Music Discart.png
I cant figure this out.  I want to download my own cd disc art and have it displayed when I am in full screen OSD.  I add my songs to the library, and whether i have "Local Files Only" set as the scraper, it still displays discart from online, or none at all.  I put the discart.png that i downloaded in the same folder as the music file, no luck. I put it in the Artist Information folder, no luck.  Back in Kodi 16.1, if I had the flac file, and cdart.png in the same folder, it was perfect. How do I get the discart.png that I downloaded to be the discart displayed on the OSD screen? I am using MQ8 Leia Mod

Thank you for any help!!
discart.png comes from the album folder, Not the Artist Information folder.
(2020-07-23, 21:46)HomerJau Wrote: discart.png comes from the album folder, Not the Artist Information folder.

Yes, I put it in the album folder, put it does not display that particular discart.  For example, I tried to see if it works by having an album folder for Metallica, but the discart.png I put in there was a Black Sabbath disc, and it displayed the Metallica disc, even though there is no metallica discart.png anywhere on my system!  When I scrape the folder into the library, I have the scraper set to "Local Info Only' through the settings in "media"  How is this possible?
(2020-07-23, 21:40)mohawkcr Wrote: I cant figure this out.  I want to download my own cd disc art and have it displayed when I am in full screen OSD.  I add my songs to the library, and whether i have "Local Files Only" set as the scraper, it still displays discart from online, or none at all.  I put the discart.png that i downloaded in the same folder as the music file, no luck. I put it in the Artist Information folder, no luck.  Back in Kodi 16.1, if I had the flac file, and cdart.png in the same folder, it was perfect. How do I get the discart.png that I downloaded to be the discart displayed on the OSD screen? I am using MQ8 Leia Mod

Thank you for any help!!
Can anyone help??
(2020-07-30, 23:56)mohawkcr Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 21:40)mohawkcr Wrote: I cant figure this out.  I want to download my own cd disc art and have it displayed when I am in full screen OSD.  I add my songs to the library, and whether i have "Local Files Only" set as the scraper, it still displays discart from online, or none at all.  I put the discart.png that i downloaded in the same folder as the music file, no luck. I put it in the Artist Information folder, no luck.  Back in Kodi 16.1, if I had the flac file, and cdart.png in the same folder, it was perfect. How do I get the discart.png that I downloaded to be the discart displayed on the OSD screen? I am using MQ8 Leia Mod

Thank you for any help!!
Can anyone help??
Use this code https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2964129
Ok, I think maybe  I didnt explain this well enough.  So, back in jarvis 16.1, If I had a folder of the Artist, and inside the folder was the song(mp3.file) and a png image of the cdart, and the image was labeled cdart.png, when kodi would play this song in MQ7, the album cover would show, and it would also show the cd art spinning as well.  No issues.  Now we are at Kodi 18, and i understand that instead of cdart.png, you had to label your cd image, discart.png.  So in the folder, I now have the mp3 file and the cd image named discart.png.  When Kodi plays this song in version 18, the album cover still shows, but the disc art does not work.  It either shows a different cd image that was scraped from somewhere, or a blank cd is spinning.  I have my scrapers set to local information only, as Iwant the cd art that I have in the folder to show spinning next to the album cover.  Can anyone help me with this now??
@mohawkcr, you really should be looking for help in the Music Support area, as this is not likely MQ related.  There are many threads dealing with discart issues. 

I too struggled with displaying discart correctly awhile back.  "Awhile" enough that I even forget how/why/what I did to correct it.  Smile  Good luck...
(2020-08-07, 15:27)jasn Wrote: @mohawkcr, you really should be looking for help in the Music Support area, as this is not likely MQ related.  There are many threads dealing with discart issues. 

I too struggled with displaying discart correctly awhile back.  "Awhile" enough that I even forget how/why/what I did to correct it.  Smile  Good luck...
thank you
Nope, I think it is an issue with Aeon MQ, not a Music issue. I am aware of the steady stream of posts where users have trouble with discart and I even noticed that it ignores local discart when I tested it a while ago.

Not sure why this happens, but you need to ping the skinner to help out.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-07, 22:46)Karellen Wrote: Nope, I think it is an issue with Aeon MQ, not a Music issue. I am aware of the steady stream of posts where users have trouble with discart and I even noticed that it ignores local discart when I tested it a while ago.

Not sure why this happens, but you need to ping the skinner to help out.

I will do that!  Thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Discart.png0