• 100(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-11-07, 00:41)cscott1 Wrote: @mathu204 here is a quick video to get you started with your tags and smart playlists... I was a couple beers in when I made it so I could have probably done a better job of outlining step by step for different kinds of playlists but just experiment I'm sure you will figure it out I did and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

https://youtu.be/KwKrc94MiOw
its great my friend thanks Ill keep looking into, and educating myself on it Big Grin.

My next question to all you guys is how do you guys make your library like theres so much f-in stuff to choose from. 

Im actually just starting a Trakt LIst called Disney Plus complete catalogue for movies and tv seperately and im gonna add everything one by one over time lol. Wont do it in one day but whenever i have free time and im streaming ill probably do it.
(2020-11-07, 02:15)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 00:41)cscott1 Wrote: @mathu204 here is a quick video to get you started with your tags and smart playlists... I was a couple beers in when I made it so I could have probably done a better job of outing step by step for different kinds of playlists but just experiment I'm sure you will figure it out I did and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just watched your video. What happened to these nice new icons we made for you?

@mathu204, Following on from this helpful video, you can access playlists through Bingie by going to your library and then bring up the library context menu (left off widget focus if using bingie views) and select this option:

There, you will find the edit playlist option.   Tags aren't actually necessary in a lot of cases. Anything you see in skin playlists can just be recreated with this option, of course with your own set of rules. 

I've got a playlist with rules that will just show my favourite directors for example, another for only displaying titles with specific actors. And then you can even combine these playlists to make a new playlist with all the rules from both. It's really simple when you know how.

You also have the option of doing it through a text editor using XML which must be a lot quicker once you're comfortable with the format of a smart playlist file. I'm going to do this myself soon I think.

So you see in the search hub how theres multiple lists under the keyboards? How can I add my own smart playlists there if its possible? 

And is it also possible to download someone elses smart playlists and tags? Like obviously it wouldnt fill my library with the content from it, but all the parameters and tags like with the search playlists, if i have content that meets the set parameters,tags or whatever it would show up.

Im going to make my own smart playlists too though I made a test playlist pertaining to Chadwick Boseman and it worked.

Also @AchillesPunks I have an HDMI but i dont use it, plus i just reinstalled windows on this laptop and havent used the hdmi since, i use it for my drawing tablet before reinstalling windows but not to a TV. But its fine its not breaking the skin for me so its okay

and @HugoL how can i access the new icons? Can you tell me the folder location?
(2020-11-07, 09:48)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 00:41)cscott1 Wrote: @mathu204 here is a quick video to get you started with your tags and smart playlists... I was a couple beers in when I made it so I could have probably done a better job of outlining step by step for different kinds of playlists but just experiment I'm sure you will figure it out I did and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

its great my friend thanks Ill keep looking into, and educating myself on it Big Grin.

My next question to all you guys is how do you guys make your library like theres so much f-in stuff to choose from. 

Im actually just starting a Trakt LIst called Disney Plus complete catalogue for movies and tv seperately and im gonna add everything one by one over time lol. Wont do it in one day but whenever i have free time and im streaming ill probably do it.

I just use my trakt app on my phone. Anything I see that’s interesting, I just click “add to my collection” and then just let Trakt and Kodi do their thing. And like magic, it appears on TV with nice artwork and meta scraped! (not really but close enough!)
(2020-11-07, 09:51)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 02:15)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 00:41)cscott1 Wrote: @mathu204 here is a quick video to get you started with your tags and smart playlists... I was a couple beers in when I made it so I could have probably done a better job of outing step by step for different kinds of playlists but just experiment I'm sure you will figure it out I did and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just watched your video. What happened to these nice new icons we made for you?

@mathu204, Following on from this helpful video, you can access playlists through Bingie by going to your library and then bring up the library context menu (left off widget focus if using bingie views) and select this option:

There, you will find the edit playlist option.   Tags aren't actually necessary in a lot of cases. Anything you see in skin playlists can just be recreated with this option, of course with your own set of rules. 

I've got a playlist with rules that will just show my favourite directors for example, another for only displaying titles with specific actors. And then you can even combine these playlists to make a new playlist with all the rules from both. It's really simple when you know how.

You also have the option of doing it through a text editor using XML which must be a lot quicker once you're comfortable with the format of a smart playlist file. I'm going to do this myself soon I think.

So you see in the search hub how theres multiple lists under the keyboards? How can I add my own smart playlists there if its possible? 

And is it also possible to download someone elses smart playlists and tags? Like obviously it wouldnt fill my library with the content from it, but all the parameters and tags like with the search playlists, if i have content that meets the set parameters,tags or whatever it would show up.

Im going to make my own smart playlists too though I made a test playlist pertaining to Chadwick Boseman and it worked.

Also @AchillesPunks I have an HDMI but i dont use it, plus i just reinstalled windows on this laptop and havent used the hdmi since, i use it for my drawing tablet before reinstalling windows but not to a TV. But its fine its not breaking the skin for me so its okay

Without editing the xmls, there’s no way to provide more search terms there.

Yes, it’s possible to use someone’s playlist. Essentially, this is what you’re doing with the skin playlists. They’re just in a different folder to the ones you create.

The new icons are set by default. If you’ve changed them, currently the only way to get them back is by restoring the menu to default I believe.

Going to see about including them in another folder so you can access them in the normal icon folder too.
(2020-11-07, 09:51)mathu204 Wrote: And is it also possible to download someone elses smart playlists and tags? Like obviously it wouldnt fill my library with the content from it, but all the parameters and tags like with the search playlists, if i have content that meets the set parameters,tags or whatever it would show up.

Here's a really simple template just for mixing genres to give you an example.

You can use a text editor to alter this template and then save it as a .xsp file and put it in your playlist folder.

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Horror &amp; Comedy Series</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="contains">
        <value>Comedy</value>
        <value>Horror</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
    <limit>200</limit>
</smartplaylist>

Change the <name> tag to something relevant. change the <value> tags within the rule field to your required genres. Save.  Can't get much quicker than that!
(2020-11-07, 10:12)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 09:48)mathu204 Wrote:

I just use my trakt app on my phone. Anything I see that’s interesting, I just click “add to my collection” and then just let Trakt and Kodi do their thing. And like magic, it appears on TV with nice artwork and meta scraped! (not really but close enough!)

I see Im not using collection but its fine, also I have another questoin thats not skin related.

1. Might be due to TMDB Helper or whatever Addon i played with but basically i had resume points in an episode of Kill La kill (an anime), and Seinfeld. Both of these were library integrated so i had the little red bar and everything. That was this morning, then about a few hours ago I opened up Kodi and the resume points were missing, I still had the next up but no resume points, and the finish watching episodes widget disappeared (due to no content being in there).

When i played the episode of Kill La Kill, my addon picked up the resume point just fine so why do you think my Library lost the resume point?

2. How can i sync watched statuses, and resume points across different kodi builds? 
  Basically my audio was weird and i switched builds to another Kodi build with Library integration done (to see if it was a build specific problem [it wasnt]) , and all trakt settings enabled; i finished the episode in the other build and switched back and i updated library waited for the trakt sync notificatoins, but the episode did not update i had to manually do it.

Granted its not the end of the world and im not pissed or anything that it didnt update, but if it possible to be able to sync across different kodi builds or if im doing something to hinder it, or there are specific settings i need to enable, some info would be nice. Thank you Big Grin
(2020-11-07, 10:21)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 09:51)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 02:15)HugoL Wrote: Just watched your video. What happened to these nice new icons we made for you?

Yes, it’s possible to use someone’s playlist. Essentially, this is what you’re doing with the skin playlists. They’re just in a different folder to the ones you create.

The new icons are set by default. If you’ve changed them, currently the only way to get them back is by restoring the menu to default I believe.

Going to see about including them in another folder so you can access them in the normal icon folder too.
Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you
(2020-11-07, 11:20)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 09:51)mathu204 Wrote: So you see in the search hub how theres multiple lists under the keyboards? How can I add my own smart playlists there if its possible? 

Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you
OK , the demo video just posted above was not clear , When you create a playlist using estuary skin , it should not allow you to do things manual like in a video where he said pick the movie one by one referral to your title selected  , but instead , Playlist creation using TAGS works like Auto Selection from your library data base , let say you chooses TAG  " Alien Invasion " then It will instantly recognize  Auto select all Movies of Alien Invasion from your KODI LIBRARY SOURCE ( if any) .

So the Question is from where we can get these thousand of  TAGS ? remember its not in playlist creation .
How can I extract the smart playlists from the search menu as well they seem like a good place to start
(2020-11-07, 12:23)mathu204 Wrote: How can I extract the smart playlists from the search menu as well they seem like a good place to start

The best place to start is the the addon playlist folder. It contains all the genre smart lists used for your widgets. Or just the the code I did for you in my last post which should look near identical to the double genre playlists found in the skin.
(2020-11-07, 09:51)mathu204 Wrote: So you see in the search hub how theres multiple lists under the keyboards? How can I add my own smart playlists there if its possible? 

Look a few post up. @HugoL gave you an example with the code. Just copy that into it's own XML and follow his instructions.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-11-07, 12:33)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 10:21)HugoL Wrote: Without editing the xmls, there’s no way to provide more search terms there.

Look a few post up. @HugoL gave you an example with the code. Just copy that into it's own XML and follow his instructions.

I meant to import that double genre list, into the search term lists Xml
(2020-11-07, 12:31)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 12:23)mathu204 Wrote: How can I extract the smart playlists from the search menu as well they seem like a good place to start

The best place to start is the the addon playlist folder. It contains all the genre smart lists used for your widgets. Or just the the code I did for you in my last post which should look near identical to the double genre playlists found in the skin.

Sorry stupid question where can I find that. And it includes the lists from the search hub?
(2020-11-07, 13:01)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 12:33)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 11:20)mathu204 Wrote: Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you

I meant to import that double genre list, into the search term lists Xml

Haven’t looked but that’s probably going to require editing certain xmls and not just the playlists.

Just stick with editing playlists for your widgets for now since this is where the magic happens on your homescreen.

Your search playlists won’t do anything for your homescreen.
(2020-11-07, 13:02)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 12:31)HugoL Wrote:

Sorry stupid question where can I find that. And it includes the lists from the search hub?

Find your bingie mod addon folder. Inside is a folder called playlists you can use as examples.

Don’t save your new playlists here. They will just get wiped during an update.

Search for you userdata folder and find the playlist folder inside it. You can save your new playlists there.

And no, these won’t show up in search as far as I’m aware. This would require editing skin xmls As I mentioned earlier.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0