• 51(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
Change log for 1.0.6? looked on the Intro page not showing yet.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-16, 21:22)cscott1 Wrote: Change log for 1.0.6? looked on the Intro page not showing yet.

All done, thanks.
well for me everything is  good in last update. i really like spotlight fanart  background height and width with dark boarders but inner side bright pic, this is good

https://i.postimg.cc/Bn5sQtZC/image.png 
https://i.postimg.cc/RZ059d8v/image.png

a little more zoom will do great impact.
Anybody else still have the Netflix logo on the homescreen even though settings say it is disabled?
(2020-09-15, 23:49)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 22:50)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 20:23)Blackysb Wrote: This is what  i have if that helps.
https://imgur.com/2akIeKp
https://imgur.com/xRw9nJT

Yep. You’re missing the landscape art in Episode View too. I really can’t figure that one out!

That is something you guys added that wasn't in the original Bingie nor is it in Netflix I actually prefer it with out the landscape art on that page but that's just my opinion it looks good but I'm a Netflix purest lol.
Well it's someone else's work and I'd rather not mess it up if I can help it. 

I think it's getting pretty close to Netflix now but there will always be a big limitation beyond the control of the skin no matter how many other changes are made.  Unfortunately, it's the biggest factor too if you really want it look like Netflix.

The limitation is the artwork.  Specifically the posters and clearlogos.  Netflix posters are designed really nicely, with simple subtle differences that make it fit for purpose. Predominantly light coloured poster all the way to the edges that make it well defined and pop against it's black background instead of darker poster edges that end up bleeding into a black background.  Also, the artwork is typically a nice big close up, appreciating the fact that it's only a thumbnail so needs a big clean image. Typical multipurpose scraped poster art has no reason to follow principles like this and so they typically don't.  These 2 subtle things end up making a  big difference.

The clearlogos are another big factor. Their artwork nearly always utilises it's whole height box (around 300 pixels or so) meaning no large gaps between the artwork and the movie info. And of course, it can extend much wider, making it a completely different aspect ratio to Kodi recommended aspect ratio. They also left align their artwork rather than centre align them so there's a nice uniformity with the rest of the left aligned details row, plot and additional information section.

So there's some tips to consider for users to improve their artwork because it's beyond what the skin can do.

By cheating and using the Netflix add-on to get their artwork you can see something that's very close to Netflix. Take away their artwork and you're left with something sorrier and less Netflix looking.

Bingie Mod 1.06 with Netflix artwork vs without
ImageImage
(2020-09-16, 23:21)nazim12 Wrote: well for me everything is  good in last update. i really like spotlight fanart  background height and width with dark boarders but inner side bright pic, this is good

This isn't a great representation of what the mod is or what we've been working towards. These are your own personal edits and it's great that your doing you're own thing and you're enjoying it! 

But just to make others aware, it's quite far removed from the work we've been doing lately trying to get close to Netflix :-)
(2020-09-16, 23:21)nazim12 Wrote: well for me everything is  good in last update. i really like spotlight fanart  background height and width with dark boarders but inner side bright pic, this is good

I forgot to add, what you're asking with the zoom is not something I'd be interested in implementing but I can show you where you can find these values. 

Also, not too sure if you're aware but changing these values will mess up your artwork, particularly the type of left focused artwork you are displaying in your pictures!
(2020-09-17, 00:48)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 22:50)HugoL Wrote: Yep. You’re missing the landscape art in Episode View too. I really can’t figure that one out!

That is something you guys added that wasn't in the original Bingie nor is it in Netflix I actually prefer it with out the landscape art on that page but that's just my opinion it looks good but I'm a Netflix purest lol.

I think it's getting pretty close to Netflix now but there will always be a big limitation beyond the control of the skin no matter how many other changes are made.  Unfortunately, it's the biggest factor too if you really want it look like Netflix.

The limitation is the artwork.  Specifically the posters and clearlogos.  Netflix posters are designed really nicely, with simple subtle differences that make it fit for purpose. Predominantly light coloured poster all the way to the edges that make it well defined and pop against it's black background instead of darker poster edges that end up bleeding into a black background.  Also, the artwork is typically a nice big close up, appreciating the fact that it's only a thumbnail so needs a big clean image. Typical multipurpose scraped poster art has no reason to follow principles like this and so they typically don't.  These 2 subtle things end up making a  big difference.

The clearlogos are another big factor. Their artwork nearly always utilises it's whole height box (around 300 pixels or so) meaning no large gaps between the artwork and the movie info. And of course, it can extend much wider, making it a completely different aspect ratio to Kodi recommended aspect ratio. They also left align their artwork rather than centre align them so there's a nice uniformity with the rest of the left aligned details row, plot and additional information section.

So there's some tips to consider for users to improve their artwork because it's beyond what the skin can do.

By cheating and using the Netflix add-on to get their artwork you can see something that's very close to Netflix. Take away their artwork and you're left with something sorrier and less Netflix looking.

ImageImage

Yeah I agree with everything you said the art you pick can definitely make or break your Netflix look with every single show and movie I noticed with the latest update the spotlight was reduced to fit above the in focus (top) widget definitely making more fanart work but they seem focused further out than Netflix so smaller it's a fine line hard to get perfect but you guys are doing a really good job.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-17, 02:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 23:49)cscott1 Wrote: That is something you guys added that wasn't in the original Bingie nor is it in Netflix I actually prefer it with out the landscape art on that page but that's just my opinion it looks good but I'm a Netflix purest lol.

ImageImage

Yeah I agree with everything you said the art you pick can definitely make or break your Netflix look with every single show and movie I noticed with the latest update the spotlight was reduced to fit above the in focus (top) widget definitely making more fanart work but they seem focused further out than Netflix so smaller it's a fine line hard to get perfect but you guys are doing a really good job.

The spotlight didn’t change. What you’re noticing is the focused widget slightly lowered.

This wasn’t planned. It’s a consequence of fixing an issue with the landscape widgets. The header for the third row Widget was slightly peaking out From the bottom and looked unsightly showing a few pixels of text so I had the push everything down slightly to hide it. This also affected the poster widgets.
Could someone help me with the display tags that seem to be lower than normal on my landscape homescreen widget?

(2020-09-17, 03:35)SuperSlo Wrote: Could someone help me with the display tags that seem to be lower than normal on my landscape homescreen widget?

I never noticed the tags because I don’t use them. I’ll take a look but what’s up with the rest of your view??

Your Aspect ratio looks all wrong and where’s all your text too? Also your spotlight looks really small.
(2020-09-13, 15:43)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: Hi - my widget headers scroll with the plot. Any way to fix this please (without just disabling plot scroll)? Thanks!

Could someone help with this please - still happening with latest update with default font. If I change to 'original' font the widget headers do not scroll with the plot (but 'original' font s not sized as well as default).
(2020-09-17, 12:09)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-13, 15:43)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: Hi - my widget headers scroll with the plot. Any way to fix this please (without just disabling plot scroll)? Thanks!

Could someone help with this please - still happening with latest update with default font. If I change to 'original' font the widget headers do not scroll with the plot (but 'original' font s not sized as well as default).

Can you take a video?
(2020-09-15, 22:50)HugoL Wrote: Yep. You’re missing the landscape art in Episode View too. I really can’t figure that one out!

ImageImage

Looking at your two pictures another subtle difference is the info dialog of awards or extra info. to the the right of the red circle art. It would be cool if you could add a a few text lines matching the small font of something there honestly dont care what is even says or what its scraped from maybe the first three lines of extended info if there isnt a good place to scrape info of awards and director info or whatnot.
(2020-09-17, 12:09)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:

Don’t worry about the video! Just read your message properly.

Wow, plot scrolls hey? Don’t you get full plot in video dialogues now? If not you should scrape plot outlines with your scraper. They’re shorter and look so much better.

Also for longer plots you will get full plot through plots & critics in the video dialogue section.

Just switch off plot scrolls for now and I’ll look into why the header is scrolling soon.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0