• 35(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-09-03, 13:56)HugoL Wrote: Are you sure you have it enabled?
No I disabled it like Jooode mentioned.. Normally it's enabled but that indeed causes the issue which is weird.
But disabling it keeps the frame fixed somehow so happy that works!
(2020-09-03, 14:00)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 13:38)Jooode Wrote: you have something wrong with your skin, it works for me with fixed frame and new changes, try to update again or remove and install again
If I choose to delete this skin including the skin settings and then install the skin again from scratch, can I use the skinhelper backup addon to restore all my previous settings including submenus and all widgets? I don't really want to have to start over.. Or can I copy some xmls that contain these settings?

Just have fixed frame disabled for now. We’ll get round to fixing it.

It shouldn’t bother you that much. after all, you didn’t even notice from Joodes video that it was disabled which is understandable because the difference is minimal. I think Netflix may even work this way anyway.
Fixed frames have been fixed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-03, 14:07)HugoL Wrote: Just have fixed frame disabled for now. We’ll get round to fixing it.

It shouldn’t bother you that much. after all, you didn’t even notice from Joodes video that it was disabled which is understandable because the difference is minimal. I think Netflix may even work this way anyway.
The first time I disabled the fixed focus the frame would move through the widgets, you could actually see the frame jumping right.
Now it works as if fixed frame is actually enabled somehow, so that's good, I don't mind the settings.
My problem is with my submenus not working. Thought maybe it's a bug and I should completely remove the skin and reinstall.. Normally I uninstall the skin but keep the settings, but maybe that's what's causing my issue with the submenus.. But before I delete everything I want to make sure I can easily get all my skinsettings back.
(2020-09-03, 13:45)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 13:20)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 12:50)HugoL Wrote: So does your submenu work? I just downloaded the update and it’s working.

Also, what happened with your issue with the widgets moving gradually moving up into the more info section?

Not sure if I still have the issue or not before the mod overwrote Bingie so all my widgets stuck when I installed the new update it installed as a separate skin and I have to plug in all my settings and add all my widgets I only added 2 as I drank my coffee before coming to work to check out the new look. I still have about 40 widgets to add when I get home Im at work right now Ill check when  get home and report back to you.

I’m guessing you can just copy all your widgets over using one of the xmls in your previous xml folder to the new one. I think it’s scriptshortcutincludes.xml (or something written very similar to this).

I don’t have a colour theme by the way. I have hard coded most of my text colours in the xmls. If Achilles has used this code in the xmls (haven’t checked yet) then unfortunately you won’t have much choice in the matter either. Changing colour schemes or trying to change the colours in settings won’t work for the specific text colours I’ve changed.
I think he's referring to my Netflix color theme. Yes color changes that have been made are hard coded. I should remove the settings so people are not trying to change them and wounder why they don't work.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-03, 14:16)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 14:07)HugoL Wrote: Just have fixed frame disabled for now. We’ll get round to fixing it.

The first time I disabled the fixed focus the frame would move through the widgets, you could actually see the frame jumping right.
Now it works as if fixed frame is actually enabled somehow, so that's good, I don't mind the settings.
My problem is with my submenus not working. Thought maybe it's a bug and I should completely remove the skin and reinstall.. Normally I uninstall the skin but keep the settings, but maybe that's what's causing my issue with the submenus.. But before I delete everything I want to make sure I can easily get all my skinsettings back.
The best thing is to remove the skin and do a fresh install.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-03, 14:24)AchillesPunks Wrote: The best thing is to remove the skin and do a fresh install.
Yes that's the plan, but can you tell me if restoring my skinsettings from a backup could break things?
Or can I copy some xmls over, would that be better? Assuming there are xmls containing all my skinsettings in userdata?

Not sure about the submenu issue. I just went through every Movie, and TV submenu and everything is working perfect.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-03, 14:32)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 14:24)AchillesPunks Wrote: The best thing is to remove the skin and do a fresh install.
Yes that's the plan, but can you tell me if restoring my skinsettings from a backup could break things?
Or can I copy some xmls over, would that be better? Assuming there are xmls containing all my skinsettings in userdata?

I updated the Github so Fixed frames do work now.

Now if your just trying to backup your widgets and all skin setting? The inbuilt backup would work perfect as long as your backup is saved on your computer somewhere.
Titan Bingie Mod
One thing i found disturbing after installing new update  , then we have to do our personal thing to change again each time.
(2020-09-03, 14:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 13:45)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 13:20)cscott1 Wrote: Not sure if I still have the issue or not before the mod overwrote Bingie so all my widgets stuck when I installed the new update it installed as a separate skin and I have to plug in all my settings and add all my widgets I only added 2 as I drank my coffee before coming to work to check out the new look. I still have about 40 widgets to add when I get home Im at work right now Ill check when  get home and report back to you.

I’m guessing you can just copy all your widgets over using one of the xmls in your previous xml folder to the new one. I think it’s scriptshortcutincludes.xml (or something written very similar to this).

I don’t have a colour theme by the way. I have hard coded most of my text colours in the xmls. If Achilles has used this code in the xmls (haven’t checked yet) then unfortunately you won’t have much choice in the matter either. Changing colour schemes or trying to change the colours in settings won’t work for the specific text colours I’ve changed.
I think he's referring to my Netflix color theme. Yes color changes that have been made are hard coded. I should remove the settings so people are not trying to change them and wounder why they don't work.
You should default the fixed frame setting to disabled too or just remove it.  It's just weird and unnatural. I've never really looked at the option until now and I hate it. This can't be the way Netflix has it otherwise I would have noticed, and it must cause issues for everyone who uses different layouts for their widgets (landscape & poster for example).

It still jumps right. Nothing has changed in that respect from the original Bingie skin. That's exactly what it should be doing and that is what it's doing in Joode's video and it must still definitely be happening for you now. It jumps right from position 1 and returns back to position 1 along with the next poster. 

Nothing's changed, you're just remembering the feature incorrectly. 

I just tried out fixed frame enabled and it looks really unnatural and will always cause problems if you have more that one layout for your widgets. Almost positive that's not how Netflix works but I'd have to double check.
(2020-09-03, 15:02)nazim12 Wrote: One thing i found disturbing after installing new update  , then we have to do our personal thing to change again each time.

Hopefully skin settings will be saved from one update to the next in subsequent updates.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-03, 15:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 15:02)nazim12 Wrote: One thing i found disturbing after installing new update  , then we have to do our personal thing to change again each time.

Hopefully skin settings will be saved from one update to the next in subsequent updates.
This was a fault caused by the previous update having a different name in the addon.xml for some reason. Joode/Achilles corrected this but it meant that this new update actually became a new mod. It shouldn't happen again and you can delete the old mod if you've got everything you need from it.
(2020-09-03, 15:10)HugoL Wrote:

It still jumps right. Nothing has changed in that respect from the original Bingie skin. That's exactly what it should be doing and that is what it's doing in Joode's video and it must still definitely be happening for you now. It jumps right from position 1 and returns back to position 1 along with the next poster. 

Nothing's changed, you're just remembering the feature incorrectly. 

I just tried out fixed frame enabled and it looks really unnatural and will always cause problems if you have more that one layout for your widgets. Almost positive that's not how Netflix works but I'd have to double check.

I'm not sure what jumping everyone is talking about. When enabled mine sets still no movement until I move my PC TV remote. Fixed framed should stay working now as long as we don't edit the size of the Posters. I will have it set to disabled for the default.

@HugoL
Excellent work work on the side menus, and everything else you have added.
Titan Bingie Mod
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0