Widgets don't refresh when content changes?
I've setup widgets on my home page which use smart playlists as their data source...and they work awesome except when I add a new title and the library is updated, the widget still shows the old content...I have to reboot to get it to show the new content. This is very inconvenient...is there any way to get it to refresh its content when the library is updated?
(2020-07-17, 06:26)redec Wrote: I've setup widgets on my home page which use smart playlists as their data source...and they work awesome except when I add a new title and the library is updated, the widget still shows the old content...I have to reboot to get it to show the new content. This is very inconvenient...is there any way to get it to refresh its content when the library is updated?

In the Power menu there is an option to refresh the skin. That will update all your widgets.
(2020-07-17, 13:45)pieterpeene Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 06:26)redec Wrote: I've setup widgets on my home page which use smart playlists as their data source...and they work awesome except when I add a new title and the library is updated, the widget still shows the old content...I have to reboot to get it to show the new content. This is very inconvenient...is there any way to get it to refresh its content when the library is updated?

In the Power menu there is an option to refresh the skin. That will update all your widgets.

Ok, but I really have to do that every time there's new content? That is just as inconvenient as rebooting, just a couple seconds faster...still not wife/kid friendly, as they're not going to know when new content has arrived. Even for me, I don't want to have to continuously monitor my other systems to check if a skin refresh is necessary...and then have to do it individually on each TV...I'm going to be constantly explicitly reloading the skin Sad. Do you know is it possible to externally trigger the widget refresh, so I could automate it via a simple timer or something?
(2020-07-17, 18:07)redec Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 13:45)pieterpeene Wrote:

Ok, but I really have to do that every time there's new content? That is just as inconvenient as rebooting, just a couple seconds faster...still not wife/kid friendly, as they're not going to know when new content has arrived. Even for me, I don't want to have to continuously monitor my other systems to check if a skin refresh is necessary...and then have to do it individually on each TV...I'm going to be constantly explicitly reloading the skin Sad. Do you know is it possible to externally trigger the widget refresh, so I could automate it via a simple timer or something?

Try the watchdog addon. Short of that your gonna have to be self sufficient and roll your sleves up. A simple script on each box that runs once an hr or whatever that triggers a library update should be a couple lines of text
(2020-07-17, 19:05)ohhwee Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 18:07)redec Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 13:45)pieterpeene Wrote: In the Power menu there is an option to refresh the skin. That will update all your widgets.

Try the watchdog addon. Short of that your gonna have to be self sufficient and roll your sleves up. A simple script on each box that runs once an hr or whatever that triggers a library update should be a couple lines of text

A library update doesn't solve the problem though? The problem is the skin doesn't update when the library updates - so it is not showing what is currently in the library. Ideally the skin would have some sort of exposed hook so that I could trigger a widget refresh (ideally without affecting a user currently using the system) but I can't find anything like that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widgets don't refresh when content changes?0