• 101(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-11-07, 13:25)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 13:02)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 12:31)HugoL Wrote: The best place to start is the the addon playlist folder. It contains all the genre smart lists used for your widgets. Or just the the code I did for you in my last post which should look near identical to the double genre playlists found in the skin.

Sorry stupid question where can I find that. And it includes the lists from the search hub?

Find your bingie mod addon folder. Inside is a folder called playlists you can use as examples.

Don’t save your new playlists here. They will just get wiped during an update.

Search for you userdata folder and find the playlist folder inside it. You can save your new playlists there.

And no, these won’t show up in search as far as I’m aware. This would require editing skin xmls As I mentioned earlier.
Thank you and yes what I meant by does it include the search playlists is: Does this playlists folder include the "Playlists" from the search menu that i could then copy and use for my homescreen; as you said ill forget about adding stuff to the search XML, but since the search hub has many preconfigured lists/playlists already id like to import them to my homescreen basically (or to my playlilsts folder or whatever from which i could then place as widgets on my homescreen)
(2020-11-07, 13:52)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 13:25)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 13:02)mathu204 Wrote: Sorry stupid question where can I find that. And it includes the lists from the search hub?

Find your bingie mod addon folder. Inside is a folder called playlists you can use as examples.

Don’t save your new playlists here. They will just get wiped during an update.

Search for you userdata folder and find the playlist folder inside it. You can save your new playlists there.

And no, these won’t show up in search as far as I’m aware. This would require editing skin xmls As I mentioned earlier.
Thank you and yes what I meant by does it include the search playlists is: Does this playlists folder include the "Playlists" from the search menu that i could then copy and use for my homescreen; as you said ill forget about adding stuff to the search XML, but since the search hub has many preconfigured lists/playlists already id like to import them to my homescreen basically (or to my playlilsts folder or whatever from which i could then place as widgets on my homescreen)

Oh OK. Yes, you should find them all in the skins playlist folder. But if you want them specifically (rather than to template from them)you should also just be able to find them when configuring your home widgets. In the configure widgets mode go to Video Library>Playlist> and you will find both the skin playlist folder files and your own playlist folder files located in one list.
(2020-11-07, 10:12)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 09:48)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 00:41)cscott1 Wrote: @mathu204 here is a quick video to get you started with your tags and smart playlists... I was a couple beers in when I made it so I could have probably done a better job of outlining step by step for different kinds of playlists but just experiment I'm sure you will figure it out I did and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

https://youtu.be/KwKrc94MiOw
its great my friend thanks Ill keep looking into, and educating myself on it Big Grin.

My next question to all you guys is how do you guys make your library like theres so much f-in stuff to choose from. 

Im actually just starting a Trakt LIst called Disney Plus complete catalogue for movies and tv seperately and im gonna add everything one by one over time lol. Wont do it in one day but whenever i have free time and im streaming ill probably do it.

I just use my trakt app on my phone. Anything I see that’s interesting, I just click “add to my collection” and then just let Trakt and Kodi do their thing. And like magic, it appears on TV with nice artwork and meta scraped! (not really but close enough!)

I used trakt as well made several different lists netflix originals for example spent countless hours copying others lists and putting my lists together at work before they banned the website from our servers lol it was probably my fault.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-04, 19:04)Desperados Wrote:
(2020-11-04, 18:58)HugoL Wrote: But I did just check the Blockbuster playlist on the Search hub and I also get nothing.  I only get one sci-fi movie there now too.  Its the same with OG Bingie.  Maybe it's some skinhelper issue.
Thanks for checking, glad it's not just me!
I just read the blockbuster playlist rules.  It states that  title must not have been played, must be less than 60 days since added and rated above 6.9.  Seems reasonable enough to me but if there's a general consensus to change it, we can.

Probably better to just do your own blockbuster smart playlist with your specific requirements and use it as a widget.
(2020-11-07, 12:01)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 11:20)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 10:21)HugoL Wrote: Without editing the xmls, there’s no way to provide more search terms there.

Yes, it’s possible to use someone’s playlist. Essentially, this is what you’re doing with the skin playlists. They’re just in a different folder to the ones you create.

The new icons are set by default. If you’ve changed them, currently the only way to get them back is by restoring the menu to default I believe.

Going to see about including them in another folder so you can access them in the normal icon folder too.
Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you
OK , the demo video just posted above was not clear , When you create a playlist using estuary skin , it should not allow you to do things manual like in a video where he said pick the movie one by one referral to your title selected  , but instead , Playlist creation using TAGS works like Auto Selection from your library data base , let say you chooses TAG  " Alien Invasion " then It will instantly recognize  Auto select all Movies of Alien Invasion from your KODI LIBRARY SOURCE ( if any) .

So the Question is from where we can get these thousand of  TAGS ? remember its not in playlist creation .

I created all my Tags myself made easier buy creating lists in Trakt for each specific show I wanted in that widget then scanned that Trakt list into my library and copied it by setting my laptop on my lap with that list and making each individual tag selecting show by show or movie by movie. I learned tags before I learned playlists so I'm not sure they are even necessary but I have them so I use them. If you find a giant list of downloadable tags somewhere Im interested to try them out as well it would definitely make making playlists easier.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-07, 14:46)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 11:20)mathu204 Wrote: Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you
OK , the demo video just posted above was not clear , When you create a playlist using estuary skin , it should not allow you to do things manual like in a video where he said pick the movie one by one referral to your title selected  , but instead , Playlist creation using TAGS works like Auto Selection from your library data base , let say you chooses TAG  " Alien Invasion " then It will instantly recognize  Auto select all Movies of Alien Invasion from your KODI LIBRARY SOURCE ( if any) .

So the Question is from where we can get these thousand of  TAGS ? remember its not in playlist creation .

I created all my Tags myself made easier buy creating lists in Trakt for each specific show I wanted in that widget then scanned that Trakt list into my library and copied it by setting my laptop on my lap with that list and making each individual tag selecting show by show or movie by movie. I learned tags before I learned playlists so I'm not sure they are even necessary but I have them so I use them. If you find a giant list of downloadable tags somewhere Im interested to try them out as well it would definitely make making playlists easier.

In my opinion it's not recommended to create each movie list by picking manually even in Trakt whearas you want them in library as well , IMDB have search engine to create it for you every genre or plot or word on AUTO basis in Kodi . I gave an example let say you want playlist of plot " split personality" you have a library data base and you don't know how many movies have this kind of plot, so when you create playlist in kodi using that word , kodi will instantly collect those movies from your source.
(2020-11-07, 11:20)mathu204 Wrote: Can you give an example of editing the xml to add my own smart playlist? Generally i would be able to follow with one example and just apply it to myself, please and thank you

Tags can be useful is some cases but in so many cases it's just not necessary. All you're doing is providing a keyword(s) for the smart playlist to search.  That's useful if you think you're metadata doesn't already include this keyword.

Take your 007 tag for example, this is a quick playlist without the tag:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Everything Bond</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="plot" operator="contains">
            <value>james bond</value>
            <value>007</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="title" operator="contains">
            <value>bond</value>
            <value>007</value>
    </rule>
<rule field="movie set" operator="contains">
            <value>bond</value>
            <value>007</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
    <limit>200</limit>
</smartplaylist>

Simply put, the playlist "Everything Bond" must contain one of the following:  ["James bond" or "007" in plot] or ["bond" or "007" in title] or ["bond" or "007" in Movie set].
(2020-11-07, 15:33)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 12:01)nazim12 Wrote: OK , the demo video just posted above was not clear , When you create a playlist using estuary skin , it should not allow you to do things manual like in a video where he said pick the movie one by one referral to your title selected  , but instead , Playlist creation using TAGS works like Auto Selection from your library data base , let say you chooses TAG  " Alien Invasion " then It will instantly recognize  Auto select all Movies of Alien Invasion from your KODI LIBRARY SOURCE ( if any) .

In my opinion it's not recommended to create each movie list by picking manually even in Trakt whearas you want them in library as well , IMDB have search engine to create it for you every genre or plot or word on AUTO basis in Kodi . I gave an example let say you want playlist of plot " split personality" you have a library data base and you don't know how many movies have this kind of plot, so when you create playlist in kodi using that word , kodi will instantly collect those movies from your source.

I agree the way I did it was not ideal but not all the shows I wanted in each widget were showing up with other methods. For example I wanted to have a Netflix original tv shows widget using networks and picking Netflix only shows about half of the Netflix shows. That's just me being picky tho you can make tons of widgets with easier methods.
(2020-11-07, 16:03)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 15:33)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 14:46)cscott1 Wrote: I created all my Tags myself made easier buy creating lists in Trakt for each specific show I wanted in that widget then scanned that Trakt list into my library and copied it by setting my laptop on my lap with that list and making each individual tag selecting show by show or movie by movie. I learned tags before I learned playlists so I'm not sure they are even necessary but I have them so I use them. If you find a giant list of downloadable tags somewhere Im interested to try them out as well it would definitely make making playlists easier.

I agree the way I did it was not ideal but not all the shows I wanted in each widget were showing up with other methods. For example I wanted to have a Netflix original tv shows widget using networks and picking Netflix only shows about half of the Netflix shows. That's just me being picky tho you can make tons of widgets with easier methods.

These are some Tags screen shots while creating playlists ,Total of 11171 Items , We can add Multiple Genre Combos (Double or Triplet )

https://i.postimg.cc/qRpWhxwH/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/5NtYqcy6/image.png

Look at the beauty of Tags ,Female Boxing , Female Cops, Female Agent  etc (All Alphabetical )

BTW , Netflix original Filtered is there.
(2020-11-07, 22:40)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 16:03)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 15:33)nazim12 Wrote: In my opinion it's not recommended to create each movie list by picking manually even in Trakt whearas you want them in library as well , IMDB have search engine to create it for you every genre or plot or word on AUTO basis in Kodi . I gave an example let say you want playlist of plot " split personality" you have a library data base and you don't know how many movies have this kind of plot, so when you create playlist in kodi using that word , kodi will instantly collect those movies from your source.

These are some Tags screen shots while creating playlists ,Total of 11171 Items , We can add Multiple Genre Combos (Double or Triplet )

Look at the beauty of Tags ,Female Boxing , Female Cops, Female Agent  etc (All Alphabetical )

You made those tags or you downloaded them from somewhere?
(2020-11-07, 22:57)mathu204 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 16:03)cscott1 Wrote: I agree the way I did it was not ideal but not all the shows I wanted in each widget were showing up with other methods. For example I wanted to have a Netflix original tv shows widget using networks and picking Netflix only shows about half of the Netflix shows. That's just me being picky tho you can make tons of widgets with easier methods.

No its impossible to made those giant Tags . Its  downloaded .
(2020-11-07, 16:03)cscott1 Wrote: I agree the way I did it was not ideal but not all the shows I wanted in each widget were showing up with other methods. For example I wanted to have a Netflix original tv shows widget using networks and picking Netflix only shows about half of the Netflix shows. That's just me being picky tho you can make tons of widgets with easier methods.

Nice! I’m going to use these to build some next level playlists. How do I get these?
(2020-11-07, 23:20)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 22:40)nazim12 Wrote: These are some Tags screen shots while creating playlists ,Total of 11171 Items , We can add Multiple Genre Combos (Double or Triplet )

No its impossible to made those giant Tags . Its  downloaded .

Downloaded from where?
(2020-11-07, 23:42)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 22:40)nazim12 Wrote: These are some Tags screen shots while creating playlists ,Total of 11171 Items , We can add Multiple Genre Combos (Double or Triplet )

Nice! I’m going to use these to build some next level playlists. How do I get these?

I already told earlier , Just Scrap Library using " Universal Movie Scraper"

https://i.postimg.cc/SxN43qCp/image.png            (Get Keyword & save  as  Tag from themoviedb enabled)
https://i.postimg.cc/kGnYGMnJ/image.png            (Plot , Tagline, Outline from IMDB) 
https://i.postimg.cc/02zdfKHg/image.png          
https://i.postimg.cc/vTknjX2J/image.png
Great work, is there a way for me to create a new menu for different types of TV shows?
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0