• 393(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
@Hashybot

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-02-02, 10:11)matke Wrote:
(2023-02-02, 09:49)Hashybot Wrote: My apologies, I wasn't sure the best way to link. Here is the pastebin link and thanks kindly in advance for any help.

https://pastebin.com/USvS5kWR
It's not a skin problem. Kodi 20 Nexus has a problem on all platforms except windows. It is a well-known problem with python elementtree. That's why Kodi with custom skins and addons keeps crashing. My advice to you is to go back to Kodi 19.5.
and dont forget to turn off automatic updates in the playstore after reverting back or it will just keep upgrading (chuckles) to Nexus if you dont. This is my standard practice with Kodi I usually wait until a later version of the current Kodi build before upgrading it gives the developers time to get all the bugs worked out I honestly just upgraded to 19.5 from 18.9 a couple months ago. The only caveat is you have to manually update all the other apps on your device every so often.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2023-02-02, 13:29)cscott1 Wrote: and dont forget to turn off automatic updates in the playstore after reverting back or it will just keep upgrading (chuckles) to Nexus if you dont. This is my standard practice with Kodi I usually wait until a later version of the current Kodi build before upgrading it gives the developers time to get all the bugs worked out I honestly just upgraded to 19.5 from 18.9 a couple months ago. The only caveat is you have to manually update all the other apps on your device every so often.

At least on my phone it's possible to disable automatic updates for specific apps. Open the app site in Play Store, open menu (3 dots) and untick 'Enable auto update'

@everyone

On my Windows PC when setting or adding widgets I can choose Video library > Playlists > . There I have a lot of playlists e.g. Top 250 in IMDB. However on my Vero 4k+ when I navigate to the playlists it's empty. No playlists at all. Any idea why?
(2023-02-02, 15:57)ExplodingCore Wrote: On my Windows PC when setting or adding widgets I can choose Video library > Playlists > . There I have a lot of playlists e.g. Top 250 in IMDB. However on my Vero 4k+ when I navigate to the playlists it's empty. No playlists at all. Any idea why?

I'm also having problems with playlist on my Vero 4K+ but no problems on my PC. See my message in this thread that I wrote yesterday.
Hi, I'm uncertain we whether we have the same issue or rather whether the issue that prevents us from doing what we'd like to is the same. However they might be related.

I have the same error messages in my log
Quote:2023-02-02 13:10:19.914 T:10879    INFO <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/Plex 5.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-02-02 13:10:19.916 T:10879    INFO <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/Plex 1.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
2023-02-02 13:10:19.918 T:10879    INFO <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for playlist special://profile/playlists/video/Plex 4.xsp  --> This file seems to be corrupted, please remove it from your system to prevent any further errors.
In my case those are Playlists from Plex (PlexKodiConnect) that resemble my libraries. That plugin explicitly states these are not standard Kodi Playlists iirc. I can check whether they are available from (Select Widget -> Smart Shortcuts >) later.

However what's bugging me is that another folder is empty: Select Widget -> Video Library > Playlist >
On my PC I have a LOT of playlists there. But on Vero 4k it's empty. Is this the same for you?

This is an example of how it looks on my PC
I was using PlexKodiConnect as well. Playlists and smart shortcuts were both empty.

I wiped the Vero and re-installed OSMC and did not install PlexKodiConnect to make sure that it's not a problem with PlexKodiConnect playlists.

Seems like the exact same problem I have with Vero 4K+.
OK, I found the reason for problems with playlists on Vero 4K+. I'm not a Python developer so maybe someone else should check out if my fix is OK. The bug is in smartshortcuts.py in playlists_nodes() function.

I replaced:
xmldata.getiterator()
with:
xmldata.iter()

This fixes it on Vero 4K+. I can now see my smart playlist in Smart shotcuts list. I did not have the time to try it out on PC yet.

I have no idea why it worked on a Windows PC but not Vero 4K+/OSMC. Maybe my Vero has a more recent version of XMLTree (or Python?). A quick Google search indicates that getiterator() has been deprecated in recent Python version. edit: Actually deprecated already in Python 3.2 and removed completely in 3.9
" your fix looks fine @gaze " - a. python. dev.

fyi in a kodi debug log it will usually print what version of python there is
(2023-02-02, 23:09)gaze Wrote: OK, I found the reason for problems with playlists on Vero 4K+. I'm not a Python developer so maybe someone else should check out if my fix is OK. The bug is in smartshortcuts.py in playlists_nodes() function.

I replaced:
xmldata.getiterator()
with:
xmldata.iter()

This fixes it on Vero 4K+. I can now see my smart playlist in Smart shotcuts list. I did not have the time to try it out on PC yet.

I have no idea why it worked on a Windows PC but not Vero 4K+/OSMC. Maybe my Vero has a more recent version of XMLTree (or Python?). A quick Google search indicates that getiterator() has been deprecated in recent Python version. edit: Actually deprecated already in Python 3.2 and removed completely in 3.9
Here is some more information about this change: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3077...rt-to-lxml
@HugoL @AchillesPunks @childofkorn Finally got everything to work Smile
Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it!

One more thing, does anyone know where to change these labels in the theme files?
Don't really want to look through almost every file in there. Thanks again!
(2023-02-03, 16:51)HisAirness23 Wrote: One more thing, does anyone know where to change these labels in the theme files?
Don't really want to look through almost every file in there. Thanks again!

You can change them in the strings.po files for your respective language inside the language folder of the skin.
Hi there,

I am currently researching in which skin fits best my need....so far this one looks very promising! Nice job!

I have a few questions in certain topics:

Categories Widget:

As far as I can see the categories are actual predefined smart playlist which are in the skin's directory somehow.
  1. What is difference between .kodi/addons/skin.titan.bingie.mod/playlists and .kodi/addons/skin.titan.bingie.mod/extras/categories
  2. How can I add/edit such a category? I tried to just edit one of the files and reload or restarted but they did not appear. Also looked into the dialog which let me choose which category to show in the widget. My update did not take place. Sad
  3. Is it correct that I do not see that special playlists in the overview of all my smart playlists?
  4. What does the option "Homescreen layout -> Category Hub -> Enable Library List" do?

Smart Shortcuts:
  1. Why are they called like this?
  2. What is so smart about them?
  3. Is it correct that they just contain my smart playlists?
  4. What is the purpose of them?

Buggy behavior:
  1. Often when I change the menu items for example I delete on the changes do not apply to the menu itself. I mean they are gone from the configuration menu but the menu does still show the item. The same sometimes happen when adding an item or edtiting it in generell. Simple things like setting the label sometimes do not apply. Are there some known issues going on?
  2. I was curious what this "MyHub" thing is and tried bind it to a menu entry but it did not work. I selected it in the dialog but it does not apply anything.

Confusing stuff (at least for me):
  1. On the menu item options: What is the difference between "Change Action" & "Change Shortcut"? For me it just opens the same dialog.
  2. Can I not set an action which just points to a certain point in my library? (like TvShow->Genres or Movies->Tags->Love)

Suggestions:
  1. Would be nice to have explantions for the settings. Dude, there are so many options and I would read all the info texts but there are none. That makes it really hard to configure it.
  2. More in general: Wouldn't be nice to have some kind of documentation to a skin? As far as I can see for the skins there are only two places: Those giantic froum threads and their github-repository where a user can read out how to configure it.

My Setup:
I know a lot of question. If you want them in a different from (in a github issue for example) let me know. I would really like to contribute at least from a user persepective because as I said I really like this skin.

Thanks,
Dragoo

PS: Oh, I forgot to mention...I pretty new to all this kodi stuff so please be patient.
(2023-02-03, 16:51)HisAirness23 Wrote: Don't really want to look through almost every file in there. Thanks again!

Install Notepad++ and Edit -> Find in files..
(2023-02-03, 20:44)gaze Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 16:51)HisAirness23 Wrote: Don't really want to look through almost every file in there. Thanks again!

Install Notepad++ and Edit -> Find in files..

@SoulReaver It's not in the german strings.po file, unfortunately. If it would be inside the the file it would translate it, right? Is there a language setting for the skin? I couldn't find any yet but there are so many settings.
Found the label "choose art, more like this" in resource.language.en_gb\strings.po but adding a translation there or adding it to the german strings.po didn't do anything, unfortunately.
  • 393(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0