• 109(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-11-17, 16:39)matke Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 15:55)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 15:05)matke Wrote: Image
Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.
Yes. TMDB Helper.
I stand corrected. It must be on the front end as an information provider you could use popcornflix on the backend as your media source for testing.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.
Yes. TMDB Helper.
OK but I just set up a TMDB helper widget and I'm not able to get the MPAA and run time metadata on the details row like you have on any titles in the widget (unless it's a title already in my library).

In your image, is the focussed item a title already in your library or do you get the details row metadata on all tmdb helper titles in the widget?
(2020-11-17, 16:43)cscott1 Wrote:

I doubt it, there are some movies still in theatres listed on there. Cartman had me do some testing with addons on a vanilla OG Bingie over a year ago. We used the legit addon PopcornFlix to do testing.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198931
OK thanks. I'm going to swerve that for now since I know the skin is working as expected with the  likes of the Netflix addon. My guess is PopcornFlix probably works ok too.

I'm more interested in getting a helper like TMDB helper to work properly and then maybe we can incorporate some stuff like "top 10" and trending, etc.  Like maybe using it's metadata to add some poster tags and new sublabels.
(2020-11-17, 19:20)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 16:43)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 15:55)HugoL Wrote: Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.

I doubt it, there are some movies still in theatres listed on there. Cartman had me do some testing with addons on a vanilla OG Bingie over a year ago. We used the legit addon PopcornFlix to do testing.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198931
OK thanks. I'm going to swerve that for now since I know the skin is working as expected with the  likes of the Netflix addon. My guess is PopcornFlix probably works ok too.

I'm more interested in getting a helper like TMDB helper to work properly and then maybe we can incorporate some stuff like "top 10" and trending, etc.  Like maybe using it's metadata to add some poster tags and new sublabels.
I like the idea. I'm betting a lot of users including myself would like for the TMDB helper to work for both Library and addons alike with the Bingie Mod but one step at a time I get it.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-17, 19:06)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 15:55)HugoL Wrote: Is this a legit addon? I'm trying to see if I can make the widgets work properly for the likes of TMDB Helper and this could be a good reference point.
Yes. TMDB Helper.
OK but I just set up a TMDB helper widget and I'm not able to get the MPAA and run time metadata on the details row like you have on any titles in the widget (unless it's a title already in my library).

In your image, is the focussed item a title already in your library or do you get the details row metadata on all tmdb helper titles in the widget?
I wrote this in the topic of tmdb helper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2988574
For some reason the trakt lists from tmdb helper work perfectly and this is the screenshot with that setup. Tmdb lists have a problem with some things. I see that in the previous few updates it has not been fixed yet. I'll try to talk to him on github as well.
(2020-11-17, 20:09)matke Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 19:06)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 16:39)matke Wrote: Yes. TMDB Helper.

For some reason the trakt lists from tmdb helper work perfectly and this is the screenshot with that setup. Tmdb lists have a problem with some things. I see that in the previous few updates it has not been fixed yet. I'll try to talk to him on github as well.

Ok. And you’re sure the titles that do display properly are not in your library?

And does this problem happen with other non bingie skins?
(2020-11-17, 20:27)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 20:09)matke Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 19:06)HugoL Wrote: OK but I just set up a TMDB helper widget and I'm not able to get the MPAA and run time metadata on the details row like you have on any titles in the widget (unless it's a title already in my library).

Ok. And you’re sure the titles that do display properly are not in your library?

And does this problem happen with other non bingie skins?

Yes I'm sure since this is a screenshot from my smart box, not from a computer.
I haven't tried any skins other than this and auramode. I'll try another non bingie skins, so I'll get back to you. ;-)
Hugo L,

would it be possible to think about a widget layout "banner large" and "landscape extra large" ?

is it much work? I think they would look great
First off, excellent work on the Mod!

So, for some reason Ratings only work for me from the Home Menu after adding widgets. Is this intended?

I would like to create a TV Show Menu with widgets, but it only allows me to creat hubs. And, in hubs, the ratings don’t show for me.

Something I’m missing here?
@HugoL There is definitely a problem with tmdb helper and only with tmdb lists, trakt lists works. I tried on few non bingie skins. All the problems I mention happen in all the skins I’ve tried.
(2020-11-17, 20:41)neurosis13 Wrote: Hugo L,

would it be possible to think about a widget layout "banner large" and "landscape extra large" ?

The problem with all these layouts is that you probably don’t want every widget that layout right? You probably want to have a mix. So with a mixed layout, fixed focus widgets don’t work properly. You have to turn off the fixed focus widgets option to get your mixed widgets to scroll nicely. But then it just looks weird, the way it scrolls and cuts off the top widget and focuses on the bottom widget and you don’t get the nice fade animation for the widgets as they scroll.

Until we can get multiple widgets working nicely with fixed focus (and preferably a fixed frame) I don’t see the point in making new layouts.

Saying that, Achilles is actually trying to bring back highlight layout (without the trailer). This actually sounds like what you’re looking for.

Hopefully we can get it working with fixed focus. We’ll see!
(2020-11-17, 20:46)AlldayDad Wrote: First off, excellent work on the Mod!

So, for some reason Ratings only work for me from the Home Menu after adding widgets. Is this intended?

I would like to create a TV Show Menu with widgets, but it only allows me to creat hubs. And, in hubs, the ratings don’t show for me.

I think only your default rating works in hubs. All other ratings grabbed by skin helper won’t work for some reason.
(2020-11-17, 21:16)matke Wrote: @HugoL There is definitely a problem with tmdb helper and only with tmdb lists, trakt lists works. I tried on few non bingie skins. All the problems I mention happen in all the skins I’ve tried.

That’s good to know. Thanks!
(2020-11-17, 22:11)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 20:46)AlldayDad Wrote: First off, excellent work on the Mod!

I think only your default rating works in hubs. All other ratings grabbed by skin helper won’t work for some reason.

@HugoL Does that mean that the skin is unable to create many separate Hubs to display widgets exactly how the Home Menu is able to?

I would love to be able to have separate Menus with widgets that act exactly the same as the Home Menu does. For now, my Home has both movies and tv shows mixed together (not very neat and organized).

Thanks for the reply
Brick 
(2020-11-17, 22:00)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 20:41)neurosis13 Wrote: Hugo L,

The problem with all these layouts is that you probably don’t want every widget that layout right? You probably want to have a mix. So with a mixed layout, fixed focus widgets don’t work properly. You have to turn off the fixed focus widgets option to get your mixed widgets to scroll nicely. But then it just looks weird, the way it scrolls and cuts off the top widget and focuses on the bottom widget and you don’t get the nice fade animation for the widgets as they scroll.

Until we can get multiple widgets working nicely with fixed focus (and preferably a fixed frame) I don’t see the point in making new layouts.

Saying that, Achilles is actually trying to bring back highlight layout (without the trailer). This actually sounds like what you’re looking for.

Hopefully we can get it working with fixed focus. We’ll see!

yes I am trying to replicate the Apple TV app 

• 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0