• 5(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-07-26, 14:43)shaktoo Wrote: Just 1 question for anyone . How are people getting the RT ratings ? I see the mockups and it includes all different ratings . I cannot get these . 
OK So i scrape my media with ember media manager and they have nt been able to incorporate RT scraping. I got the omdb API but do I set the scraper function in Kodi to use that instead of universal scraper ?

I will now answer my own question.. ( folish of me not to try this first ).
I had to configure the universal scraper & add the omdb API key in it .
The Only Question is if I have all Local nfo's then unless I rescrape everything using kodi scraper it only THEN i will see the ratings right ?
I so wish if Ember can simply incorporate it or if there was a ember / Kodi scraping hybrid function.

Maybe someone could elaborate on this ?

I ran into the same problem as you. I was really confused why ratings i had in my .nfo files would not just show up in Kodi
The problem with most skins is that they use Skin Helper Service to get all the ratings, they don't just read them out of your Kodi DB.
what happens in the background when you add a new movie/tv show is the following.
SHS calls Metadata and Utils Service which will use the OMDBAPI key to get all the possible ratings from OMDB. then those ratings will be saved in your SimpleCache.DB.

I've had no issue using the versions provided by the Bingie Skin.
After disabling mouse as part of the "setup" process when the skin is first launch, how would one enable it again? I tried enabling it and still disabled. Is the skin strictly non mouse?
Also how do I change to poster view for specific categories? I know how to do it on everything else, but within categories they're landscape.
(2020-07-27, 06:44)darkseidOMEGAeffect Wrote: Also how do I change to poster view for specific categories? I know how to do it on everything else, but within categories they're landscape.
There is no option at this time to change to poster inside the categories.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-07-27, 06:42)darkseidOMEGAeffect Wrote: After disabling mouse as part of the "setup" process when the skin is first launch, how would one enable it again? I tried enabling it and still disabled. Is the skin strictly non mouse?
@CK77
I use a remote for my PC maybe someone that uses a keyboard and mouse can help with this
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-07-27, 09:45)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-07-27, 06:42)darkseidOMEGAeffect Wrote: After disabling mouse as part of the "setup" process when the skin is first launch, how would one enable it again? I tried enabling it and still disabled. Is the skin strictly non mouse?
@CK77
I use a remote for my PC maybe someone that uses a keyboard and mouse can help with this

I've used the skin with and without mouse. Both should work normally.
Maybe check the Kodi settings, not the skin settings

There is an option to turn on/off mouse support in 2 places.

System\Input\Devices\Enable mouse and touch screen support

Skin Settings\General skin settings\Enable mouse and touch support

Hope this helps.
(2020-07-26, 21:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-07-26, 14:43)shaktoo Wrote: Just 1 question for anyone . How are people getting the RT ratings ? I see the mockups and it includes all different ratings . I cannot get these . 
OK So i scrape my media with ember media manager and they have nt been able to incorporate RT scraping. I got the omdb API but do I set the scraper function in Kodi to use that instead of universal scraper ?

The Only Question is if I have all Local nfo's then unless I rescrape everything using kodi scraper it only THEN i will see the ratings right ?
I so wish if Ember can simply incorporate it or if there was a ember / Kodi scraping hybrid function.

I ran into the same problem as you. I was really confused why ratings i had in my .nfo files would not just show up in Kodi
The problem with most skins is that they use Skin Helper Service to get all the ratings, they don't just read them out of your Kodi DB.
what happens in the background when you add a new movie/tv show is the following.
SHS calls Metadata and Utils Service which will use the OMDBAPI key to get all the possible ratings from OMDB. then those ratings will be saved in your SimpleCache.DB.

Thanks CK77.
In the process of Rescraping everything in Kodi
It was needed anyways as there were some dual nfo's causing my kodi to become confused.
I have to say though that tmdb ratings are there but RT ratings are just non existant , maybe i saw 1-2 movies where it was displayd.
So partial success.
(2020-07-27, 19:25)shaktoo Wrote:

Thanks CK77.
It was needed anyways as there were some dual nfo's causing my kodi to become confused.
I have to say though that tmdb ratings are there but RT ratings are just non existant , maybe i saw 1-2 movies where it was displayd.
So partial success.
it takes some time for the ratings to show up, give it a few hours.
(2020-07-27, 19:41)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2020-07-26, 21:13)CK77 Wrote: I ran into the same problem as you. I was really confused why ratings i had in my .nfo files would not just show up in Kodi

Thanks CK77.
So partial success.
it takes some time for the ratings to show up, give it a few hours.
OK  Wink
BTW  Could you maybe discuss with Dan to incorporate maybe the omdb ApI within Ember  if at all possible ?

Thanks CK77.
So partial success.
Just keep in mind you will only get RT ratings for movies that have a RT rating in OMDB.
It's not because a movie has a RT rating that it will show up.

Specially after re-scraping it will take a while for extra ratings to show up, because the first thing Metadata and Utils will do is search for the IMDB Top 250 rating and add that to your Kodi DB, then it will start scraping the ratings and save those in SimpleCache.DB
@AchillesPunks Brilliant work on improving the bingie skin. I noticed your improvements to make it a more authentic Netflix experience like changing the spotlight content widget and changing the home menu font etc.

In my opinion, and certainly according to the Netflix app I use, there are some significant (and hopefully simple) changes that could be made to make it more authentic and generally more attractive as shown below.

Bingie Mod
Netlix App
Key differences

1. The clearlogo is much smaller in Bingie. I feel Netlix does a great job filling this space with a large logo for much more interesting visuals.
2. Again, the age rating icon in Netflix looks much prettier visually than having more plain text like the bingie version.
3. Slim menu stays put with the red line indicator and therefore provides a good indicator of the menu screen your currently viewing (guessing this isn't a simple fix!)
4. Plot text and font -
  1. This is another big one for me. Bingie's wall of text, particularly in the justified alignment so its a big square block of text with uneven space between text is really ugly. Netflix handles this so much better, significantly increasing width of the text box all the way to the middle of the screen, so your not staring at a block of text and it's left aligned so space gaps are even. I've looked into this (only in the includeshomebingie.xml) and it's easily fixed by increasing the size of the width text box, changing the "justified" alignment to "left" and also reducing the length of the text box so it only shows 3 lines max of text cutting off the rest of the plot.

2. The default font for the plot is boring and sterile! Netflix has their own font "Netlix Sans" which is lovely. I've messed around downloading some other fonts to get a similar look but I haven't been quite found one I'm happy with. It takes a fair bit of lengthy trial and error especially since I've just started to explore editing the xml's and trying to learn where everything is!
5. The Poster aspect ratio is completely different in Bingie. It's not just a case of trying to look exactly like Netflix. The Bingie posters are thinner (and taller) so they appear stretched so don't look as good. You can see in Netflix app picture, there are 7.5 posters on screen at any time and Cartman has squeezed in 8 causing detriment to the aspect ratio. 

No problem at all if you're not interested in looking into any of this but you seem to be making some improvements for a more authentic Netflix experience. Authenticity isn't something I'm particularly after, just a better design and in my opinion, Netfix's design is more attractive.
Hi All

I'm using Binige skin with a bit code touches for Hebrew fit, for some reason I never get the Cast list in the movie/tv show dialog video info screen (pic attached - https://ibb.co/9g4tjvG),
I'm always getting just the "Director" "Writers" and "Genre" but no Cast...  any advice what/where to change in the code in order to get the Cast list as well?
much appreciated and keep up the good work
(2020-07-28, 13:51)HugoL Wrote: @AchillesPunks Brilliant work on improving the bingie skin. I noticed your improvements to make it a more authentic Netflix experience like changing the spotlight content widget and changing the home menu font etc.

In my opinion, and certainly according to the Netflix app I use, there are some significant (and hopefully simple) changes that could be made to make it more authentic and generally more attractive as shown below.

Bingie Mod
Netlix App
Key differences

1. The clearlogo is much smaller in Bingie. I feel Netlix does a great job filling this space with a large logo for much more interesting visuals.
2. Again, the age rating icon in Netflix looks much prettier visually than having more plain text like the bingie version.
3. Slim menu stays put with the red line indicator and therefore provides a good indicator of the menu screen your currently viewing (guessing this isn't a simple fix!)
4. Plot text and font -
  1. This is another big one for me. Bingie's wall of text, particularly in the justified alignment so its a big square block of text with uneven space between text is really ugly. Netflix handles this so much better, significantly increasing width of the text box all the way to the middle of the screen, so your not staring at a block of text and it's left aligned so space gaps are even. I've looked into this (only in the includeshomebingie.xml) and it's easily fixed by increasing the size of the width text box, changing the "justified" alignment to "left" and also reducing the length of the text box so it only shows 3 lines max of text cutting off the rest of the plot.

2. The default font for the plot is boring and sterile! Netflix has their own font "Netlix Sans" which is lovely. I've messed around downloading some other fonts to get a similar look but I haven't been quite found one I'm happy with. It takes a fair bit of lengthy trial and error especially since I've just started to explore editing the xml's and trying to learn where everything is!
5. The Poster aspect ratio is completely different in Bingie. It's not just a case of trying to look exactly like Netflix. The Bingie posters are thinner (and taller) so they appear stretched so don't look as good. You can see in Netflix app picture, there are 7.5 posters on screen at any time and Cartman has squeezed in 8 causing detriment to the aspect ratio. 

No problem at all if you're not interested in looking into any of this but you seem to be making some improvements for a more authentic Netflix experience. Authenticity isn't something I'm particularly after, just a better design and in my opinion, Netfix's design is more attractive.

I totally agree to this one, thanks
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2020-07-28, 13:51)HugoL Wrote: @AchillesPunks Brilliant work on improving the bingie skin. I noticed your improvements to make it a more authentic Netflix experience like changing the spotlight content widget and changing the home menu font etc.

Bingie Mod
Netlix App
Key differences

4. Plot text and font -

At work right now. If you could go Ahead and adjust the wall text in the includeshomebingie.xml send me the XML and I'll upload it to the GitHub. I'll send you a pm with my email address. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the edit for bingie after you change the information text. I have already fixed the Clearlogos to make them larger. I did this last week and I might have forgotten to upload to the GitHub.
The info text does look plain and I have played around with this as well but could never really decided on one so just left it alone. Plus no one had said anything about it before. Lol Big Grin. I'll change it a little and take some screenshots and you can let me know what you like the best. The red indicator on home I really didn't like and I think I removed the code, don't remember. The rating I'll have to look into. I haven't seen them look like that with round circles before. I'll have to check when I get off work tomorrow.

Here is the larger Clearlogos.
Titan Bingie Mod
@AchillesPunksHeres Netflix Inspired Font !
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0