• 90(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
Guys since the last update I'm finding that if I just leave the skin to just sit and rotate the posters without any intervention within five minutes the kodi and the skin will crash and return me to my shield desktop. Now I know without seeing the log its hard for anyone to say what is causing this to crash but any ideas ?

I haven't done anything other than the upgrade. I will look at the log but sadly I can only interpret so much of it. Anyway ideasHuh?

Thanks in advance.
Having issue with the Bingie not showing vietnamese language correctly.  The origin Bingie skin didn't have any problem. I even switch the Kodi language to Viet but don't seem to help.

https://ibb.co/CtB9zLs
(2020-11-03, 05:11)minhgi Wrote: Having issue with the Bingie not showing vietnamese language correctly.  The origin Bingie skin didn't have any problem. I even switch the Kodi language to Viet but don't seem to help.

https://github.com/billythekids/plugin.video.bimozie

The fonts in bingie mod skin not support vietnamese character.
And the Addon you used is illegal and not supported by kodi communication
Hi All,

just a short question can this skin/mod can be used with Kodi19 already? I tried to follow the installation instruction but the skin itself does not show up (repositories do)...

Best Regards and thanks in advance
(2020-11-03, 09:06)roninf Wrote: Hi All,

just a short question can this skin/mod can be used with Kodi19 already? I tried to follow the installation instruction but the skin itself does not show up (repositories do)...

Best Regards and thanks in advance
The skin is compatible with kodi 19 but not skin wigets
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-11-03, 02:25)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 02:23)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 02:18)mathu204 Wrote: Image 1 is from a fresh install yes, i even fresh installed a second time. I noticed this if it might be of help to you; I didnt use the set up guide or whatever so when i loaded in for the first time the only widget that loaded was the category widget which wasnt a poster aspect it was more rectangular, but the white postrer sized box was still around it this was when i first noticed somethign was up.

Okay thank you i will set a spotlight to try and fix it, im using this on a laptop but the resolution is still kinda wierd im not sure how to explain it but it looks much clearer on arctic horizon or auramod, when i look at the back button i can even see it pixelated around the edges and stuff. About the other things alright thank you for answering everything.

Regarding the season thing that is unfortunate, i like to use TMDB Helper as my main addon for widgets and stuff and just redirect through Disney +, Netflix, and others rather than library integration. I tried it once and it broke all my watched statuses and stuff it was just weird for me, i do know it loads widgets so much faster but I can never find a clear guide on how to library integrate and or fix sync issues. Is there a reason you don't make it work like auramod or atleast add it as an alternative option? It would be really great and for me as of now is the only thing missing for my personal uses
The original skin creator Cartman made it work like this. To be honest, I don't know for sure what I'm telling you is right as the only addon I'm using as a widget is the Netflix addon.  It's really not that bad. Flatten the season level and it goes straight to episode view.  Yeah, you don't all the seasons listed together on the left but you do get all the episodes from each season on the right and you do get the correct season displaying on the left.

No idea how auramod works.  And it's not something I'm personally capable of implementing.  So it has a Netflix style episode view that works for addons?
Quote:the box is slightly off, and it leaves some of the poster at the bottom outside of the box and it is just bugging me lol, i know its not a major issue but still just thought id post it.

Regarding the resolution thing I realized what i had wrong on my laptop was that the resolution was on 1360 or whatever, i changed it to 1280x720 and it looked better atleast so i thought, but everytime i go into fullscreen it goes back into the 1360 resolution in the settings but now for some reason i cant tell if this is just a placebo, it looks better anyway. The poster resolution still looks like it could be slightly better but the text on the main menu labels on the left look proper now it used to look squished. anyways just ignore this part cause i have no idea what im talking about.

If someone can help get that box all the way around the poster correctly to help me from getting annoyed everytime i see it would be much appreciated.

As I mentioned previously, switch off "fixed frame in home and hubs". This isn't currently supported as it's broken in a couple of ways.  We took it out, brought it back for testing purposes and forgot to disable it for users. 

I understand what you're saying about the font looking "squished". The correct resolution for the skin is 1080p which is 1920x1080.  This is the correct option you need to select in your Kodi display settings.  Set it (with fullscreen enabled) and then reboot Kodi for it to display properly and then check your display settings again to make sure it sticks.

If your laptop doesn't support that then I guess the next best thing is 1280x720. And as I mentioned, set it (with full screen enabled) and then reboot Kodi.
(2020-11-03, 05:38)haicaoboi87 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 05:11)minhgi Wrote: Having issue with the Bingie not showing vietnamese language correctly.  The origin Bingie skin didn't have any problem. I even switch the Kodi language to Viet but don't seem to help.

Yep, I could bring back the original font (if this was working for Vietnamese characters) but would need some work to make sure its now compatible with all the cosmetic changes we made first.
(2020-11-03, 12:13)HugoL Wrote:

Yep, I could bring back the original font (if this was working for Vietnamese characters) but would need some work to make sure its now compatible with all the cosmetic changes we made first.
I think its better if you add an full unicode font to your skin. I have some japan films that the native title is japanest characters, so that i have to manual change title to Latin characters. The best full unicode font free that i see is the font included in the experience 1080 skin  Blush
This is something i thought and i see. Hope this help
Ok so I recently copied my Bingie Mod build from a year old kodi 19 fork to kodi 18.9 everything worked fine to my amazement except one kind of important thing I get compressing Database when doing a TV show Library scan and it fails to update my library. I know this isn't skin related but I know there are some knowledgeable folks that work on the Bingie Mod and contribute here. I believe I have a corrupt database. Is there a file I need to delete or edit somewhere for kodi to rebuild that might fix my problem so I don't have to rescan my entire library? I have spent so many hours selecting artwork and putting together Tags and custom smart playlists to make my build look just like Netflix the thought of starting over makes me feel ill and is the my very last option that I'm not ready to entertain.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-03, 12:13)HugoL Wrote:

Would appreciate it.... I now noticed also switch the kodi language to viết. The interface throughout the skin affect kodi as a whole and not just that one specific addon. Didn't realize it was unicode issue.
(2020-11-03, 14:46)cscott1 Wrote: Ok so I recently copied my Bingie Mod build from a year old kodi 19 fork to kodi 18.9 everything worked fine to my amazement except one kind of important thing I get compressing Database when doing a TV show Library scan and it fails to update my library. I know this isn't skin related but I know there are some knowledgeable folks that work on the Bingie Mod and contribute here. I believe I have a corrupt database. Is there a file I need to delete or edit somewhere for kodi to rebuild that might fix my problem so I don't have to rescan my entire library? I have spent so many hours selecting artwork and putting together Tags and custom smart playlists to make my build look just like Netflix the thought of starting over makes me feel ill and is the my very last option that I'm not ready to entertain.

Not sure but a couple things come to mind.

1. Playlists shouldn't be affected by the database. You should be able to just copy your playlists over from your playlist folder.

2. If you use Artworkbeef to download all your artwork, it’s stored locally in their respective TV and movie folders. So when you copy over the necessary folders the new database can be built from them including the artwork.

No idea if there’s a better way that can fix your database though. Pretty sure Kodi 18 will have differently named databases so you probably can’t just transfer the whole Kodi Data folder over but your addon folder and other user data should be transferable.
(2020-11-02, 14:08)ronnel Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 14:01)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 13:37)ronnel Wrote: Great! Indeed, this is even more neat than what I have thought. Will definitely change my settings into this! Thanks.

Btw, can you take a screenshot of the new look of the latest infopanel diffuse? I'd like to see the difference.
I never use it but since Achilles was doing some work on it, I thought I'd make the text clearer.
Previous vs New
ImageImage

Nice! This is the diffuse for infopanel that I wanted, the plot is much more readable. Can you point me which xml is this?

Here's the code for the diffuse but again, I'm still not sure why you need it since it's already used in 1.08.  Or you not using 1.08?

Starts at line 2914 in IncludesOSD.xml

xml:
<!-- background -->
            <control type="image">
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>100%</height>
                <texture background="true" border="15">bingie/sidediffuse.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>ff000000</colordiffuse>
            </control>
(2020-11-03, 16:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 14:46)cscott1 Wrote: Ok so I recently copied my Bingie Mod build from a year old kodi 19 fork to kodi 18.9 everything worked fine to my amazement except one kind of important thing I get compressing Database when doing a TV show Library scan and it fails to update my library. I know this isn't skin related but I know there are some knowledgeable folks that work on the Bingie Mod and contribute here. I believe I have a corrupt database. Is there a file I need to delete or edit somewhere for kodi to rebuild that might fix my problem so I don't have to rescan my entire library? I have spent so many hours selecting artwork and putting together Tags and custom smart playlists to make my build look just like Netflix the thought of starting over makes me feel ill and is the my very last option that I'm not ready to entertain.

Not sure but a couple things come to mind.

1. Playlists shouldn't be affected by the database. You should be able to just copy your playlists over from your playlist folder.

2. If you use Artworkbeef to download all your artwork, it’s stored locally in their respective TV and movie folders. So when you copy over the necessary folders the new database can be built from them including the artwork.

No idea if there’s a better way that can fix your database though. Pretty sure Kodi 18 will have differently named databases so you probably can’t just transfer the whole Kodi Data folder over but your addon folder and other user data should be transferable.
yeah thanks that does help I copied the addons and userdata folders over to do the transfer. Ill do as you suggest and copy the folders you mentioned over and a few more that I know I need. If I have to go through and redo my kodi and skin settings that's not nearly as daunting of a task as a complete wipe and rebuild.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-03, 12:09)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 02:25)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 02:23)mathu204 Wrote: Okay thank you i will set a spotlight to try and fix it, im using this on a laptop but the resolution is still kinda wierd im not sure how to explain it but it looks much clearer on arctic horizon or auramod, when i look at the back button i can even see it pixelated around the edges and stuff. About the other things alright thank you for answering everything.

Regarding the season thing that is unfortunate, i like to use TMDB Helper as my main addon for widgets and stuff and just redirect through Disney +, Netflix, and others rather than library integration. I tried it once and it broke all my watched statuses and stuff it was just weird for me, i do know it loads widgets so much faster but I can never find a clear guide on how to library integrate and or fix sync issues. Is there a reason you don't make it work like auramod or atleast add it as an alternative option? It would be really great and for me as of now is the only thing missing for my personal uses
The original skin creator Cartman made it work like this. To be honest, I don't know for sure what I'm telling you is right as the only addon I'm using as a widget is the Netflix addon.  It's really not that bad. Flatten the season level and it goes straight to episode view.  Yeah, you don't all the seasons listed together on the left but you do get all the episodes from each season on the right and you do get the correct season displaying on the left.

No idea how auramod works.  And it's not something I'm personally capable of implementing.  So it has a Netflix style episode view that works for addons?
Quote:the box is slightly off, and it leaves some of the poster at the bottom outside of the box and it is just bugging me lol, i know its not a major issue but still just thought id post it.

Regarding the resolution thing I realized what i had wrong on my laptop was that the resolution was on 1360 or whatever, i changed it to 1280x720 and it looked better atleast so i thought, but everytime i go into fullscreen it goes back into the 1360 resolution in the settings but now for some reason i cant tell if this is just a placebo, it looks better anyway. The poster resolution still looks like it could be slightly better but the text on the main menu labels on the left look proper now it used to look squished. anyways just ignore this part cause i have no idea what im talking about.

If someone can help get that box all the way around the poster correctly to help me from getting annoyed everytime i see it would be much appreciated.

As I mentioned previously, switch off "fixed frame in home and hubs". This isn't currently supported as it's broken in a couple of ways.  We took it out, brought it back for testing purposes and forgot to disable it for users. 

I understand what you're saying about the font looking "squished". The correct resolution for the skin is 1080p which is 1920x1080.  This is the correct option you need to select in your Kodi display settings.  Set it (with fullscreen enabled) and then reboot Kodi for it to display properly and then check your display settings again to make sure it sticks.

If your laptop doesn't support that then I guess the next best thing is 1280x720. And as I mentioned, set it (with full screen enabled) and then reboot Kodi.

Great thanks for the insight. And yes auramod achieves the Netflix season view in addons and library alike not sure how it’s done, I think I actually saw a screenshot once of Titan mod doing too, anyways thanks and I do hope maybe one day it can be added or considered.
Hi, need some more help and some questions, so I tried to add a home main menu item for anime. "Anime 2" in the screenshot and originally put the action to my anime videos folder, and then i set up few widgets for it. https://imgur.com/a/zSfcp7A (more explanation in the images too sorry i am not really explaining this correctly)

I set it up and when i went to to click on it instead of showing the hub with the widgets I set it sent me to that folder, i realized i was doing something wrong because i needed to set up the action to rather than send to my anime videos folder, to show the widgets i set up for that specific main menu item. Also the widgets for Anime 2 started showing up in Home.

Im not sure what the correct action is though to get that, in common I see a few hubs that are Home, TV Hub, Movie Hub, My Hub and New Hub. TV, Home, New were already being used so am I correct to assume only these 4 hubs can show widgets and you cant set up more than that? What is the point of showing Widgets for all these main menu items then? 

How I got this to work was by making Anime 1, and putting the action to My Hub, and then using the Unlock Hubs function set up spotlight and widgets, but then in the configure skin settings, none of those widgets show up and i cant add any from there I have to do it through Unlock hubs. I just found it confusing at first but my questions are

1. Am i not able to have widgets outside the Hubs? (Movie, TV, New, and My)
2. Am I not able to have more than those 4 hubs?
3. I also tried to set up My Custom List as an item and add both Movie and TV Watchlist from TMDB Helper, but it seems I can only set one widget for that item. Am I correct to assume I cant add more widgets to My Custom list? I had to use My custom list since from my understanding I cant add more Hubs or else i wouldve just added an extra hub and set widgets ilke that.
4. How can I set widgets for hubs from the configure skin settings, cause for the Home main menu item I can set widgets from there but not the other hubs.

5.Also this one is a feature request or question, is it possible to set different aspects for different widgets rather than all widgets being set to Poster or Landscape? My Custom List uses Landscape while the rest are Poster, but I cant change any individually, I would like to have My next episodes widget as landscape and the rest poster.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0