• 123(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-12-05, 03:59)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 03:12)minhgi Wrote: Yes. Top 250, top 100, and etc works with 1.08. I do have backup prior to updating to 1.09.

I did a restore from a back up and the top 250 isnt showing either. I already purge the simplecache to be sure. Anyway, I'm thinking the top 250 data aren't getting pull. So it could be server side issue and not with titan bingie mod. I was check back on the next few days if there any change.

Awesome work btw. Thanks.

Hugo that's why I asked you if the information was cached and curious if it was just affecting new requests.Users who already had the information cached to their system wouldn't see a problem.

Definitely not.  One of the first things I tried when you were having issues was to delete my simple cache to let it rebuild and it did, pretty much near instantly, including  TV Show top250.

I just tried again. This time, it was unexpectedly doing nothing for several minutes.  I noticed some of the widgets I had configured weren't loading and I was just getting the busy spinner on them.  I removed them and then all the metadata was pulled.   

Maybe you can try resetting to default widgets again and then delete your simple cache.
(2020-12-05, 03:12)minhgi Wrote: Yes. Top 250, top 100, and etc works with 1.08. I do have backup prior to updating to 1.09.

I did a restore from a back up and the top 250 isnt showing either. I already purge the simplecache to be sure. Anyway, I'm thinking the top 250 data aren't getting pull. So it could be server side issue and not with titan bingie mod. I was check back on the next few days if there any change.

No idea why that worked but at least it's working. Just to point out that there's no difference between 1.07 through to 1.09 in terms of how this metadata is fetched so it technically shouldn't have made a difference. Maybe something else in your backup was causing issues though.

So you're getting Top 250 TV shows now right?

This is on Auramod. I am using a movie hub with 2 TMDb widgets set to random movie genres. I have it set to change labels as the movie genres randomly change and its showing all ratings without using a library. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to get the trailer to automatically play for addons. This is just to show it is possible to get everything working with hubs, we just need to figure out how. I'm at a point where I'm trying to figure out if its easier to get Auramod looking like Titan Bingie Mod or Titan Bingie Mod working like Auramod.
(2020-12-05, 18:08)johnsonsteven1986 Wrote: Image

This is on Auramod. I am using a movie hub with 2 TMDb widgets set to random movie genres. I have it set to change labels as the movie genres randomly change and its showing all ratings without using a library. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to get the trailer to automatically play for addons. This is just to show it is possible to get everything working with hubs, we just need to figure out how. I'm at a point where I'm trying to figure out if its easier to get Auramod looking like Titan Bingie Mod or Titan Bingie Mod working like Auramod.

Meh it looks ok I like the Bingie Mod better. Until they figure out TMDB helper integration you can use Trakt lists or use another addon. Most of my widgets come from my add-on integrated library but I do have one that comes straight from an add-on for new releases everything works Ratings cleartitles trailers and all the only drawback is you are stuck with whatever art the add-on provides and not get to pick your art with artwork beef.
Bingie working with addons https://imgur.com/gallery/m8CYgL0
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-12-05, 21:32)cscott1 Wrote:

Meh it looks ok I like the Bingie Mod better. Until they figure out TMDB helper integration you can use Trakt lists or use another addon. Most of my widgets come from my add-on integrated library but I do have one that comes straight from an add-on for new releases everything works Ratings cleartitles trailers and all the only drawback is you are stuck with whatever art the add-on provides and not get to pick your art with artwork beef.

I don't think it would take too much to make it look like Bingie Mod. I'm trying to learn how to skin now so hopefully I can see what Aura has that this is missing. pretty sure its something to do with the hubs but I cant figure out how the hubs are called in the code and in what order. My biggest thing is adding more custom hubs and having random widgets with changing titles from TVMb. If I could figure out how get trailers to auto play from addons I would start modding Aura to make it look more like Bingie.
(2020-12-05, 22:14)johnsonsteven1986 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 21:32)cscott1 Wrote:

I don't think it would take too much to make it look like Bingie Mod. I'm trying to learn how to skin now so hopefully I can see what Aura has that this is missing. pretty sure its something to do with the hubs but I cant figure out how the hubs are called in the code and in what order. My biggest thing is adding more custom hubs and having random widgets with changing titles from TVMb. If I could figure out how get trailers to auto play from addons I would start modding Aura to make it look more like Bingie.

If you are learning to skin why not just help out here with the Bingie Mod? I'm sure everyone would appreciate the help. If you do figure everything out in Aura Mod don't forget about us and share with the Devs here what you have learned.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-12-05, 22:39)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 22:14)johnsonsteven1986 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 21:32)cscott1 Wrote: Meh it looks ok I like the Bingie Mod better. Until they figure out TMDB helper integration you can use Trakt lists or use another addon. Most of my widgets come from my add-on integrated library but I do have one that comes straight from an add-on for new releases everything works Ratings cleartitles trailers and all the only drawback is you are stuck with whatever art the add-on provides and not get to pick your art with artwork beef.

If you are learning to skin why not just help out here with the Bingie Mod? I'm sure everyone would appreciate the help. If you do figure everything out in Aura Mod don't forget about us and share with the Devs here what you have learned.

Exactly what I'm trying to do. I finally figured out how to add more custom hubs.
First I made a copy of Custom_1113_MyCustom_Hub.xml and renamed it to Custom_1118_MyCustom2_Hub.xml and changed the window id within the xml to 1118
Next I added <include condition="Window.IsActive(1118)">bingie_items_myhub2</include> to IncludesHomeBingie.xml
Next I added to IncludesBingie.xml
        <!-- my hub 2-->
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1118) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(spotlightmyhub.path))">$INFO[Skin.String(spotlightmyhub.path)]</value>
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1118)"/>
Last I added this to IncludesHubs.xml
    <include name="bingie_items_myhub2">
        <include>Empty_Hub_Alt_Buttons</include>
        <!-- set custom spotlight content -->
        <include content="Set_Custom_Spotlight_Hub_Button" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets) + !Skin.HasSetting(BingieHomeDisableFirstRow) + !Skin.HasSetting(DisableSpotlightContent)">
            <param name="hubname" value="myhub2"/>
        </include>
        <include content="bingie_custom_hub_items">
        </include>
    </include>

Update: Apparently I have some more learning to do because i have no menu in this window
Hey all got some more questions with some images for reference.

https://imgur.com/a/2vkjAuv

1. As I mentioned earlier can someone point me to exactly what numbers I need to change to make the posters bigger in Titan Bingie Mod? I believe it was in an .xml

2. In the first two images, Under the clearlogo and under the x% liked, TV Rating, and Seasons It will show either Watch Season 1 Now, or a Top 250 IMDB today.

On some shows it isn't there, rarely for shows with one season and im on season 1, not sure why; but on shows I have progress in beyond season 1 and are not on the top 250 such as Prison Break in image 2. Can we add some kind of placeholder text similar to the Fake Codec, or make it so it says something like Continue Season X (whatever u are on) Now, or Continue Watching Now, etc.

3. In Image 3, when it shows the No. x on IMDB Today, is there a way to disable the top 250 IMDB on Footer. So its not in 2 places at once?

4. Is there a way to remove the white bare under the categories widget at the moment or is that pending?

5. I just saw someone post a screencap of Auramod, are there any plans to add Trakt ratings?

6. Is there any way to get more ratings outside of IMDB and TVDB to show up for TV Shows?
(2020-12-06, 02:53)mathu204 Wrote: Hey all got some more questions with some images for reference.

1. As I mentioned earlier can someone point me to exactly what numbers I need to change to make the posters bigger in Titan Bingie Mod? I believe it was in an .xml

2. In the first two images, Under the clearlogo and under the x% liked, TV Rating, and Seasons It will show either Watch Season 1 Now, or a Top 250 IMDB today.

On some shows it isn't there, rarely for shows with one season and im on season 1, not sure why; but on shows I have progress in beyond season 1 and are not on the top 250 such as Prison Break in image 2. Can we add some kind of placeholder text similar to the Fake Codec, or make it so it says something like Continue Season X (whatever u are on) Now, or Continue Watching Now, etc.

3. In Image 3, when it shows the No. x on IMDB Today, is there a way to disable the top 250 IMDB on Footer. So its not in 2 places at once?

4. Is there a way to remove the white bare under the categories widget at the moment or is that pending?

5. I just saw someone post a screencap of Auramod, are there any plans to add Trakt ratings?

6. Is there any way to get more ratings outside of IMDB and TVDB to show up for TV Shows?

I'm reading through all the skinning tutorials now to see what I can figure out.
This may help you find what files to modify Estuary_Modification (wiki)
Keep in mind anything you change is at your own risk and if you mess it up you may not be able to get help from our forum members. always make backups before modifying anything.
(2020-12-06, 02:53)mathu204 Wrote: Hey all got some more questions with some images for reference.

You can adjust the size of the poster inside includeshomewidgets.xml. Doing so will also mess up the movement with multiple widgets when scrolling up and down.

You will need to change the layout for categories to landscape. Make sure to Disable fixed focus widgets. Then under configure shortcuts. Go to the categories widget and change it to landscape.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-12-05, 22:56)johnsonsteven1986 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 22:39)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 22:14)johnsonsteven1986 Wrote: I don't think it would take too much to make it look like Bingie Mod. I'm trying to learn how to skin now so hopefully I can see what Aura has that this is missing. pretty sure its something to do with the hubs but I cant figure out how the hubs are called in the code and in what order. My biggest thing is adding more custom hubs and having random widgets with changing titles from TVMb. If I could figure out how get trailers to auto play from addons I would start modding Aura to make it look more like Bingie.

Exactly what I'm trying to do. I finally figured out how to add more custom hubs.
First I made a copy of Custom_1113_MyCustom_Hub.xml and renamed it to Custom_1118_MyCustom2_Hub.xml and changed the window id within the xml to 1118
Next I added <include condition="Window.IsActive(1118)">bingie_items_myhub2</include> to IncludesHomeBingie.xml
Next I added to IncludesBingie.xml
        <!-- my hub 2-->
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1118) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(spotlightmyhub.path))">$INFO[Skin.String(spotlightmyhub.path)]</value>
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1118)"/>
Last I added this to IncludesHubs.xml
    <include name="bingie_items_myhub2">
        <include>Empty_Hub_Alt_Buttons</include>
        <!-- set custom spotlight content -->
        <include content="Set_Custom_Spotlight_Hub_Button" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockHubWidgets) + !Skin.HasSetting(BingieHomeDisableFirstRow) + !Skin.HasSetting(DisableSpotlightContent)">
        </include>
        <include content="bingie_custom_hub_items">
        </include>
    </include>

Update: Apparently I have some more learning to do because i have no menu in this window
You will need to tie your new hub to a icon and includeshubs.xml, and overides.xml you can add menu to it.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-12-06, 12:16)AchillesPunks Wrote:

You can adjust the size of the poster inside includeshomewidgets.xml. Doing so will also mess up the movement with multiple widgets when scrolling up and down.

2. That’s the sublabel. Cartman created the logic for “watch season xx” for the tv show sublabel. I just added the top250 to replace it in instances where there is a top250 item.

It seems you want something to permanently be available as a sublabel but I think it’s ok as is. It gives the impression of homescreen being a bit more dynamic. Sometimes there’s a sublabel, sometimes there isn’t, just like Netlix.

3. Yes, this one’s possible. I did keep it in the footer to make the footer a little more detailed, otherwise you’re viewing a very short footer but as you say, it’s redundant info.

4. Currently, the only way to display categories widget properly (with fixed focus and poster layout) is to temporarily switch off fixed focus in order to change widget layouts individually, switch the categories widget to landscape, switch fixed focus back on.

Also need to make sure fixed frame is off and the landscape categories widget is your very last widget (or you’ll run into problems).

I’ve just removed mine completely as I prefer to use fixed frame.

5. If I can ever figure out how to implement tmdb helper. Don’t think skinhelper has this info

6. No.
(2020-12-05, 12:12)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 03:59)cscott1 Wrote:

Hugo that's why I asked you if the information was cached and curious if it was just affecting new requests.Users who already had the information cached to their system wouldn't see a problem.

Definitely not.  One of the first things I tried when you were having issues was to delete my simple cache to let it rebuild and it did, pretty much near instantly, including  TV Show top250.

I just tried again. This time, it was unexpectedly doing nothing for several minutes.  I noticed some of the widgets I had configured weren't loading and I was just getting the busy spinner on them.  I removed them and then all the metadata was pulled.   

Maybe you can try resetting to default widgets again and then delete your simple cache.

I tried as you suggested still no top 250 for tv shows. I also figured out how to transfer the build to my laptop and it's exactly the same. Is it possible I had some setting from way back OG Bingie or one of the early mods to have it disabled or something and changes to the settings over the different versions and I'm not able to change it now because it's no longer a setting?
(2020-12-06, 18:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 12:12)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 03:59)cscott1 Wrote: Hugo that's why I asked you if the information was cached and curious if it was just affecting new requests.Users who already had the information cached to their system wouldn't see a problem.

I tried as you suggested still no top 250 for tv shows. I also figured out how to transfer the build to my laptop and it's exactly the same. Is it possible I had some setting from way back OG Bingie or one of the early mods to have it disabled or something and changes to the settings over the different versions and I'm not able to change it now because it's no longer a setting?

No, that shouldn’t be the case. Didn’t you do a fresh bingie with no user settings anyway?

Did you try a fresh install on your laptop (rather then transferring your build) and then just add one top 250 tv show? If this doesn’t work (which it really should) it has to be something up with your library integration method I guess.

So presuming this works as it should, it looks like you’d need a fresh Kodi and bingie shield install. No backs ups, start from scratch.
(2020-12-06, 19:34)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 18:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 12:12)HugoL Wrote: Definitely not.  One of the first things I tried when you were having issues was to delete my simple cache to let it rebuild and it did, pretty much near instantly, including  TV Show top250.

No, that shouldn’t be the case. Didn’t you do a fresh bingie with no user settings anyway?

Did you try a fresh install on your laptop (rather then transferring your build) and then just add one top 250 tv show? If this doesn’t work (which it really should) it has to be something up with your library integration method I guess.

So presuming this works as it should, it looks like you’d need a fresh Kodi and bingie shield install. No backs ups, start from scratch.

I was afraid you were going to say that but it was good advice I now have the top 250 tv shows but at a price I lost years worth of my artwork luckily it's not a total loss I was able to copy over my entire library and it's not a library integration problem as I had feared. I'm guessing something was corrupt in my old database but I really have no clue.

Top 250 finally working https://imgur.com/gallery/Jszfsht
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0