• 65(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-09-29, 21:34)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 20:08)AchillesPunks Wrote: I only say this after reading some of the post.

If you feel there is a problem, just tap the moderators on their shoulders.
Will do thank you.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-29, 22:04)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 21:46)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 21:31)cscott1 Wrote: I always had about 35 widgets or so using the landscape view for widgets it never was a problem no lag no overlap on my Nvidia Shield at all but all but one of my widgets came from smart playlists in my library and only one from an add-on at the end of my widgets. I don't know why there would be any lag in widgets coming from anyone's library because everything is cached. Now if 30+ widgets came from add-ons or the skin helper widgets it would probably be a laggy mess. For the Poster view I have removed about a half dozen of my more obscure smart playlist widgets. To get my number to 29 and everything works perfectly but the fix would still be nice.

All my widgets were non skinhelper, non addon. So do 35+ widgets in poster view cause any lag issues? 

Now I'm wondering if it's poster layout specific.  I reset all my widgets so I can't even check if this was poster layout specific or not without adding all those widgets back.

The overlap is most definitely a poster view specific problem at least it is not a problem in landscape so it has something to do with the total height of the widgets on the home screen. I don't recall having any lag issues with the posters when I had 35 but I'll add them back to test.
I'm sure I can fix this problem with the poster issue.
Titan Bingie Mod
Did a few tests to show the single widget and overlap bugs present in Poster view but not in landscape not sure if that will help any but couldn't hurt here is a short video.

https://youtu.be/rIhVPjKicQs
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-29, 22:57)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 22:04)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 21:46)HugoL Wrote: All my widgets were non skinhelper, non addon. So do 35+ widgets in poster view cause any lag issues? 

Now I'm wondering if it's poster layout specific.  I reset all my widgets so I can't even check if this was poster layout specific or not without adding all those widgets back.

The overlap is most definitely a poster view specific problem at least it is not a problem in landscape so it has something to do with the total height of the widgets on the home screen. I don't recall having any lag issues with the posters when I had 35 but I'll add them back to test.
I'm sure I can fix this problem with the poster issue.

Sweet fingers crossed.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-29, 22:58)cscott1 Wrote: Did a few tests to show the single widget and overlap bugs present in Poster view but not in landscape not sure if that will help any but couldn't hurt here is a short video.

https://youtu.be/rIhVPjKicQs

That's great thanks.  Yep, that's the behaviour I noticed.  I don't get the lag either now after a new install including wiping the user data. Let's leave this with Achilles, sounds like he's got this covered.  

You can reset the widgets back to normal position by scrolling down (not up) past the spotlight content widget.  That's why in theory. adding a second spotlight content widget before you get to the 29th widget should prevent this problem. Might look into it trying to implement another one somehow if Achilles can't fix it.
(2020-09-29, 19:30)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 19:15)spinecho Wrote:
(2020-09-28, 22:40)HugoL Wrote: We brought out a new update.

1.07 changelog:

- Added option to keep the slim menu static (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Added option to remove profile from sideblade menu (Settings>Homescreen layout>Menu Options)

- Fixed red line indicator on slim menu disappearing if selecting same hub in succession. 

- Improved visuals for profile button on menu.

- Added DTS/DTSHD logos for Details row.

- Changed the font size and colour on plots to match Netflix.

- US MPAA ratings get their own logos on details row if enabled, either a rectangle style or a UK styled round version depending on setting (settings>home screen layout>Details  Options)

- Added a colour option for IMDB/RT ratings on details row dependant on monochrome/colour ratings settings in homelayout settings. Note: selecting IMDB/RT rating on details row also changes the footer ratings (if enabled), removing redundant RT & IMDB ratings. Studio logos won't work on this footer currently.

- improved MPAA flagbox/text on details row. Box now scales with label width instead of being a set width (basically means a better fitting box regardless of text width, especially useful for addons with unusual MPAA ratings like "Mature", "Guidance", etc."

- Fixed rotten tomatoes rating width on the footers so it's no longer truncated.

- Fixed % watched tags on widgets so their no longer truncated.

- Fixed label tag/overlay on landscape widgets not displaying properly

- Improvements to New Episode tag to match Netflix

-Fixed landscape art disappearing from episode view.

To do:
Fix  widget headers scrolling when plot scroll is enabled.  
Fix progress bars displaying incorrectly
Fix Studios not working with RT/IMDB details row option.
Fix bug with details row MPAA icons fallback to text not working correctly in Bingie Poster view library.
This is awesome, thanks for your hard work guys!
I would also like to say thanks very much for the work on this skin. Bingie was the only skin I really liked, but it had some flaws that niggled me - this is now pretty much perfect for me!

I haven't forgotten about your plot scroll issue. It's just I can't find any scroll conditions associated with the widget headers so it's confusing me quite a bit.

I have a couple of options for you though.  

1. I can reduce the font size of the widget header which will prevent it from scrolling (bit weird having headers smaller than the plot text size!)  

Or..

2. I can give you 2 extra plot lines in the info dialog screen (below)
Its current got a max height set for 4 lines, but 6 lines should get you full plots with one click without even needing the plot scroll setting (which is really ugly anyway!).

Anyway, let me know if either is good for you and pm me your email and I'll get it over to you.
(2020-09-30, 01:19)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 19:30)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 19:15)spinecho Wrote: This is awesome, thanks for your hard work guys!
I would also like to say thanks very much for the work on this skin. Bingie was the only skin I really liked, but it had some flaws that niggled me - this is now pretty much perfect for me!

I haven't forgotten about your plot scroll issue. It's just I can't find any scroll conditions associated with the widget headers so it's confusing me quite a bit.

1. I can reduce the font size of the widget header which will prevent it from scrolling (bit weird having headers smaller than the plot text size!)  

Or..

Its current got a max height set for 4 lines, but 6 lines should get you full plots with one click without even needing the plot scroll setting (which is really ugly anyway!).

Anyway, let me know if either is good for you and pm me your email and I'll get it over to you.
Thanks very much HugoL, but don't worry about changing font size or number of lines. I re-scraped all my films using Universal Movie Scraper & that pretty much sorted out getting shorter plot outlines that fit. TV Shows I'm finding tricky - have tried to re-scrape with TMDb & TVDB but with both when I run Metadata editor I can see no plot outline is there (just full plot). For now I've disabled additional info in the skin & so that now shows mostly full plots on the home screen, as there are a few more lines available to fit them in. Would still like to have the scrolling working but not a deal breaker at all.
(2020-09-30, 09:21)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 01:19)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 19:30)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: I would also like to say thanks very much for the work on this skin. Bingie was the only skin I really liked, but it had some flaws that niggled me - this is now pretty much perfect for me!

Or..

Thanks very much HugoL, but don't worry about changing font size or number of lines. I re-scraped all my films using Universal Movie Scraper & that pretty much sorted out getting shorter plot outlines that fit. TV Shows I'm finding tricky - have tried to re-scrape with TMDb & TVDB but with both when I run Metadata editor I can see no plot outline is there (just full plot). For now I've disabled additional info in the skin & so that now shows mostly full plots on the home screen, as there are a few more lines available to fit them in. Would still like to have the scrolling working but not a deal breaker at all.
If it helps at all, on a previous version of the skin where you could choose which font to use (now greyed out on current version so can't test), if I chose 'original' font in the interface settings then there was no scrolling problem, it was with 'skin default' font that the scrolling issue was present. No expert, but would this mean is something to do with the font somehow, rather than the includes xmls?
(2020-09-30, 09:49)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 09:21)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 01:19)HugoL Wrote: I haven't forgotten about your plot scroll issue. It's just I can't find any scroll conditions associated with the widget headers so it's confusing me quite a bit.

Or..

If it helps at all, on a previous version of the skin where you could choose which font to use (now greyed out on current version so can't test), if I chose 'original' font in the interface settings then there was no scrolling problem, it was with 'skin default' font that the scrolling issue was present. No expert, but would this mean is something to do with the font somehow, rather than the includes xmls?

It is the widget header font size yeah but it’s defined in the includes xmls (and fonts.xml)

I removed the original font because I didn’t want to have to maintain different fonts making sure they all work properly within the modified text boxes I made to prevent plots looking like big block walls of text.

The header still worked with the original font because it defaulted to smaller size (a standard Kodi text size/font) due to not being maintained properly. This is why I offered you the option of reducing the size of the widget header.
(2020-09-30, 10:19)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 09:49)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 09:21)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: Thanks very much HugoL, but don't worry about changing font size or number of lines. I re-scraped all my films using Universal Movie Scraper & that pretty much sorted out getting shorter plot outlines that fit. TV Shows I'm finding tricky - have tried to re-scrape with TMDb & TVDB but with both when I run Metadata editor I can see no plot outline is there (just full plot). For now I've disabled additional info in the skin & so that now shows mostly full plots on the home screen, as there are a few more lines available to fit them in. Would still like to have the scrolling working but not a deal breaker at all.

It is the widget header font size yeah but it’s defined in the includes xmls (and fonts.xml)

I removed the original font because I didn’t want to have to maintain different fonts making sure they all work properly within the modified text boxes I made to prevent plots looking like big block walls of text.

The header still worked with the original font because it defaulted to smaller size (a standard Kodi text size/font) due to not being maintained properly. This is why I offered you the option of reducing the size of the widget header.
OK - thanks for the reply - understood. Think I'll keep with what's there already, & try & sort out getting plot outlines scraped for my TV Shows.
(2020-09-29, 20:06)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 17:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 14:27)nazim12 Wrote: @Achiles  @HugoL    : When home screen single widget row (After  approx. 25th row)  will be solved ?

I probably won't support single widget row but I have looked into this on multiple widgets. If we fix it here, maybe single widget row will get fixed too.
I had a look by setting up 35+ widgets. The focus position/widget height always changes on the 29th widget with poster layout.  Doesn't seem to affect landscape layout however. I think this ties in with @cscott1 issue.

Besides the widget height issue, having this many widgets turned my UI into a laggy mess.  How does anyone have this many widgets and put up with that??

@AchillesPunks 

One workaround could be to put another spotlight content widget at some point before the 29th widget, which should in theory, reset the focus to the proper position, just like the current spotlight content widget does. And I'm totally all for having a second spotlight content widget in between normal widgets anyway, especially if we can get it to customise content so it's different to the first one. Netflix actually does this now. 

No idea how to implement this though. I had a quick look how the first one was created but I couldn't work it out.  Any ideas?
I have a really good idea how to fix this already, and I'm 99% sure it will work. I just haven't gotten around to adding that many widgets. I will though when I can get back to editing things. I'm only available for short periods at time right now.
I have a M.2 Samsung 970 1000Gig ssd, and a 1000 ssd and with multiple widgets even my system slows a little, and it really does take a lot to slow it.
Thanks for your consideration , I am using on PC Kodi , which is Extra super fast compare to Shield or android , Some time Kodi background addons make CPU Usage 100%, that cause to load widget slow and we blame skin mostly .
(2020-09-30, 10:59)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 20:06)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 17:20)HugoL Wrote: I probably won't support single widget row but I have looked into this on multiple widgets. If we fix it here, maybe single widget row will get fixed too.
I had a look by setting up 35+ widgets. The focus position/widget height always changes on the 29th widget with poster layout.  Doesn't seem to affect landscape layout however. I think this ties in with @cscott1 issue.

Besides the widget height issue, having this many widgets turned my UI into a laggy mess.  How does anyone have this many widgets and put up with that??

@AchillesPunks 

One workaround could be to put another spotlight content widget at some point before the 29th widget, which should in theory, reset the focus to the proper position, just like the current spotlight content widget does. And I'm totally all for having a second spotlight content widget in between normal widgets anyway, especially if we can get it to customise content so it's different to the first one. Netflix actually does this now. 

No idea how to implement this though. I had a quick look how the first one was created but I couldn't work it out.  Any ideas?
I have a really good idea how to fix this already, and I'm 99% sure it will work. I just haven't gotten around to adding that many widgets. I will though when I can get back to editing things. I'm only available for short periods at time right now.
I have a M.2 Samsung 970 1000Gig ssd, and a 1000 ssd and with multiple widgets even my system slows a little, and it really does take a lot to slow it.
Thanks for your consideration , I am using on PC Kodi , which is Extra super fast compare to Shield or android , Some time Kodi background addons make CPU Usage 100%, that cause to load widget slow and we blame skin mostly .
Yes mine does that too for some reason. CPU goes to 30% makes my Fan's kick on. I just restart Kodi usually fixes it.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-09-30, 10:24)stevenpaulletcher Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 10:19)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 09:49)stevenpaulletcher Wrote: If it helps at all, on a previous version of the skin where you could choose which font to use (now greyed out on current version so can't test), if I chose 'original' font in the interface settings then there was no scrolling problem, it was with 'skin default' font that the scrolling issue was present. No expert, but would this mean is something to do with the font somehow, rather than the includes xmls?

OK - thanks for the reply - understood. Think I'll keep with what's there already, & try & sort out getting plot outlines scraped for my TV Shows.

I decided to take a look at the font size for the widget header in the end, & changed the font in 'includeshomewidgets.xml', starting at line 1440 below. Changed it from 32 to 30 - looks OK on my screen (although smaller than plot it's in bold so looks absolutely fine). Now have scrolling plot with no widget header scrolling so am a very happy bunny!

<include name="widget_header_single">
        <control type="radiobutton" id="$PARAM[mainmenuid]505">
            <include condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),enhanced)">widget_header_enhancedhome</include>
            <include content="textoffsetx" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(WidgetAlignRight) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),bingie) + !Skin.HasSetting(EnhancedHome_Circular)">
                <param name="textoffsetx" value="bingie_no_circular_posx"/>
            </include>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(WidgetAlignRight)">widget_single_header_leftalign</include>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(WidgetAlignRight) + !String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),enhanced)">widget_header_rightalign</include>
            <include condition="![String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),bingie) | $EXP[IsVerticalLayout] | String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),enhanced)]">widget_header_single_fade</include>
            <width>100%</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <align>left</align>
            <aligny>top</aligny>
            <font>Reg30</font>
            <textoffsetx>5</textoffsetx>
            <label>$VAR[widgetlabel-$PARAM[mainmenuid]]</label>
            <textcolor>$INFO[Skin.String(ViewDetailsTextColor)]</textcolor>
            <shadowcolor>$INFO[Skin.String(ViewDetailsTextShadowColor)]</shadowcolor>
            <onfocus>SetProperty(ShowWidget,1,home)</onfocus>
hey guys can someone help me out please im trying to disable the percentage icon on the widgets and else where i know i could do this by editing a xml file but i dont know which xml file i have to edit and what to edit

Thank you
(2020-09-30, 22:15)jrod10133 Wrote: hey guys can someone help me out please im trying to disable the percentage icon on the widgets and else where i know i could do this by editing a xml file but i dont know which xml file i have to edit and what to edit

Thank you

I’m guessing your talking about in progress media %?

General skin settings under media items indicators, toggle indicator for in progress items.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0