• 394(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2023-02-03, 21:03)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 20:44)gaze Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 16:51)HisAirness23 Wrote: Don't really want to look through almost every file in there. Thanks again!

Install Notepad++ and Edit -> Find in files..

@SoulReaver It's not in the german strings.po file, unfortunately. If it would be inside the the file it would translate it, right? Is there a language setting for the skin? I couldn't find any yet but there are so many settings.
Found the label "choose art, more like this" in resource.language.en_gb\strings.po but adding a translation there or adding it to the german strings.po didn't do anything, unfortunately.

You can just copy the missing strings code from the en_gb strings file to the language file of your choice and type the translation in the msgstr line and it will translate to that if your Kodi language is set to that same language in Kodi > Settings > Interface > Regional > Language.
(2023-02-03, 22:19)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 21:03)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 20:44)gaze Wrote: Install Notepad++ and Edit -> Find in files..

@SoulReaver It's not in the german strings.po file, unfortunately. If it would be inside the the file it would translate it, right? Is there a language setting for the skin? I couldn't find any yet but there are so many settings.
Found the label "choose art, more like this" in resource.language.en_gb\strings.po but adding a translation there or adding it to the german strings.po didn't do anything, unfortunately.

You can just copy the missing strings code from the en_gb strings file to the language file of your choice and type the translation in the msgstr line and it will translate to that if your Kodi language is set to that same language in Kodi > Settings > Interface > Regional > Language.

Some of the string codes are not missing and it still doesn't work. "More like this" (in en_gb) has already been translated from "Similar" en_us to "Änhnlich" in the de_de strings file. I guess More like this and similar mean the same as they both share the same #31622, just BE and AE.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

It's still showing "More like this" though. The Kodi language and region has been set to regional > language > german. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Thanks again
Skin has become unusable on android x last 3-4 days. Its solid in windows  no issues.
SHS and related scripts have been discussed as the possible reason for this   As Discussed here & here
As these are skin dependencies hence cannot disable them or uninstall them.
Is there anyway these could be removed as  a dependency to test  ( everyone is using tmdb Helper for widgets  & its working great)
Also for Amazon VOD content AH2 ( using tmdb helper) is able to display Logo's / artwork 
I am requesting if you could consider using similar tmdb helper to populate the artwork for Amazon VOD  in TBM as well please.
(2023-02-03, 23:37)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 21:03)HisAirness23 Wrote: @SoulReaver It's not in the german strings.po file, unfortunately. If it would be inside the the file it would translate it, right? Is there a language setting for the skin? I couldn't find any yet but there are so many settings.

Some of the string codes are not missing and it still doesn't work. "More like this" (in en_gb) has already been translated from "Similar" en_us to "Änhnlich" in the de_de strings file. I guess More like this and similar mean the same as they both share the same #31622, just BE and AE.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

It's still showing "More like this" though. The Kodi language and region has been set to regional > language > german. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Thanks again

Try putting this in the de_de strings file

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"
msgstr "your translation"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

And test again with Kodi language set to German.
(2023-02-04, 00:47)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 22:19)SoulReaver Wrote: You can just copy the missing strings code from the en_gb strings file to the language file of your choice and type the translation in the msgstr line and it will translate to that if your Kodi language is set to that same language in Kodi > Settings > Interface > Regional > Language.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

Thanks again

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

U can explain this? I was trying the same to spanish but the 32xxxx digits msgctxt, don't works.

I can't translate all the msgctxt that begin with 32xxxx, any missing or wrong
(2023-02-03, 21:03)HisAirness23 Wrote: @SoulReaver It's not in the german strings.po file, unfortunately. If it would be inside the the file it would translate it, right? Is there a language setting for the skin? I couldn't find any yet but there are so many settings.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

Thanks again

So you're saying it has been localised in the Germany strings.po but still not displaying the translation? Sounds like a strange issue. However, a work-around would be to manually change these labels (if you can find them).  I can't go on a hunt through XMLs right now but the method is to search for the radio button that you want to change the label of. 

So as an example and in your particular case, you're looking for a includesdialogvideoinfo.xml (think that's what it's called, it's been a long time since I worked on these xmls)

ctrl + F to search for all instances of

Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[31622]</label>

Replace with

Code:
<label>Ähnlich</label>
(2023-02-04, 02:09)ksc1 Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 23:37)HisAirness23 Wrote: Some of the string codes are not missing and it still doesn't work. "More like this" (in en_gb) has already been translated from "Similar" en_us to "Änhnlich" in the de_de strings file. I guess More like this and similar mean the same as they both share the same #31622, just BE and AE.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

Thanks again

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

U can explain this? I was trying the same to spanish but the 32xxxx digits msgctxt, don't works.

Copy the missing strings from the en_gb strings.po file which has them all to your es_es strings.po file and then add your translation in the empty msgstr line between the quotes symbols and try again with Kodi language set to Spanish.
Guys you have to be a little patient with Kodi Nexus. Kodi Nexus since moving to python 3.11 has a problem with Python ElementTree module. When multiple scripts attempt to use ElementTree simultaneously causes unexplained SegFaults which crash Kodi. What some skins do is a temporary solution and cannot be applied to every skin, especially not to the titan bingie mod that relies on a lot of scripts. Even those solutions are not a 100% guarantee that the crash will not happen again. After all, why would all developers change their code when the problem is in Kodi and python and not in the script. All Kodi builds after 24. october when python 3.11 was released they have this bug. I installed nexus 20 alpha 3 and everything works without problems. Any Kodi after that crashes on android. Everything is super stable on Windows. So let's wait for kodi 20.1 and I hope kodi developers will fix this bug. Thanks.
@Achilles Kindy dont upgrade for nexus version If you are still not to able resolve random sorting refresh for addons listed widgets .
(2023-02-04, 19:11)matke Wrote: Guys you have to be a little patient with Kodi Nexus. Kodi Nexus since moving to python 3.11 has a problem with Python ElementTree module. When multiple scripts attempt to use ElementTree simultaneously causes unexplained SegFaults which crash Kodi. What some skins do is a temporary solution and cannot be applied to every skin, especially not to the titan bingie mod that relies on a lot of scripts. Even those solutions are not a 100% guarantee that the crash will not happen again. After all, why would all developers change their code when the problem is in Kodi and python and not in the script. All Kodi builds after 24. october when python 3.11 was released they have this bug. I installed nexus 20 alpha 3 and everything works without problems. Any Kodi after that crashes on android. Everything is super stable on Windows. So let's wait for kodi 20.1 and I hope kodi developers will fix this bug. Thanks.

Python 3.11.2 should be released with the fix early next week and then soon after that Kodi nightlies will be released with that included.

Also if anyone wants to use a build that already has a temporary fix included for this issue the Maven Kodinerds builds have this now.

Thanks again for making this very cool skin.
(2023-02-04, 15:30)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 02:09)ksc1 Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 00:47)SoulReaver Wrote: Try putting this in the de_de strings file

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

Copy the missing strings from the en_gb strings.po file which has them all to your es_es strings.po file and then add your translation in the empty msgstr line between the quotes symbols and try again with Kodi language set to Spanish.

I didn't notice, I was using my old file from oldest version, so thanks for tips. Job done!!!
(2023-02-03, 22:19)SoulReaver Wrote: You can just copy the missing strings code from the en_gb strings file to the language file of your choice and type the translation in the msgstr line and it will translate to that if your Kodi language is set to that same language in Kodi > Settings > Interface > Regional > Language.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

Thanks again

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

I added and tested it but it doesn't change anything.
@HugoL I even changed the label in the xml file directly and it still doesn't do anything. I don't know where it's pulling the data from. I even changed the language in Kodi to English and back to German. When changing a label in the English strings file it also has no effect. The labels change from German to English though if I set the language in Kodi. Not sure what's wrong. :/

Got it to work. I have to change the msgid directly in the en_GB strings.po file. I don't know why it isn't working with the german string file.
(2023-02-06, 17:34)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-03, 23:37)HisAirness23 Wrote: Some of the string codes are not missing and it still doesn't work. "More like this" (in en_gb) has already been translated from "Similar" en_us to "Änhnlich" in the de_de strings file. I guess More like this and similar mean the same as they both share the same #31622, just BE and AE.

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"

Thanks again

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

@HugoL I even changed the label in the xml file directly and it still doesn't do anything. I don't know where it's pulling the data from. I even changed the language in Kodi to English and back to German. When changing a label in the English strings file it also has no effect. The labels change from German to English though if I set the language in Kodi. Not sure what's wrong. :/

Found this in addons > resource.language.de_de -> (https://paste.kodi.tv/xivajoziqi.kodi) Is that correct?
That's how translation works. You have to change language in kodi settings. Then you will be able to use the translation in the skin as well.
(2023-02-06, 19:32)matke Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 17:34)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-04, 00:47)SoulReaver Wrote: Try putting this in the de_de strings file

msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"

msgctxt "#320005"
msgid "Similar"

Found this in addons > resource.language.de_de -> (https://paste.kodi.tv/xivajoziqi.kodi) Is that correct?
That's how translation works. You have to change language in kodi settings. Then you will be able to use the translation in the skin as well.

The translation file doesn't work for me somehow although the language is set to german in the kodi settings. I had to change the 'msgids' in the en_gb strings file directly in order for it to work.
(2023-02-06, 20:20)HisAirness23 Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 19:32)matke Wrote:
(2023-02-06, 17:34)HisAirness23 Wrote: I added and tested it but it doesn't change anything.

The translation file doesn't work for me somehow although the language is set to german in the kodi settings. I had to change the 'msgids' in the en_gb strings file directly in order for it to work.
skin.titan.bingie.mod/language/resource.language.de_de/string.po
Replace line
Code:
msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "Similar"
msgstr "Ähnlich"
with
Code:
msgctxt "#31622"
msgid "More Like This"
msgstr "Mehr wie das"
Also add this two

Code:
msgctxt "#320002"
msgid "Choose Art"
msgstr "Wählen Sie Kunst"

msgctxt "#320067"
msgid "Credits & More Info"
msgstr "Credits & weitere Informationen"

Sorry, maybe not the correct translation, I used it google translate.

Results:

Translations are not sorted. My advice to you and others is to be patient as it is a big job. I should actually transfer everything from the code to a string so that later whoever wants to translate string for their own language. I started this in the previous update, and I will try to fix it a little more in the next one, so that it is quite usable.
  • 394(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0