• 54(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
Possibly dumb question, possibly a feature request.

Is there any way to cache the spotlight widgets locally so that they load nigh instantly? There are times when it feels like a solid minute goes by before the spotlights load. It'd be nice if there was an option to cache that information somehow so it loads quickly.
(2020-09-18, 01:04)bornagainpengui Wrote: Possibly dumb question, possibly a feature request.

Is there any way to cache the spotlight widgets locally so that they load nigh instantly? There are times when it feels like a solid minute goes by before the spotlights load. It'd be nice if there was an option to cache that information somehow so it loads quickly.

Easy just point the spotlight to a smart playlist.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-18, 01:04)bornagainpengui Wrote: Possibly dumb question, possibly a feature request.

Are you talking about The spotlight corner image or the spotlight content widget that displays full screen?

Spotlight corner image should be instant. Spotlight content widget may take a few seconds while your widgets are loading.

What platform are you on?
(2020-09-18, 01:21)HugoL Wrote:

Are you talking about The spotlight corner image or the spotlight content widget that displays full screen?

Spotlight corner image should be instant. Spotlight content widget may take a few seconds while your widgets are loading.

I'm on LibreELEC, and occasionally on Ubuntu-Mate 20.04. Mostly I am on LibreELEC. And yeah I'm talking about the large full screen widget. It's certainly not loading in seconds for me.

Does it query the library or load from the add-ons via the internet?
(2020-09-18, 01:26)bornagainpengui Wrote:

I'm on LibreELEC, and occasionally on Ubuntu-Mate 20.04. Mostly I am on LibreELEC. And yeah I'm talking about the large full screen widget. It's certainly not loading in seconds for me.

What like in a raspberry pie or something? Sometimes more really is better I doubt Bingie will perform well on that platform.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD

It’s queries however you’ve set it in settings menu. Are you having this issue while cycling though your widgets to the spotlight content widget or just when you first boot bingie mod?

Do you have automatic trailers enabled?
(2020-09-18, 01:29)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:21)HugoL Wrote: Are you talking about The spotlight corner image or the spotlight content widget that displays full screen?

What like in a raspberry pie or something? Sometimes more really is better I doubt Bingie will perform well on that platform.
No! No way. I do have an rpi3 and I learned very quickly that I needed to be smart about what skins I used on it.

This is happening on an HP elitedesk 705 G3 with an AMD A10 processor and Radeon R7 Graphics using the x64 pc port. It's powerful enough, trust me!
(2020-09-18, 01:34)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:21)HugoL Wrote: Are you talking about The spotlight corner image or the spotlight content widget that displays full screen?

It’s queries however you’ve set it in settings menu. Are you having this issue while cycling though your widgets to the spotlight content widget or just when you first boot bingie mod?
It happens when I start, once it loads eventually it will be fine for a while but it takes entirely too long to load which is why I asked if it was getting the information from the net. For some reason it takes a while for the network to load up on these HP EliteDesk 705 G3 minis.
(2020-09-18, 01:34)cscott1 Wrote:

I do not. That makes it even worse. I only use trailers in the main library not on the home screens.
(2020-09-18, 01:50)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:34)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:26)bornagainpengui Wrote: I'm on LibreELEC, and occasionally on Ubuntu-Mate 20.04. Mostly I am on LibreELEC. And yeah I'm talking about the large full screen widget. It's certainly not loading in seconds for me.

I do not. That makes it even worse. I only use trailers in the main library not on the home screens.

Are you pointing the spotlight to an add-on or something in your library?
(2020-09-18, 01:53)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:50)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:34)cscott1 Wrote: Do you have automatic trailers enabled?

No just to show the shows based on what I'm watching. That's the only setting I changed on the main screen.
(2020-09-18, 01:54)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:53)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:50)bornagainpengui Wrote: I do not. That makes it even worse. I only use trailers in the main library not on the home screens.

No just to show the shows based on what I'm watching. That's the only setting I changed on the main screen.

That didn't exactly answer my question. Do you have a library of actual media or do you stream from an add-on?
(2020-09-18, 01:57)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:54)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:53)cscott1 Wrote: Are you pointing the spotlight to an add-on or something in your library?

That didn't exactly answer my question. Do you have a library of actual media or do you stream from an add-on?
Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood!

I have everything on a large 10tb external hard drive via USB 3.0. It's all local content. I even scrape my trailers locally so I'm not dependent on the YouTube addon.
(2020-09-18, 02:00)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:57)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-18, 01:54)bornagainpengui Wrote: No just to show the shows based on what I'm watching. That's the only setting I changed on the main screen.

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood!

I have everything on a large 10tb external hard drive via USB 3.0. It's all local content. I even scrape my trailers locally so I'm not dependent on the YouTube addon.

There is definitely something wrong then it should be smooth as butter with that configuration I'm not familiar with liberalec only android and windows not sure that is your problem. Do you have either one of those platforms you could copy your build to test?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0