Add timer function suddenly not working on Talking Pictures
Hi there
Today, I set up a repeating add timer for a series called Rooms on Talking Pictures TV. I had it set up previously, but deleted it.
I noticed that when clicking ok, I got the confirmation pop over BUT no record icon appeared on UI. Also, going to scheduled recording, nothing was present.
The logs are here.
https://pastebin.com/dZVWeQ3d

Any idea what is wrong? This function seems to work for other channels.
Thanks
A recurring recording won't re-record an episode you already have recorded or a previous recording that you have deleted.  That seems to be the case with 3 episodes of Rooms, they should already show in recordings

In Matrix there is a new function called "Forget Recording" which will allow a previous recording to be re-recorded with recurring rules.   Otherwise, you need to use the backend NextPVR.exe app to do this.

Martin
Thanks Martin for getting back. I think that makes sense it won't record something you already have in your library. A couple of extra questions:
1. Shouldn't it still accept a series record just in case there's episodes in the series you forgot to record?
2. Could the Devs introduce a warning ' These episodes or films already exist in your library".
All the best
Ade
1. Your recurring recording (Timer Rules in Kodi) for Rooms should be available you just won't have any Timers associated with it.  It will record any "missing" shows as time goes by.

2. A one-time message would not help much since it would only consider the state when you create the rule.  Each night during the daily EPG update there could be a different case.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add timer function suddenly not working on Talking Pictures0