• 36(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
@AchillesPunks @HugoL @Jooode
If I remember correctly in the early days of the Bingie skin, the fixed frame was a highly requested feature because it didn't exist yet..
Before, the widget would stay static and the border would move right till it reached the right side of the screen and then the widget would start moving while the border stayed on the right side.
I think my mind was playing tricks on me remembering that, so when I saw the border "jumping" I thought that's what it was doing.
But now I see what's happening and turned fixed frame off because it really looks way better than with fixed frame on!
I just deleted the skin, reinstalled it and restored the skinsettings backup, now everything is working correctly!
So a big thank you and thumbs up for everyone working on this skin, it's perfect!
(2020-09-03, 11:46)HugoL Wrote: Can point you to the right place to remove it from the xmls though if you wish.
I almost forgot could you maybe tell me which xmls to edit to remove the Netflix logo everywhere?
(2020-09-03, 15:58)Desperados Wrote: @AchillesPunks @HugoL @Jooode
If I remember correctly in the early days of the Bingie skin, the fixed frame was a highly requested feature because it didn't exist yet..
Before, the widget would stay static and the border would move right till it reached the right side of the screen and then the widget would start moving while the border stayed on the right side.
I think my mind was playing tricks on me remembering that, so when I saw the border "jumping" I thought that's what it was doing.
But now I see what's happening and turned fixed frame off because it really looks way better than with fixed frame on!
I just deleted the skin, reinstalled it and restored the skinsettings backup, now everything is working correctly!
So a big thank you and thumbs up for everyone working on this skin, it's perfect!
Yeah Desperados I remember too the fixed frame fix was much rejoiced back in the day second only to fixed verticle fixed focus lol
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-03, 07:53)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 01:17)AchillesPunks Wrote: Github has been updated with all the latest changes.

@cscott1
I haven't forgotten about you. Little more time... Still waking myself up. I'm having a hard time looking at these xml's right now.

What changes has been updated ? Kindly mention in every update , so that we could undo if some thing goes wrong.

Sideblade menu improvements including - removed panel and focus highlights and replaced with a diffuse. Font improvements including focused font is bold.  Red line indicator now remains static rather than incorrectly moving with focus. Also added option for Netflix logo at the top instead of profile name/picture.

slim menu gets an (almost)working red line indicator. incorrectly disappears if you select the same hub twice in succession. Correctly reappears when switching hubs.

New static Netflix logo in Hub (no option to remove yet)

Small details row improvements - straightened up the resolution/audio description, UK icon age certs. looks better in the details row as I adjusted the spacing, but it negatively impacts US icons making their rectangle icons smaller, see below (going to see if I can fix this but I think the default should be old MPAA text until we can work on button controls @AchillesPunks 

Tiny US MPAA icons!

At least UK is looking good though! As always, if you want UK icons, scrape UK certificates with Metadata editor, switch to the UK includesmediaflags.xml and enable large colour flags  in Library Media Codec settings.

New spotlight corner diffuse image too for more visibility of artwork and a more square looking diffuse as opposed to the previous rounder corner (see picture below)  Looks to be more in line with Netflix.

Achilles added a cheeky little red Netflix N to headers.  Not too sure on this one. Does it really need to be on every widget header? I'm also noticing some weird behaviour in the bingie more details section where the "N" appears randomly. 

Clearlogos got smaller (sorry!), but the flipside is spotlight details row and the clearlogos are now at the correct height. You'll just lose the width of the typical Netflix clearlogo. But if you want the Netflix style wide clear logos, you'll have to edit them yourself or try and source them somewhere.  Try the Netflix add-on too, all their clearlogos now display at the right size.

Don't know if I'm missing anything else, that's the major ones anyway.
(2020-09-03, 16:11)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 11:46)HugoL Wrote: Can point you to the right place to remove it from the xmls though if you wish.
I almost forgot could you maybe tell me which xmls to edit to remove the Netflix logo everywhere?
Includeshomebingie.xml.

There's 2 image controls from lines 332 to 354.  Delete that whole section.
(2020-09-03, 16:43)HugoL Wrote: Includeshomebingie.xml.

I see they mention two images, bingie_logo.png and flat2.png, would it be enough to just delete these two files from the extras folder?
It's easier and I noticed the Netflix logo as well in hubs and the settings page, so I'm guessing I would have to edit more xmls to delete the Netflix logo on those screens too?
(2020-09-03, 17:09)Desperados Wrote:

I see they mention two images, bingie_logo.png and flat2.png, would it be enough to just delete these two files from the extras folder?
It's easier and I noticed the Netflix logo as well in hubs and the settings page, so I'm guessing I would have to edit more xmls to delete the Netflix logo on those screens too?
It would be enough yeah. Probably best to remove the code though.

No such luck for the logos elsewhere though as I think those images are in the .xbt. You'd have to remove the code from XMLs.  Don't know where those ones are at moment.
@HugoL: Diffuse Image is not looking good , Its too black and not visible , edges  diffuse will look fine though
(2020-09-03, 17:24)HugoL Wrote: No such luck for the logos elsewhere though as I think those images are in the .xbt. You'd have to remove the code from XMLs.  Don't know where those ones are at moment.
Well I think I'll leave the logo in home then as well, wouldn't make sense to remove it in home if I still have it in other views..
Another question, I'm thinking about switching to UK ratings. If I scrape UK ratings, would they overwrite my US ratings or will I have both?
And how do I switch to the right UK files? I see there are two of them IncludesBingie(UK) and IncludesHomeBingie(UK).
Do I remove the other files or rename the UK files? I don't understand..
(2020-09-01, 12:16)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-01, 10:33)Samouraicop Wrote: If I want to add a second "myhub" I can't change widget, it's the same for all "myhub"

Maybe you have to go to skinsettings > configure shortcuts > lock widgets in hubs > disable that option.
Go to the hubs whose widgets you want to edit and after go back to the settings to lock the widgets in hubs again.

I tried, but it's the same issue. All myhub created have the same widget like the first myhub.
I used myhub but maybe I can use something else?
The only thing I want it's each menu element have widget like Home element.
(2020-09-03, 18:01)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 17:24)HugoL Wrote: No such luck for the logos elsewhere though as I think those images are in the .xbt. You'd have to remove the code from XMLs.  Don't know where those ones are at moment.
Well I think I'll leave the logo in home then as well, wouldn't make sense to remove it in home if I still have it in other views..
Another question, I'm thinking about switching to UK ratings. If I scrape UK ratings, would they overwrite my US ratings or will I have both?
And how do I switch to the right UK files? I see there are two of them IncludesBingie(UK) and IncludesHomeBingie(UK).
Do I remove the other files or rename the UK files? I don't understand..

Did I say includesbingie.xml? I meant to say it needs UK includesmediaflags.xml

Those other 2 UK xmls are redundant now and need removing from the mod.

Using Metadata editor to scrape UK certs will overwrite your US ones. Switch back at any time though of course. Took me less than 20 mins to scrape around 600 films. This has the added bonus of updating all critic ratings too.

You don’t need to scrape tv shows if you don’t want to, the icons will still show although not quite as accurately. TV-MA will show up as an 18 cert for example whereas in reality the UK cert would be either 15 or 18 depending on the exact show.

Just rename the Current Includesmediaflags.xml to includesmediaflagsUS.xml (or something similar) and rename the UK version to just includesmediaflags.xml
(2020-09-03, 18:07)Samouraicop Wrote: All myhub created have the same widget like the first myhub
You can only use each hub once I think, so you have home, movies, tv shows, new and my hub I believe..
(2020-09-03, 18:31)HugoL Wrote: Just rename the Current Includesmediaflags.xml to includesmediaflagsUS.xml (or something similar) and rename the UK version to just includesmediaflags.xml
Thanks for the explanation!
(2020-09-03, 18:31)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 18:07)Samouraicop Wrote: All myhub created have the same widget like the first myhub
You can only use each hub once I think, so you have home, movies, tv shows, new and my hub I believe..

You can make more than that too I think I have 7 or 8 a few of my hubs are linked to addons each hub has like 7 or 8 widgets so you can have over 40 different widgets.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-03, 17:09)Desperados Wrote:

Please remove the code or comment it out in the xml. I am adding the Netflix logo and flat2 png to the texture.xbt folder
Titan Bingie Mod
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0