that mouse option. Maybe things might have been improved recently.

From my experience with remotes, it is only recently that they started incorporating the gyro axis into the air mouse.  The older "air mouse", used the 4 position toggle on the remote to move the mouse up/down, left/right, and they called that an air mouse..........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice asked for remote0